FCEEVIPER

Rubber bullets. Honest
Reaction score

BATMAN #676
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and variant cover by Tony Daniel & Sandu Florea
Cover by Alex Ross
Are you ready for "Batman R.I.P."?
Beginning the epic story that will change the legend of the Dark Knight forever! Everything in Grant Morrison's groundbreaking run on Batman has been leading to this story, and nothing will ever be the same again.
Who will live? Who will die? Who will be Batman? The answers are sure to shock you in "Batman R.I.P.," featuring artwork by Tony Daniel & Sandu Florea and covers by Alex Ross.
So is this the well web-rumored death of Batman/Bruce Wayne?

Here's what Dan Didio had to say:

Online rumors already say Batman is going to die—but come on, you’re DC…you wouldn’t kill Bruce, would you?
I’m not sure where these rumors started from, and I’m not sure what people are talking about there, but we do have a rather exciting series, a big storyline starting within Batman and being written with Grant Morrison called “Batman: R.I.P.” I don’t know if that adds to the confusion or creates answers, but it’s a big story that only Grant can tell. And since Grant is doing Final Crisis and Batman, it’s hard for me to say what the next steps may be.

Feel free to discuss...

Knowing Morrison's work, I can't take the title at face value. I don't think Bruce Wayne will die, but it still seems that there will be a new Batman.

Knowing Morrison's work, I can't take the title at face value. I don't think Bruce Wayne will die, but it still seems that there will be a new Batman.
I hope not, either way if true I'm done collection bat-comics. :cmad:

Damn it. I thought Morrison was kidding with that entire Batman #666 ****.

If that idiot hack Morrison kills Batman, I have a feeling he's going to be lynched.

Somehow, I have the feeling that the "R.I.P. Batman" story arc is going to be tied into Final Crisis somehow considering how Grant Morrison is doing both. My guess is that this whole arc in Batman will be sort of like Alan Morre's "What Ever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" in that this is Morrison's version of the last Batman story, in that what happens to the other characters after Bruce's death and how things developed to that future we saw in Batman #666--which of course Final Crisis ends up undoing somehow. Of course, this is totally trying to capitalize on what Marvel did in killing off Captain America.

always this b*tching about such things. Even if he is killed off, he will return in a few months. He is NOT real.

always this b*tching about such things. Even if he is killed off, he will return in a few months. He is NOT real.

We know he's not real you condesending dumb ash. That's why we're upset with the WRITER for doing it. Killing a character and then bringing him back months later is a cheap, lazy, and stupid marketing ploy that has litteraly been done to death (no pun intended) in comics. And killing off a major character right before his movie comes out is a stupid idea from a marketing standpoint too. If you're just going to bring him back in a few months, why do it at all? If things are going to be the same again, why say "THINGS WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!"? Not to mention the fact they already did this storyline with Batman in the 90's and called it Knightfall.

And if they do kill him, fans are going to riot. Batman without Bruce Wayne is not Batman. No matter who you put under the cowl, it'll never be Batman without Bruce Wayne. He's not a guy you can turn into a legacy hero, like Green Lantern or Flash.

And Morrison hasnt exactly filled alot of us with confidence that he'll do this in a poetic, tasteful way. He'll probably have a ninja man-bat and the devil show up and ash rape Batman to death while Damian pouts in the corner.

I see bruce giving up the mantle, Probably having more of a batman beyond role as mentor...

and yet you'll all still buy it regardless...

and yet you'll all still buy it regardless...

I dropped Batman after issue #666. I didnt read the 'Tec Ra's Al Ghul issues. I'm not one of these people who goes around b**ching about something yet still reading it every month. I just dropped Spider-Man for the same reasons. It wasnt something I enjoied, so I stopped spending my money on it.

I wouldn't mind a Batman Beyond-like story at all. Would you?

Hahaha, what has been "groundbreaking" about Morrison's run? :huh:

There should be no non-Bruce Wayne Batman. :cmad:

We know he's not real you condesending dumb ash.

WOW!!!!
That's why we're upset with the WRITER for doing it. Killing a character and then bringing him back months later is a cheap, lazy, and stupid marketing ploy that has litteraly been done to death (no pun intended) in comics. And killing off a major character right before his movie comes out is a stupid idea from a marketing standpoint too. If you're just going to bring him back in a few months, why do it at all? If things are going to be the same again, why say "THINGS WILL EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!"? Not to mention the fact they already did this storyline with Batman in the 90's and called it Knightfall.

And if they do kill him, fans are going to riot. Batman without Bruce Wayne is not Batman. No matter who you put under the cowl, it'll never be Batman without Bruce Wayne. He's not a guy you can turn into a legacy hero, like Green Lantern or Flash.

And Morrison hasnt exactly filled alot of us with confidence that he'll do this in a poetic, tasteful way. He'll probably have a ninja man-bat and the devil show up and ash rape Batman to death while Damian pouts in the corner.

Of course it's the writers. But they cannot force you to buy these issues. It's stupid and weak, of course. But if no one would buy it they wouldn't do it. Don't blame them for wanting to make money.

But please, all, stop this "Oh NOOOO!!!! I will never buy anything from DC! NOOOOOOO!"

If they replace batman, the new one better be dick grayson or tim drake. I don't want another Badazz extreme batman like Jean Paul Valley.

See, then there's no point. Jean Paul was something different, it sucked...but that's beside the point. To make Dick or Tim Batman, it'd just be Dick or Tim in a batsuit. For them to change their persona would be stupid. It's Bruce Wayne Batman, or no Batman. :o

See, then there's no point. Jean Paul was something different, it sucked...but that's beside the point. To make Dick or Tim Batman, it'd just be Dick or Tim in a batsuit. For them to change their persona would be stupid. It's Bruce Wayne Batman, or no Batman. :o
Agreed.

Killing off Batman just after an actor heavily linked to Batman has passed away? They don't have the guts.

Killing off Batman just after an actor heavily linked to Batman has passed away? They don't have the guts.

Even though this was in the works months before he passed away

I highly doubt that they will kill off Batman, but Im sure since its Morrison we are in for a big shock.

As huge a mess #666 was, and as reluctant to buy Batman books as i am now(i thought the International League of Batmen story was dumb and i still don't get the purpose of Bat-mite...), i'll probably pick up the issues anyway. I'm interested in seeing how this story ties into #666. If not for the story, for the Alex Ross covers and Tony Daniels interior work...he's damn good.

Speaking of Ross though, i guess this is the best place at the moment, but i've been thinking about picking up the three Justice hardcovers. Is the story any good?

Yeah, Justice was awesome. :up:

And I'm pretty sure #666 was out of continuity and not really related to anything. In the issue where the third "Batman" shows up, Batman says he last saw him in "a terrible dream" or something like that.

And I'm pretty sure #666 was out of continuity and not really related to anything. In the issue where the third "Batman" shows up, Batman says he last saw him in "a terrible dream" or something like that.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I hope.

Yeah, Justice was awesome. :up:

thanks.

i hope so about #666, though with the last issue, it all could potentially come together. Where i'm interested in seeing if and how it ties in, i don't think i'm going to like it.

damn, that's some awesome Ross cover art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"