Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with getting a rookie Batman again, provided that they don't revisit the origin.

Yeah, so long as Reeves handles this like Batman 89 and Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'm all for getting a rookie Batman.

Interesting, could we be looking at an Arkham Origins type of story here where Batman is a known force in Gotham but clearly has not met his Joker or Two-Face yet, maybe has an uneasy alliance with Jim Gordon...

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for here too. And it'd be great to have a full movie's worth of Harvey Dent being sane and a good guy too, and then explore his descent into Two-Face in the second film- kinda like how the Ape trilogy handled Koba.

I support Robert Pattinson

I'd love for this too. No clue if he's too old yet or not though.

Pretty much everyone I've considered for Batman is in their 30's already. The only person I can think of right away that's in their 20's that I could maybe see pulling Batman off is Nicholas Hoult.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for here too. And it'd be great to have a full movie's worth of Harvey Dent being sane and a good guy too, and then explore his descent into Two-Face in the second film- kinda like how the Ape trilogy handled Koba.

Yes PLEASE :ilv:

If it's inspired by Year One in terms of tone, that's okay I suppose. I just don't want to see a movie about Gordon getting to know Batman, him training, making the suit, etc. Just go right to Batman action.

I concur with the rest of those who don't want another Year one , Batman Begins type story.

But having that same type of setting with a rookie Batman is fine. But yeah, I don't want to see the Wayne murders, I don't want to see him falling down the well, I don't want to see him meeting Gordon, building the Batmobile etc.

That would be a big misstep imo, but I'm down for the rookie Batman in a Year one type Gotham.

A year one Batman without the origin is fine by me. Especially if this Batman is gonna be doing his thing for a couple of decades as opposed to a total of like 6 whole months like we got in the TDKT

Just because Batman is 25-30 that doesn't necessarily mean that the actor has to be the exact age of the character in the movie. As long as they can play young.

I still kind of like Armie Hammer for the role. He's only 31, he's 6'5" and if were to get shredded he would fill out a Batsuit nicely. He has a relatively deep voice and could pull off Bruce Wayne pretty well, I think.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/N0PaJ

Last edited:
Huge fan of Jack Huston... it would be cool if he gets it.

Just because Batman is 25-30 that doesn't necessarily mean that the actor has to be the exact age of the character in the movie. As long as they can play young.

I still kind of like Armie Hammer for the role. He's only 31, he's 6'5" and if were to get shredded he would fill out a Batsuit nicely. He has a relatively deep voice and could pull off Bruce Wayne pretty well, I think.

This is very true and I wouldn't be opposed to Armie Hammer at all.

However considering Reeves was approaching actors like Gyllenhaal and Huston for Batman, I have a feeling he's not necessarily interested in continuing the same look and vibe Affleck brought to the role.

Armie Hammer really has evolved as an actor ever since the cancellation of his JL movie a decade back.

He’s got the look as well as a really great deep voice, wouldn’t even need a voice modulator or anything like that.

If he would want it, of course.

This is very true and I wouldn't be opposed to Armie Hammer at all.

However considering Reeves was approaching actors like Gyllenhaal and Huston for Batman, I have a feeling he's not necessarily interested in continuing the same look and vibe Affleck brought to the role.

Yeah I mean Jake and Jack are more average height as opposed to Armie who is tall.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if Hammer got it. Probably pretty indifferent

25-30 age range?

Jeremy Irvine, 28 (War Horse, Billionaire Boys Club, and upcoming The Professor and the Madman)
4pwnbhjpizgbppgw.jpg

Jack O'Connell, 27 (Unbroken, '71, and Starred Up)
jack-o-connell1.jpg

Armie Hammer really has evolved as an actor ever since the cancellation of his JL movie a decade back.

He’s got the look as well as a really great deep voice, wouldn’t even need a voice modulator or anything like that.

If he would want it, of course.

I’ve been a proponent for him since day one, but the more I see of him the more one-note he comes off.

He does that one note competently and I won’t say he’s anywhere near bad, but the versatility is what I’m having trouble seeing.

25-30 age range?

Jeremy Irvine, 28 (War Horse, Billionaire Boys Club, and upcoming The Professor and the Madman)
4pwnbhjpizgbppgw.jpg

jack-o-connell1.jpg

I thought of O'Connell, but he's only 5'8"... possibly shorter.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm glad it will be Batman early on in his career, but it feels too soon to revisit Harvey Dent. He's not a character like the Joker that you can bring in and still have it feel fresh, because the Two-Face origin is so core to the character. Even if you just feature pre-Two Face Harvey, the whole time, the audience is going to be wondering when he gets half his face burned off. And if you just have Two-Face, you need to explain how the hell he got that way (they tried to do this in a HORRIBLE flashback scene in Batman Forever... I always wondered if Batman was just sitting in the courtroom in full costume before he leaped into action). Obviously they wouldn't have to make the flashback look that profoundly stupid but it still made the beginning of that film awkward because it was like, "Wait, Harvey is already Two-Face? Huh?"

25-30 age range?

4pwnbhjpizgbppgw.jpg

jack-o-connell1.jpg

Ooh, both seem like realistic options to me.

Armie has done a lot to prove himself over the past few years, but he's also stated his disinterest in the whole blockbuster franchise game, so I'm gonna pass.

And if you just have Two-Face, you need to explain how the hell he got that way (they tried to do this in a HORRIBLE flashback scene in Batman Forever... I always wondered if Batman was just sitting in the courtroom in full costume before he leaped into action). Obviously they wouldn't have to make the flashback look that profoundly stupid but it still made the beginning of that film awkward because it was like, "Wait, Harvey is already Two-Face? Huh?"

Its hysterical now when I think back on it, Lol. At the time, as a teen, I totally didn't question it, but what can I say, it was the 90s:woot:.

I thought Jones had a pretty good monologue in his first scene until he turns around with his Pink face, then it all goes down hill from there. Lol.

Its hysterical now when I think back on it, Lol. At the time, as a teen, I totally didn't question it, but what can I say, it was the 90s:woot:.

I thought Jones had a pretty good monologue in his first scene until he turns around with his Pink face, then it all goes down hill from there. Lol.

I think I was about 13 when I saw that movie and when Batman leaps across the courtroom, I was like, "HUH?!" I think I just rolled with it but it still seemed pretty ridiculous at the time, lol. Oh, the 90s.

And yeah, TLJ's performance and look was awful. It was like they just told him to play the Joker (poorly) and decked him out like some sort of BDSM pimp.

He's really good in Lawless and Unbroken. But I see him more as Dick Grayson than Bruce Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"