Batman R.I.P.

It doesn't really tie into RIP at all. Any reference to Batman or Batman's perceived death usually falls in line with the rest of the fallen heroes, so there's nothing specific mentioned beyond the fact that he's believed to be gone.

Black Hand digs up the grave and brings up the skull, but there's no way of knowing it's actually Bruce's skeleton. All that's known is that at the end of Final Crisis, there was a corpse lying in Superman's arms dressed as Batman, while another panel then shows him in another time. It's possible that this is a dummy body, or that through some weird process, Batman currently has both a dead body in the present and a live one in the past.

Barry Allen and Hal Jordan were investigating the grave robbing that was discovered by Alfred, who was frantic and remorseful over the fact that he had argued with Dick Grayson over where to bury Bruce, with Alfred eventually winning out so that he could be laid to rest alongside his parents. They don't get to investigate much further than that, because as they're about to leave Gotham, zombie Martian Manhunter arrives.

Thanks for clearing that up Master Bruce. :up:

I don't usually read DC comics but I read some of RIP and I'm gonna jump into current events with Blackest Night. Looks great.

bruce's soul was displaced in time, just like mr. miracle, who also left a skeletal husk when hit with the omega sanction, so it is bruce's skeleton.

Yes, but from comic-con it self Bruce is dead(or techniqually not found) but Dick is now the new batman with Damien as robin

The whole RIP thing and all of its aftermath is a muddled mess. There was nothing special about it. The only good stories to come out of were done by the great Paul Dini.

We had Knightfall and Prodigal already, and those were done very well, we don't need another Bruce goes away story.

And as seen in Prodigal Dick was not happy as Batman, there's no reason to go down this path again.

I know the DC people said RIP wouldn't mean he's dead but still we don't need just a rehashing of the same premise. Bruce is gone and they say he'll be back, well duh, we knew that. As goes with all Death of type stories, don't insult the fans' intelligence.

If you want attention then write a good story, don't fall back to old gimmicks which are dead themselves, we won't fall for it anymore, not that we really did before anyway.

But like when Superman died and Bruce had his back broken it was fresh and good, now it is just sad and lame.

And if you like all this fine, I'm not bashing you guys, I'm a huge Bat-Fan and love all my fellow Bat Brothers and Sisters, but enough is enough.

I think Dini writes fun stories, but there isn't anything special about his stories. Tec was ok, no more. Morrison on the other hand, is morecreative. I really enjoyed RIP, because of the atmosphere. It was strange but understandable.

And Batman and robin is not the same thing as prodigal for me. In prodigal, Dick knew he was doing this for a short thime.This time, he doesn't act as batman stand-un. He's Batman!

But i understand your feelings pal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"