Batman|Bruce Wayne/Affleck is in Suicide Squad!

Man, that's the downside to mass weight training. Along with all the working out, you gotta eat tons and put on serious weight to turn the fat to muscle. But then the moment you stop working out for a few weeks, the muscle reverts back to fat again.

That's actually a myth.

Man, that's the downside to mass weight training. Along with all the working out, you gotta eat tons and put on serious weight to turn the fat to muscle. But then the moment you stop working out for a few weeks, the muscle reverts back to fat again.

That's actually a myth.

Nah dude it's true. What do you think happens to all that muscle if you don't sustain it?

GR8GG is correct, Kguillou, in that one bodily tissue doesn't morph into another type of bodily tissue. Moreover, it takes a similar amount of time to reduce a tissue as it does to increase its size, so several years or decades worth of training simply don't vanish over a few weeks.

Where you have a partial point is in the "sustaining" part. Increasing muscle mass and cardiovascular output requires additional calories. If a person ceases to do the training, but doesn't make a requisite adjustment in caloric intake, then those extra calories get converted into body fat.

Ouch, tha bro science strikes again.

He looked pretty fing great during BvS to me.
ben-afflecks-batman-body-is-buff-beyond-belief-06.jpg

article-2754780-21568F1800000578-812_306x710.jpg

A lot better than he does now.

If you'll recall, though, it took him several months to get to this state. In the early stages of production on BvS, he looked much like he does now. So, in my opinion, there's no real need for concern at this point. If it helps, I believe he was spotted at a gym in London a few weeks ago.

Correspondingly, I'm no expert on such things, but I imagine the idea is to wait until an actor is closest to peak physical condition before filming scenes meant to display his/her physique in the best possible light (e.g., the training montage). Prior and after that, you just need to look convincingly imposing under regular clothes.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in another thread as well, but does anyone else feel this film unintentionally made Batman look irresponsible by having Joker on the loose?

I mean I was under the impression that Batman had the Joker already behind bars by the time the main events of BvS took place but that didn't appear to be the case. So why isn't Batman even bothering with trying to catch the Joker?

The guy ends up killing several mercenaries in an attempt to get kryptonite based on his 1% chance view towards Superman when the Joker is a certified 100% threat.

I think it's okay. Penguin has his iceberg lounge where he chills out on a regular basis. If Joker has been released from Arkham, he's a free man but nonetheless would be watched. Just like the Penguin. Like the Azzarello graphic novel, it seems that Letoker is more of a direct gangster interested in strip clubs and turf wars. Bad guys v bad guys type of stuff.

Physiologically speaking muscle does not "turn into" fat. If you don't pare down your eating to go along with the decreased time in the gym - yes you'll increase fat stores and will look pudgey. But it's not a case of muscle going away or becoming fat.

In fact people that work out, lapse, and get back in the gym - find themselves up to speed much faster than someone who never lifted regularly (which should be obvious).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"