BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who should be cast as Batman in Man Of Steel 2?

I think possible choices are

Charlie Hunnam - got the jaw, got the physique, was in Pacific Rim
Joe Manganiello - runner-up to Cavill for Man Of Steel

Alan Cumming was excellent as NightCrawler. I'll just say that I'm glad that you are not the casting director because the last thing we need is casting based almost solely on martial arts abilities and looks.
Actually I take that one back. He was great acting wise. Im still sore that he looked like his costume was made from thrown out Ninja Turtles costumes and smurf ****. I will replace him on that list with
2 cat women(halle and anne) and one Robin. Lol

Charlie Hunnam is not leading man material, he explicitly showed that in Pacific Rim. I say keep him as far away from the project as possible.

I have just finished the first 6 episodes of True Blood Season 6 and I think Rob Kasinsky would be an excellent choice. He was both nice and charming, but almost showed that he could be dangerous and menacing when the scene required.

I think he should be considered.

Charlie Hunnam is not leading man material, he explicitly showed that in Pacific Rim. I say keep him as far away from the project as possible.

It's his first movie as a leading man, and he's perfectly fine in it, he's proven that with the right material (SOA, Hooligans, Nicholas Nickleby, Deadfall), he's truly great. He's fit for The Flash, and we had this rumor that WB was so high on him that he's the lead choice for The Flash.

About Bats, give it to Armie Hammer (since he was alrdy cast as Bats in George Miller's Justice League) or Garrett Hedlund.

I like the idea of Wes Bently if he bulks up, I've seen him in some great dark roles, and he actually has black hair and blue eyes like Batman is supposed to.
This isn't the 80's? I wish it were. 80's had THE best Batman. Keaton is still my fav. I just hate them always needing to cast big names as heroes and failing. Actually not just that, but also this need to change **** or do anything to appease mainstream audiences while ignoring the things that made these heroes legends in fiction. Which is why I like Zack Snyder. He tends to be true where others fail and the "updated" stuff actually works. How he handled Watchmen was epic, with as few changes as possible. Even the ending change still worked eventhouth it put all the heat on Manhatten. In the end I trust Snyder. He'll make a good choice.

Hunnam is one of my picks for Green Arrow, but Batman? Nooooo. Also I want to take back my comment about Gosling being the worst pick for bats. I saw a few people suggest David Boreanz. So yeah, that is now the worst.

I like the idea of Wes Bently if he bulks up, I've seen him in some great dark roles, and he actually has black hair and blue eyes like Batman is supposed to.
:up:

In truth, the fact Bentley looks perfect for the part is a happy coincidence- it is the intensity of his presence which I think seals the deal.

Misha Collins as batman

FYI this IS casting for Batman in an actual movie, not a crappy CW rendition loosely based on comics geared towards teen girls with no taste. Might as well just say "**** it" and go with Boreanz.

I'd be less down on all these CW types if this were Batman Beyond....but this is Bruce Wayne, not a man-child. Bruce Wayne should never have a face that looks like boy(which too many of these men have)....unless it's a flashback to childhood. Here's one I haven't seen and am admittedly iffy on...Clive Owen. He's more Bruce than Bats. Should have been the new Bond IMO.

Hunnam is one of my picks for Green Arrow, but Batman? Nooooo. Also I want to take back my comment about Gosling being the worst pick for bats. I saw a few people suggest David Boreanz. So yeah, that is now the worst.

He's not a personal pick of mine for the role right now, but a younger Boreanaz is what I would call perfect for the role of Batman. Absolute perfection. It's like he was constructed just for that role. Too bad he's not in his late twenties/early thirties anymore.

Clive Owen is old and can't do a decent American accent to save his life. He's never going to be Bond or Batman.

He's not a personal pick of mine for the role right now, but a younger Boreanaz is what I would call perfect for the role of Batman. Absolute perfection. It's like he was constructed just for that role. Too bad he's not in his late twenties/early thirties anymore.
There is only ONE way I see him as Batman, and that's if he was shoehorned into Lois and Clark. He'd fit into that universe as Batman, but no others.

My Top 3 choices:

Joe Manganiello
joe-manganiello-interview-04072012.jpg

Jake Gyllenhaal
29025.jpg

Karl Urban
Karl+Urban+9P6KRXeaZVhm.jpg

Luke Evans would be ok too.

Clive Owen is old and can't do a decent American accent to save his life. He's never going to be Bond or Batman.

Fair enough for Bats, but why not Bond? He's damn near perfect for it considering his roles in Sin City and Shoot Em Up. He has the look, accent and action movie chops. Not like Connery or Moore were that young when they were Bond, and they are two of the best ones. It kinda doesn't help that he looks an itty bit like Lazenby, though. Ugh, hate Lazenby.

my top 3 choices:yay:

Michael Fassbender
michael-fassbender.jpg

Luke Evans

Luke-Evans.jpg

Richard Armitage

strike-back1.jpg

Armitage looks like anorexic lazy eye Gerard Butler in that pic.

Scott Adkins. They won't need a stunt man at all. He would do all his stunts and then some and give us the most physically gifted Batman ever. But I guess he's not a "name" for the studios.
pic03.jpg

yenilmez-3-filmi-2.jpg

scott_adkins_03.jpg

Batman is supposed to be the best most complete fighter in the world right? Scott Adkins is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"