Batman Returns vs Batman Forever?

That's not quite true, I find both appealing for different reasons.

I just saw Forever last night for the first time in ages and this shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Returns. The film is absolutely terrible. Riddler an Two Face were AWFUL villians and the whole tone of the film was pitiful. People say B&R ruined the franchise, but thats wrong. It was the mess that was Forever which ironically forever marred the original Batman films. B&R never stood a chance after this crap ruined and through the Batmanverse into an early grave

I wanted to like Kilmer. He's a fine enough actor but his Bruce was so bland with little personality. I just saw a blank face most of the time and he didnt do much emoting. I also didnt like the idea of having a blonde Bruce. Being the lead, he lacked the charisma onscreen to pull the role off but Im not sure if thats necesarily his fault or the directors. Kidman? Her dialogue was bad and I didnt care for her character.

That's not quite true, I find both appealing for different reasons.

Well, I actually forgot to add "most of the time", which I think its true, at least from my POV and from what I read here and in the blog comments. But of course, it doesnt apply to everyone

Batman Returns is better, but my favorite from the original Batman movie series, is the first Batman movie.

Returns is the better movie, but I like forever more, which to me isn't saying much personally.

Returns. To be fair, BF had its strengths, and it's a passable movie. Returns was a far more profound experience.

Returns, definitely. I can't even muster the energy to re-watch Forever, ever.

Batman Forever. Jim Carey is more entertaining for me than DeVito drooling all over the place all the time. I think Chase is hotter than Selina, and better for Bruce than Selina was.

Schumacher made Bruce more interesting than he was in Returns.

Fudgie never lets us down, always reminding me why I took a break from Hype if I forget

Last edited:
Dr. Chase Meridian: I don't mind the work. Pity I can't see behind the mask.
Batman: We all wear masks.
Dr. Chase Meridian: My life's an open book. You read?
Batman: I don't blend in at a family picnic.
Dr. Chase Meridian: Oh, we could give it a try. I'll bring the wine, you bring your scarred psyche.
Batman: Direct, aren't you?
Dr. Chase Meridian: You like strong women. I've done my homework. Or do I need skin-tight vinyl and a whip?
Batman: I haven't had that much luck with women.
Dr. Chase Meridian: Maybe you just haven't met the right woman.

Seriously... just who do you blame for this scene. Goldsman no doubt.

Psychiatry for Dummies.

That you can't handle opinions different to yours?

No, that I see someone always commenting on something they really hate with passion for some reason, and then people with the most wrong facts possible claiming they know everything quoting you and giving you thumbs up

Batman Returns.

Batman Forever is a pretty bad movie.

GA, you're the one that's sounding petty.

I just had a pleasure of knowing those two before. Dont worry, they dont even know what Im saying, they only understand "yes youre right, me , Nolan, comic books, we're all wrong. YOU are right"

I think there's a good movie somewhere in Forever, but the way they tackled it isn't my cup of tea.

Forever has far too much neon, and you never feel like the villains ever actually are evil, they're just all wow look at me i'm crazy kinda thing, and chase vs Selina?! C'mon Selina is way hotter when she's 'changed'

No, that I see someone always commenting on something they really hate with passion for some reason, and then people with the most wrong facts possible claiming they know everything quoting you and giving you thumbs up

I don't hate Batman Forever with a passion. This thread is comparing it to Batman Returns. Why does it bother you so much that I responded to it?

I like Forever better.
And Returns had some campy elements, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"