BATMAN REBOOT: your personal preferences?

Joker, TwoFace and Scarecrow are my favorite from Batman rogues gallery, and we got them in the Nolan Trilogy. Im kind of mixed about Joker appearing again, but he is Batmans main adversary and theyll always want to work him in.

Film1: Black Mask and Cobblepot (Underground vs Organized crime war)
Film2: Riddler & Hush (Hush wants bloody revenge, Riddler wants to outsmart Batman, and prove superiority)
Film3: Either Joker or Freeze

Definitely stay with a Tumbler/all terrain vehicle. It doesnt make sense for Batman to drive "a car".

As for Gotham, Batman Begins got it right.

No Robin.

Last edited:
I would like to see an adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum (videogame) for the first movie, we don't need another origin story for Batman, a good option for playing the Joker would be Robert Knepper:
1212736820037_f.jpg

If it were a TV show, Robin's story begins in season 2. For a film...bring him in with the next film or the one after, but don't show his origin. Just have him already there.

It's a bad choice (only my opinion of course) to bring Robin in so soon. Batman is going to show up in Justice League first..correct? That's Batman outside of Gotham, teaming up with half a dozen superheroes.

Then we're getting Batman movies on his own. To have him in Gotham City teaming up once again with other partners in crime, like Robin or Batgirl..would be way too soon and way too much. They won't exactly be "Batman solo movies" now would they? I'm not down for seeing Batman in a team-up movie, then turn around to see WB promote a bunch of Batman solos when it's just ANOTHER team-up movie in disguise. Just within a different city, and a different partner.

It makes Batman look weak. I only prefer Robin in the story when Batman is getting up there in age, and there are multiple villains to fight off. Batman himself can take a LOT of people on his own. The threat must be pretty high for him to need Robin. If you're going the Arkham City route for the reboot, and all the rogues are on the loose?? That's perfect for Robin. So bring him in when that happens. But wait 2-3 movies first.

I would like to see an adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum (videogame) for the first movie, we don't need another origin story for Batman, a good option for playing the Joker would be Robert Knepper:
1212736820037_f.jpg

Nice casting choice.

For me , it depends on whether or not WB is doing a shared movie universe. If they are, then I'm assuming the rest of the JL members will be younger including Batman so I wouldn't bring in Robin at least until the 2nd or 3rd film. If they're not doing a shared universe, I would already have Robin established (either the Dick Grayson or Tim Drake Robin).

i despise the idea of a 'bat-family' scenario. i like batman as a single entity personally with one partner (at a stretch).

I love the idea of police zeppelins in the sky. absolutely awesome idea- could make for some great set-pieces when the batwing comes into play.

Oh, and the vow.
what is the vow?

It also doesn't make sense that Batman wears a cape.
He uses it to glide and it generally makes him look more fearsome in the nights sky.

oh wow how did i forget about this guy. T-bag from prison break!!
I'd instantly cast him as Joker personally- definitely get him in the series somewhere.

After the death of his parents,young Bruce Wayne took a vow on his parents' grave to wage a war on crime so that nobody else would suffer a loss like his. That's "the vow" and probably the main aspect of Batman's orgin that hasn't been put in a live action film though I think Adam West's Batman made a reference to it once.

/\ I'd start the Batman reboot with his parents been shot and him taking that vow then credits then into the movie and straight into the Bat ash kicking action.

/\ I'd start the Batman reboot with his parents been shot and him taking that vow then credits then into the movie and straight into the Bat ash kicking action.
That's a cool idea for an intro.

I don't have any particulars, I just want a fun, campy version of Batman again.

I love the Dark Knight Trilogy, but something more fun, less serious, ala Iron Man would be awesome.

NAME OF 1ST FILM: I would be happy with The Batman or Batman: something

SERIES DURATION: I wouldn't even give it a set sort number of films, just take one film at a time. But six would be a good number if there's a limit.

BAT-SUIT: With the New 52 and Earth One I could actually believe the Grey and black cowl look working, but it depends on the colour of the grey. I would say it should look like body armour like TDK but not so obvious.

ROBIN PARTICIPATION: the thing with the BB and Nolan films was that they tried to prove that Batman could be fleshed out character and that a film could be held alone by Batman, if there was any doubt. I think with the reboot they should expand on that and do the same for Robin. Batgirl? I wouldn't mind but they first need to do Robin correctly first.

JOKER PARTCIPATION: I agree wait a while but at the same time there could be a cameo in the film like him in Arkham or something.

GOTHAM CITY: I wouldn't mind a Gotham like BB Gotham were there was different sides to it, it was kind of mixture between comic books and real world cities.

ORIGIN STORY: Let's leave the origin story but I wouldn't mind it being about year two were we have a Batman who's not quite hardened but has still been fighting for a while.

BATMOBILE: I'd like a mixture between the Tumbler and burton were its sleak but almost tank-like in design.

1st MOVIE VILLAINS: I wouldn't mind Hush and have a mixture of the Hush storyline and Bruce Wayne: Murderer. Maybe even have Mad Hatter and Riddler as side villains.

Dick grayson in first movie robin by the end robin in the second movie nightwing in the third movie.

1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

2. Dolph Lundgren

3. Full penetration

That's all you need for a great Batman movie.

Dolph would play Frankenstein's monster as the villain, fyi.

I don't have any particulars, I just want a fun, campy version of Batman again.

I love the Dark Knight Trilogy, but something more fun, less serious, ala Iron Man would be awesome.

i could not possibly disagree with this more.

dark dark dark i say

I think there has to be some midde ground no one wants campy again really. Something more comic book like would be a real treat, something that captures the darkness of Burtons films but not as Burton like if that makes sense.

I guess a live action style like Under the Red Hood would be perfect for me.

Last edited:
I would like to see a live action movie with the sensibility and style of a Dini-Timm animated film. Perhaps just a touch more serious, but not by much.

I really don't agree with the logic of some people here (no offense to anyone). Just because a Batman movie will be very faithful to the comics, more faithful than any other Batman movie in the past, means that it will be lighter? Why can't you have a dark Batman movie that's also very faithful to the comics? The batman comics are for the most part just as dark as the Nolan films. Some stories such as Long Halloween, TDK Returns, No Man's Land and the current Scott Snyder stuff are even darker than the Nolan films. The dark mature tone of Nolan's films is not something Nolan created for Batman but something Nolan adapted from Batman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"