Batman Confidential announced!

hippie_hunter said:
DC better cancel Legends of the Dark Knight for this

They already cancelled Gotham Knights so they might not cancel LOTDK, although I think they should. Confidential is now what LOTDK was when it started. LOTDK doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.

i'm excited about this title, but i really can't afford it, they should just make it a mini, damn you DC :(

TheFalcon said:
They already cancelled Gotham Knights so they might not cancel LOTDK, although I think they should. Confidential is now what LOTDK was when it started. LOTDK doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.

what exactly was the purpose of LOTDK? It's was started to show Batman tales from different points in his carerr. It still does that. And does it well. I'm excited about the new Confidential book. But if it does the same thing as LOTDK, I don't see the need for two out-of-continuity books. But I'll still buy it. I bought Gotham Knights and look at the train wreck that turned into.

portaciobatman.jpg
whilceportacio.jpg

A bit too unpolished for my tastes.

Sketches by definition are "unpolished".

Well, duh. But the style, it's a bit raw, a bit gritty. Not my style. But not bad though, so that counts for something.

well...the art looks....yes gritty, not what i'd usually like.

maybe i won't be picking up this book after all :(

A Batman look with gritty art...(in Brando mumble) the horror, the horror!

Not to be snide or anything, but to me that sketch is better then the overly-polished, overly-stylized design Jim Lee gives Batman. I like that "sleek Batman" look, but these sketches are a bit closer to the heart of the character, IMO.

BTW, that rt looks like a lot like that of awesome Bat-artist Eric Battle.

TheFalcon said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Batman Confidential is taking the purpose of Legends of the Dark Knight. There is no reason to keep it going, especially since it really isn't that good.

Batman Confidential will be the third Bat-title I will be reading. I'm a little dispointed that Gotham Central and Gotham Knights are both gone. Legends of The Dark Knight really didn't grab my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"