Batman SEs being re-released 2/10/09

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
The Digital Bits has reported that Warner Bros. will re-release both the standard and 2-disc SEs of the previous Bat flicks (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin) on February 10, 2009.

I know there's a separate Blu-ray thread, but I just want to get news out for those who don't have Blu-ray players and have yet to get any of the Burton/Schumacher 2-disc SEs.

I'm relieved no more people will have to shell out $30-50 a pop to get sealed copies of these discs, because up until a few months ago I had no idea those were out-of-print.

Why not the same day as the Blu-ray? They can't release them on March 31? :confused: WHV is so damn confusing. Oh well, I havn't bought a DVD since last July (went blu).

So far, while rumors are circulating about when the Batman Anthology will hit Blu-ray on March 31st (or February 10th), I see no solid news about it on Blu-ray.com, DVD Empire, or The Digital Bits.

And DVD Empire now has brand-new preorder links for the 1997 versions of the Burton/Schumacher flicks (in keep cases) as well as for their respective 2-disc editions (which still have that high $29.99 SRP attached).

I just want a 2-Disc SE for Mask of the Phantasm.

I never even know they stopped making these in the first place, good thing I got mine when I did.

Ugh this is some news.. I was trying to get those damned SE's of the older bat movies i passed up.. and now they are like 20-25 bucks each, that's just way too much for movies ive seen 34058 times.. Hopefully the price point of these re releases will be 15 or lower, and with cooler packaging! good news though at least.

Thank God I didn't get them yet. I need to get B89.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"