Batman:The Animated Series Tribute Thread

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
For all things TAS, pics, memories and so on.

The first time I saw the show Fox ran a sneak peak and it was the RedClaw episode, the two parter featuring Catwoman.

I loved everything about it. At first I was a bit dissapointed the show didn't look just like the comics, but I got used to it. Not that I didn't like the style, I did.

The show is so awesome. I wish it could've gone on forever. I once said I didn't like when the show's style changed but I take all that back, I don't think the WB show looked as good but was still so awesome, especially comapred to the crap on tv nowadays like the new The Batman, which is such an insult to Batman.

I was so happy to see the show had the elfmann theme, not exactly the same as the movie but a new version for the cartoon that stayed true to the movie theme.

I loved how they took the Riddler and gave him real character and the Mr. Freeze origin rocks!

Damn, I love this show SOOOOOO much. It is probabley my favorite incarnation of the Batman character. Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and co. are geniuses! :up: :up:

Look, I loved the show too, But can we please make this thread just about TAS, and not a forum for bashing the new show?

doggpoundcrip said:
so with four volumes on dvd....is that every episode?

The four volumes (which to 109 episodes) cover all of the BTAS. Although Batman Beyond is basically an extension of BTAS. I recommend that you buy the first season of BB March 21st along with the first Season of Justice League.

Batman_TAS.gif

ote2.jpg

batmanro001.jpg

I have found memories of catching this show after school on Cartoon Network, several years ago. I had to buy the DVD collections (I haven't gotten the 4th one yet though). It'd be pointless to list the things I liked or loved, because that would be pretty much everything. One of the greatest cartoons and TV shows ever. The only thing I sort of disliked was that they didn't exactly cover Batman's origin, while they devoted two episodes to Robin's backstory.

Speaking of origins, the two episodes that show how Dent became Two-Face are some of my favorites. You really feel sorry for him, even before he becomes Two-Face (with his anger problems and so on). Throughout the story, you know what's going to happen, but you keep hoping that it won't. It was all so sad.

I get teary every time Bruce says "then... the nightmare is over", and when, in the next scene, he hugs his dad. For those who don't remember, that's in the episode where the Mad Hatter has Batman caught in a virtual reality... a virutal reality in which his parents are still alive and someone else does the job Bruce did as Batman. One might argue that the Mad Hatter should've just killed Batman (or at least taken off his mask to learn his true identity) and that the episode had too much fantasy/sci-fi, but I liked it.

Another great moment is when Hugo Strange uses his device too visualize Bruce's thoughts. They're talking about the death of his parents and Hugo asks how he felt at the time of that and afterwards, to which Bruce replies "I wanted... revenge!", consequently causing the Bat symbol to appear on the thought-reading device's monitor. Also an episode that many would say had too much sci-fi/fantasy in it. I guess I agree about that (same goes for the Mad Hatter episode mentioned above.)

Well, I don't want to put all my impressions in one gigantic post, so I'll stop here. :)

Last night I watched If you're so smart why aren't you rich, and The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne.

There are some that really stand out from the series, they are all good but some really stand out.

For me those episodes are...

Two-Face, Robin's Reckoning, Nothing to Fear, The Scarecrow episode when he was betting on the football games at Dick's college 'cause he was using his toxin on the players, the Ra's two parter, ther's just something about the stories and artwork that stands out, that was just a bit better than the rest, just like the first episode with Mr. Freeze, the animation and story in that show was just excellent.

Old villians that didn't have much to them were given great revamps like The Riddler and Freeze.

I was so happy that in the WB version the Penguin went to his classic look. I like the movie incarnation but not near as much as the original.

Speaking of looks, the way some of the characters were done was better than previous looks in the comics etc, in my opinion, the animated Catwoman is my fave look of her, Two-face had a nice style, I once saw a drawing of Face by Timm that had him sitting at a table with a cigarette in his hand, it just looked cool.

It was so nice to see Batman taken seriously and with respect, let alone a cartoon to be done so well.

It was also nice to see real guns, instead of them wussing out and avoiding all that. A few cartoons at the time would use laser guns at times and it didn't work.

It even showed that it could be better than the live action films, Sub zero was way better than Batman and Robin. Ofcourse the best Batman animated movie is MOTP, I just wish I'd seen it at the movies, I regret not going and seeing this great incarnation of the DarkKnight on the big screen. Oh,well.

Bathead said:
Look, I loved the show too, But can we please make this thread just about TAS, and not a forum for bashing the new show?
Not about that but when talking about the great 90's series you can't help but point out how horrible that new show is. I tried watching it but, it is unwatchable and an insult to Batman.

From your permission, can I post some Scarecrow pics from the show? I loved him

Silver Sable said:
From your permission, can I post some Scarecrow pics from the show? I loved him
Are you asking my permission? You can post any animated pics you want, that's what this thread is for, I'd love to see some Scarecrow pics. Awesome!!!

040805a1.jpg

WB1160-Gotham-Knights.jpg
[/quote]Just creamed my pants. I'm sorry but I still don't like Batgirl, she was good in the show, I just never liked her, ever. Just way too many Bat characters. Batman and Batman alone should wear that mantle.:) Just my opinion.

Morgoth said:
Are you asking my permission? You can post any animated pics you want, that's what this thread is for, I'd love to see some Scarecrow pics. Awesome!!!

It looks like Batmaluco posted some all ready but thanks anyway lol

Silver Sable said:
It looks like Batmaluco posted some all ready but thanks anyway lol
lol :D
I was very tired when I saw your post. I thought you were asking someone to post scarecrow pictures, and posted some. :)
Now, reading again, I see that you said that you would post some. :O
I hope you don't mind. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"