• Secure your account

    A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

  • Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman Returns No Supervillians in Superman Returns; A very wise decision.

Well, Im treating this film as a sequel, and sense Im going along those lines, this is Lex's 3rd movie. The character needs dealt with now......

Braniac is big enough that he doesnt need to share a movie with Lex. Neither does Darkseid. The point being that there are OTHER villians, the storyline shouldn't require Lex for a 4th time!!!!
 
I wonder, just a little bit, why Braniac couldn't have been in the film.............

Both Braniac and the comic book Zod were part of their early franchise brainstorming.
 
The Guard said:
Both Braniac and the comic book Zod were part of their early franchise brainstorming.

Well I hope that does lead to Braniac in the next film!!!
 
Spacey doesnt need to share a movie with some random supervillians. Superman Returns is his time to shine, his time to own the screen....

This is why Lex as the sole villian for SR was a great idea.

Im sure Brainiac will get his chance to pose a great threat in the sequel, but I'd still want Spacey to make some cameos. Hes just too good and can play so many different characters....possibly even a sadistic version of Lexiac (like his role in Se7en).
 
I still would have liked to see Metallo as Luthor's puppet!!!!!!
 
Then fans would complain that Corben was a tool like Nuclear Man and took a backseat to Lex.

Lets see how major Lex's role is in this film first.
 
Braniac is big enough that he doesnt need to share a movie with Lex.

Perhaps, but the presence of Lex Luthor makes his story far more interesting. They have intersected for years in the comcis, and it makes perfect sense to team them up in SUPERMAN FOREVER.

Or, dare I say, force Superman to ally with Lex Luthor against Braniac. Now there's an interesting plotline after the events of SUPERMAN RETURNS.
 
I agree with Guard. Any Superman film without Lex Luthor would be a huge mistake. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that Superman Returns should have also included an additional villain.
 
Saint said:
I agree with Guard. Any Superman film without Lex Luthor would be a huge mistake. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that Superman Returns should have also included an additional villain.

Agreed:up:
 
Saint said:
I agree with Guard. Any Superman film without Lex Luthor would be a huge mistake. Of course, that doesn't change the fact that Superman Returns should have also included an additional villain.

True.
They could easily have added Metallo. They wouldn't have even needed an origin. Just make it so Luthor was constructing his bionics and Kryptonite Heart during Supermans 5 year absence. Once Superman Returns, Luthors got an Ace up his sleeve if Superman starts interfering with his masterplan. Instead we get a kryptonite Dagger.
They spent so much money on this movie, it's hard to believe theres no supervillain in the budget. I mean, Doc Ocks effects alone in SPidey2 must have cost a fortune. I can't imagine how much the second one will cost with the edition of a new supervillain.
 
WormyT said:
True.
They could easily have added Metallo. They wouldn't have even needed an origin. Just make it so Luthor was constructing his bionics and Kryptonite Heart during Supermans 5 year absence. Once Superman Returns, Luthors got an Ace up his sleeve if Superman starts interfering with his masterplan. Instead we get a kryptonite Dagger.
They spent so much money on this movie, it's hard to believe theres no supervillain in the budget. I mean, Doc Ocks effects alone in SPidey2 must have cost a fortune. I can't imagine how much the second one will cost with the edition of a new supervillain.

I don't think costs will be a problem for the next movie. SR is going to smash a lot of box-office records. It will open to a 100 mil + OW and finish off with a total of 390 million. You can add another 400-450 for overseas gross. DVD sales and rental will be through the roof. What we're going to have here is a mega blockbuster and the #1 film of the year. Up, up and away! :supes:
 
I dunno.....a Superman movie without Lex........I dunno. If he were in a cameo role, I guess it could work.....sort behind the scenes pullling strings or something. But...I dunno. If written well, it could work perfectly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"