SO. How would you reboot Batman?

Wesley Dodds

He Who Lurks ...
Reaction score
I know this might be a thorny subject for some (especially since Nolan hasn't even finished his trilogy yet) but just for fun, how would you reboot Batman?

I'd have Batman and his rogues gallery already long established in Gotham.

I'd cast John Hamm as a present day Batman.

I'd introduce The Joker in the post-credits sequence of the second movie (maybe killing off one of the secondary characters of that particular movie)

I'd make sure Gotham had more of an individual character (as opposed to just being Chicago)

No love Interest.

A voiceover from Batman throughout the story. (It wouldnt be ironic or "knowing" like Sin City or something) It'd be sparingly used, only coming in when the movie needs to emphasize something...

Your turn!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'd cast Guy Pearce as Harvey Dent.

I'm very in the world of Nolan right now, so I wouldn't want to change or reboot just yet. LOL

But if so, I'd love to see some flicks or a series based on the comics; for one, if not directed by Zack Synder, The Dark Knight Returns. Viggo Mortensen as Batman and either William Dafoe or Robin Williams as Miller's Joker. :woot:

Nice.

I know it's a terrible cliche, but I always pictured Crispin Glover as the TDKR Joker.

Nice.

I know it's a terrible cliche, but I always pictured Crispin Glover as the TDKR Joker.

It is. LOL But we all have; my behalf mainly because in Back to the Future he resembled the man who became the Joker in TKJ, or to say only too well.

george_mcfly.jpg

Jokerorig.png

Huh, I never noticed that. But I don't regard TKJ origin as his 'true' origins, so that's probably why (I prefer it a mystery).

No love interest, huh? Silly Nolan, he seems to be afraid of using women as main characters. I'd love to see another lady enter the scene and stir some things up.

Huh, I never noticed that. But I don't regard TKJ origin as his 'true' origins, so that's probably why (I prefer it a mystery).

No love interest, huh? Silly Nolan, he seems to be afraid of using women as main characters. I'd love to see another lady enter the scene and stir some things up.

Yeah, I'm all for giving the love interest thing a rest for a while, Every major Batman movie has him moping around after some girl (He was even willing to give up the mantle for one in TDK, for cryin' out loud!)

While i think it is impossible to surpass Batman Begins and The Dark Knight i think that a reboot should have a completetely new origin, a bit different than Batman Begins but close to that of the comics, and it should have the Red Hood (Joker before he became the Joker) exploring his past but not giving his name, and then they could use the Riddler as a minor treat, with a little appearance of Poison Ivy with her trying to kill Harvey Dent, and some time after the first half of the movie Harvey should become Two-Face and be the true villain. And then, as Nolan is going to make 3 movies becoming a trilogy, not counting with Gotham Knight, then the new reboot should also have a third movie, which should finally feature the Joker as the villain, and pocibly another one as a little treat or another villain, but leaving the joker as the main villain.

Yeah, I agree with leaving The Joker as the third movies villain.

I think that the end of Batman 3 will mean the entering of the "freaks". I'd like to see a Batman four, five, and six about ten to fifteen years after Batman 3. Bring back Christian Bale for the fourth and then have Tom Berenger play an older Batman for five and six.

I think that they should have a Batman Beyond trilogy sometime after the sixth film.

After Nolan's third film and assuming he won't come back I would continue from where he left off but bring in Mr Freeze as the villian. Hopefully keep Bale for another three but doubtful.

Nolan rebooted it already, he was successful at making us forget about f***ing Batman & Robin and Batman Forever. Now, enough of reboot! Let some other great director give his vision without rebooting and without directly following the Nolan films.

After Nolan´s batman 3 i hope that they leave the film series to run and run and run longer like what happens with the bonf franchise

Nolan rebooted it already, he was successful at making us forget about f***ing Batman & Robin and Batman Forever. Now, enough of reboot! Let some other great director give his vision without rebooting and without directly following the Nolan films.

That would also be considered a reboot .

After Nolan´s batman 3 i hope that they leave the film series to run and run and run longer like what happens with the bonf franchise

Well, I guess the most obvoius problem with that is Harvey Dent is dead in the Nolanverse.

How exactly do you make an ongoing Batman series without Two-Face?

I just want something a bit more noirish. A series that is stylistic akin to Long Halloween with classic gangsters and such. Batman should be mostly kept in the shadows in silhouette.

I love Nolan's characterization but making everything look and feel entirely realistic isn't a favorite of mine. I mean I love this take and consider it just as important as the next though. This current rendition is terrific.

Weasly Dodds said:
Well, I guess the most obvoius problem with that is Harvey Dent is dead in the Nolanverse.

How exactly do you make an ongoing Batman series without Two-Face?

Simple, you don't use Two-Face.

Meh, after his origin, he became just another guy in a suit, robbing banks.

Meh, after his origin, he became just another guy in a suit, robbing banks.

Nah, I've gotta disagree with that. Of all Batman's villains, Two-Face has the most personal connection to Batman.
So much of Waynes charcter is wrapped up in guilt and Two-Faces character personifies that guilt.

The Joker may be Batmans nemesis but Two-Face is the one who gets under his skin.

I'd put Alfonso Cauron in charge and add fantasy elements so you can have villians like Mr. Freeze and Clayface but I'd keep it dark.

It would be a potent mix of the 70's comics, BTAS, and Year One.

The costume would be closer to the War on Crime or Dead End costume.

Batman would be very smart and clearly the world's greatest detective.

The origin would be retold with a kid Bruce Wayne traveling all over the world planning a one man war-on-crime early on. You'd see him get private lessons in every thing from escape artistry to detective work to grappling as he slowly masters everything by his late teens. By his twenties he's ready to become the ultimate crime fighter. None of this learning most of his abilities from Ras al Ghul. It will be clear that Bruce was a self made superhero by using dozens of mentors in various arts.

Not in Nolan's universe, but they could use Paul Sloane and George Blake ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"