Superman Returns Singer, Sequels, Originality, Vision

The biggest thing that links this movie forever with the original is Brando's posthumus return to the big screen. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bryan Singer used the Godfather in Returns. This is creativity in its purest sense I guess. It's a reversal of STM in that Lex is now the one learning from Jor-el in the fortress and building stuff from kryptonian krystals.

North, Ms Kowalski! NORTH!

Matt said:
Suprise has been ruined for ages...and ironically, the suprise is ruining the movie.
In your opinion...not a fact.

Wesyeed said:
The biggest thing that links this movie forever with the original is Brando's posthumus return to the big screen. I'm looking forward to seeing how Bryan Singer used the Godfather in Returns. This is creativity in its purest sense I guess.

Kerry Conran did that with Laurence Olivier in "Sky Captain" a couple of years ago.

oh yeah...I remember that. I love that movie. Sky captain seemedto draw a lot of its inspiration from superman and other comic book stories, movies, serials, cartoons. Now maybe singer's drawing inspiration from sky captain? I've heard it said but now I believe it. "life is circular" ... The reporter woman in it reminded me much of lois lane... the robots looked like they came straight out of a fleischer cartoon, which of course stem from comic roots, I'm sure. Wow, it makes me wonder what a superman movie with all the same stuff would have been like... I want giant robots in the sequel now...

What people seem to forget is that the reason why we have X-Men, X2, including X-Men 3, Daredevil, Hulk, Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1-2, and now Superman Returns with Shazam!, Wonder Woman and FLash being in the works is because of one man: Bryan Singer.

He's the guy who did X-Men with the grounded realism that many after used to make the movies and superheroes better and beliveable. Without him, imagine those films taking more time in development hell and being worse.

Now there was another man who did this to Superman and that was Richard Donner. Singer told Donner about SR first before WB. Do you think that if his idea wasn't good, Donner would tell him and he would stay on X-Men 3?

Now comparing what were the previous ideas for the new Superman movie, would you want:

a) a gothic, rock star looking Superman
b) a Matrix rip-off
c) a movie that gives us the REAL Superman like the '78 classic did

If you chose "c", I give you: Superman Returns.

Binker said:
What people seem to forget is that the reason why we have X-Men, X2, including X-Men 3, Daredevil, Hulk, Batman Begins, Spider-Man 1-2, and now Superman Returns with Shazam!, Wonder Woman and FLash being in the works is because of one man: Bryan Singer.

He's the guy who did X-Men with the grounded realism that many after used to make the movies and superheroes better and beliveable. Without him, imagine those films taking more time in development hell and being worse.

Now there was another man who did this to Superman and that was Richard Donner. Singer told Donner about SR first before WB. Do you think that if his idea wasn't good, Donner would tell him and he would stay on X-Men 3?

Now comparing what were the previous ideas for the new Superman movie, would you want:

a) a gothic, rock star looking Superman
b) a Matrix rip-off
c) a movie that gives us the REAL Superman like the '78 classic did

If you chose "c", I give you: Superman Returns.

C) is the best choice. I hate stupid ideas of previous directors, even Burton's too.

This constant bringing up the age of the actors playing the characters is so ridiculous. Gerard Christopher was in his 30's, older than both Reeve and Routh, and playing Superboy! They had 30 year olds playing teenagers in West Side Story, an academy award winning movie in the 1960's. There are 20 year old men and women who are far more adult in their thinking than 40 year olds!

Heck, when i was 30 I was asked for my ID to prove I was over 21 to buy licquor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"