Sequels Batman versus superman

cyke18

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok. i guarantee this has been posted b4 but i havent been on here in ages. so im just wondering if the batman vs supes flick was completely scrapped or is there still a chance if not even greater chance since both have successful solo films. i for one would love to see Bales Batman and Routh's superman. but who should direct it. Singer? Nolan? sumone else and what kinda plot u guys wanna c.

A while ago Singer said he'd be intersted in it after he's done making Superman films, and Brandon has shared an intrest too. Someone at Warners said that you do a vs. film when the characters are all dried up, like Aliens and Predator movies and Halloween and Nightmare on Elms Street movies are. But Brandon has expressed that he'd like to see Superman and Batman united to defend the world from danger not to be combatants.

he'd like to see Superman and Batman united to defend the world from danger not to be combatants.

when have they ever, or were ever planned to be combatents?

Brandon said hes very interested as long as they arent fighting each other for the whole film.

Bale expressed interest and its been rumored on bt that they actually have discussed it together in real life before.

Singer expressed interest.

DC comics president said the teamup is inevitable but it will have to happen once Batman and Superman both fully re-establish themselves...so likely after the third film of each franchaise.

Personally I think this would be great. These two would have a great contrasting duality in personality, it would be entertaining to see.

And since Lois and Superman would likely be together or married by this point, Bruce and Clark's rivalry finally wouldnt be over a woman. I'd like to see them go a different route.

I think that it should be more of a World's Finest type story arc.

It obviously will be. Though I think they should call the film Superman/Batman though for marketing reasons.

Most ppl wont understand the significance of 'Worlds Finest'

It might be World's Finest with a Batman-Superman subtitle.

Heh, I wonder if Nolan would have brought Robin in by then.

nolan says he is not planing on bringing in robin at all

Batman Begins and Superman Returns are too different in texture.

For Batman vs Superman to be done-- it must be a movie seperate from the Donner films and seperate from all previous Batman films, and the costumes have to be designed to fit together well on screen.

They already fit together. WB chose Singer to give Superman the same dark real world feel that Nolan planned for Batman Begins.

Maybe Superman could think that batman is a bad guy, and have the two trying to stop a robbery, and have them both ending up thinking that the other one is the robber and stuff like that.

nolan says he is not planing on bringing in robin at all
aww i wuz really curious to see if hed use drake or dick. but thanks alot for the info guys it definately sounds like a possibilty. i think Bale and ROuth will play off each other well and it will be the single best comic movie eva.

when Wolfgang Petersen was slated to direct.

yeah, but that whole concept was based on the idea, that they would begin as enemies (as most Batman-Superman team ups go), and then they'd realize that each was a 'good hero' and team up against a greater threat. That's how it always went.

yeah, but that whole concept was based on the idea, that they would begin as enemies (as most Batman-Superman team ups go), and then they'd realize that each was a 'good hero' and team up against a greater threat. That's how it always went.

are you sure about that? I seem to remember that the story revolved around the characters having a pre-established friendship, but that over the course of the film they become enemies when Clark prevents Bruce from killing the Joker after he had murdered Bruce's wife.

are you sure about that? I seem to remember that the story revolved around the characters having a pre-established friendship, but that over the course of the film they become enemies when Clark prevents Bruce from killing the Joker after he had murdered Bruce's wife.

yeah, then what would happen after that? although nothing really confirmable came out of this rumored project, we know that neither character could be used as a villain. I'm 100% positive, that if it had gone forward. The plot would have ended up with Batman and Superman re-establishing their friendship to take on a greater threat.

yeah, maybe they'd have competeted a little, and maybe even try to kill each other, but we can be assured that some sort of stalemate would occur, resulting in a reafirmed alliance in the face of a villain who threatens them both, and the world aswell.

it just wouldn't work any other way, and would end up being called a bastardized vision of the characters a la batman forever and batman and robin.

yeah, then what would happen after that? although nothing really confirmable came out of this rumored project, we know that neither character could be used as a villain. I'm 100% positive, that if it had gone forward. The plot would have ended up with Batman and Superman re-establishing their friendship to take on a greater threat.

:confused: Wolfgang Petersen was confirmed as director working from a script written by Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman. the project fell apart when Petersen left to direct Troy.

:confused: Wolfgang Petersen was confirmed as director working from a script written by Andrew Kevin Walker and Akiva Goldsman. the project fell apart when Petersen left to direct Troy.

all I'm saying, is that by the end of that movie, superman and batman would have put their differences aside, and teamed up. It's a total assumption on my part. But can you really see it going in a direction where one ends up killing the other?

well no, but combatant doesn't refer to one killing his or her opponent.

well no, but combatant doesn't refer to one killing his or her opponent.

i get you, I just don't think they'd be enemies persay, but rather competeting heroes trying to achieve the same goal, with some sort of grudge being worked out between the two over the course of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"