Batman vs Superman - World's Finest

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
Perhaps not a good time to put up a thread about this. But let's be positive for the future. We are many that want to see Supes and Bats together on the silver screen.

Will Andrew Kevin Walker's script be used with some added modifications?
Is Wolfgang Petersen still interested in a project like this (he promised us B vs S as next project before he started on Troy).

What will the plot be about? Will Batman go to Metropolis or Superman to Gotham?

Who is going to be the villian? Perhaps there will even be two of them? From Batman's rouge gallery then?

Danny Elfman or John Williams for the soundtrack?

Should this film have been made instead of Batman Begins?

Last edited:
This should be made before JLA. I bet it would make more money than JLA.

Perhaps not a good time to put up a thread about this. But let's be positive for the future. We are many that want to see Supes and Bats together on the silver screen.

Will Andrew Kevin Walker's script be used with some added modifications?
Is Wolfgang Petersen still interested in a project like this (he promised us B vs S as next project before he started on Troy).

What will the plot be about? Will Batman go to Metropolis or Superman to Gotham?

Who is going to be the villian? Perhaps there will even be two of them? From Batman's rouge gallery then?

Danny Elfman or John Williams for the soundtrack?

Should this film have been made instead of Batman Begins?

Are you talking about the unmade Batman vs Superman script or the concept itself? If it's about the unmade film then I will answer your questions in order.

The plot of the film started with both heroes at very ****** points in their lives. Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner James Gordon, and Dick Grayson were all dead and Bruce Wayne had long ago retired from being Batman as a result of Dick's death, I think. Clark Kent had already married and divorced Lois Lane. Bruce found a woman that seemed to be perfect for him. She dies and he returns to being Batman, more brutal than ever.

The film's villains were the Joker, who was thought dead at this point, and Lex Luthor.

I think it was meant to be a reboot to both franchises, so if that were the case, then neither.

Hell no. The script wasn't bad, but it was a terrible idea for a reboot/revival. This script is kind of depressing, and I really don't know where either series could have gone after it. Most of Batman's supporting cast is dead, and Superman is already divorced. I didn't feel the anticipation of what might come next after reading this script, like I did at the end of Batman Begins, probably because it would have left both series a barren wasteland, especially Batman. Both probably would have to be rebooted afterward, since I don't know how you can fix Batman's supporting cast being dead and Superman having already divorced Lois Lane without starting over.

This should be made before JLA. I bet it would make more money than JLA.

It would need an overhaul.

Are you talking about the unmade Batman vs Superman script or the concept itself? If it's about the unmade film then I will answer your questions in order.

The plot of the film started with both heroes at very ****** points in their lives. Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner James Gordon, and Dick Grayson were all dead and Bruce Wayne had long ago retired from being Batman as a result of Dick's death, I think. Clark Kent had already married and divorced Lois Lane. Bruce found a woman that seemed to be perfect for him. She dies and he returns to being Batman, more brutal than ever.

The film's villains were the Joker, who was thought dead at this point, and Lex Luthor.

I think it was meant to be a reboot to both franchises, so if that were the case, then neither.

Hell no. The script wasn't bad, but it was a terrible idea for a reboot/revival. This script is kind of depressing, and I really don't know where either series could have gone after it. Most of Batman's supporting cast is dead, and Superman is already divorced. I didn't feel the anticipation of what might come next after reading this script, like I did at the end of Batman Begins, probably because it would have left both series a barren wasteland, especially Batman. Both probably would have to be rebooted afterward, since I don't know how you can fix Batman's supporting cast being dead and Superman having already divorced Lois Lane without starting over.

It would need an overhaul.
The films after this movie would have been a reboot.

The films after this movie would have been a reboot.

Was it meant to be a one-shot, standalone film? I thought the film itself was supposed to revive both series. Was this meant to be a new continuity? Because, if so, that pisses me off. All of Batman's supporting cast is dead, and Lois Lane is already Superman's ex-wife before we ever saw them. The film depended on too much backstory that it doesn't show us for my taste, and it feels more like it's a final chapter in a series without a first chapter.

Was it meant to be a one-shot, standalone film? I thought the film itself was supposed to revive both series. Was this meant to be a new continuity? Because, if so, that pisses me off. All of Batman's supporting cast is dead, and Lois Lane is already Superman's ex-wife before we ever saw them. The film depended on too much backstory that it doesn't show us for my taste, and it feels more like it's a final chapter in a series without a first chapter.

Reading the script it seemed it could have gone either way. Soft reboot or soft sequel. While not a direct sequel to the Burton/Schumacher films it seemed to be leave the door open to be loosely connected to them. Same with Superman really. The script certainly seemed to be about a Batman and Superman who were a little older and well estableshed instead of new in their careers so I don't think it would have worked as a full on reboot. As an "ending" it wasn't bad but I just don't think it was a very good "new beggining" to those characters.

I don't think The Peterson/Walker/Goldsman version will ever be made but who knows.

If they are going to write a new script for this, should Akiva Goldsman still be the producer?

And what bad guy would you want to see THEN? And should it be more than one villain???

My opinion is Goldsman should stay as far away from any comic book of sci fi movie as possible. I feel his involvement hasn't helped most of the ones he worked on.

As far as directing I'd love to see Peterson come back. If he's up to it I'd even love to see Richard Donner direct a Batman/Superman movie. The guy is about 80 but give him a great script and he could probably still hit a home run.

When it comes too the bad guy...eh. I'm open to a lot of options.

When it comes too the bad guy...eh. I'm open to a lot of options.
Lex Luthor then, perhaps. And The Penguin. These two can work together and be a serious threat to the world. And a super-powered villain also. Why not Metallo?

Lex Luthor should be the main villain and he should put a bounty on S&B. I love if it was based on Public Enemies.

President Luthor as the central villain wanting all vigilantes/super powed beings' real names to be registered to the goverment somewhat simular to Marvel's Civil War and season 10 of Smallville. As usual,both Batman and Superman have simular goals but different ways of achieving them. Cameos by Lois Lane,Jimmy Olsen, Alfred Pennyworth and Dick Grayson. Other villains include Metallo and Mercy Graves as Luthor's staff members and masked villains who could fit appropriately in this story.(Deadshot for example)

They need atleast one from Batman's own gallery of villains. If not Penguin, then who?

They need atleast one from Batman's own gallery of villains. If not Penguin, then who?
I agree but I just don't know which one would fit the best for this story. Maybe a James Bond-ish cameo villain towards the beginning like Killer Croc or Black Mask and his gang. Ra's Al Ghul or Bane were my original choices by with their being in The Dark Knight Rises,I wouldn't want overkill.

Reading the script it seemed it could have gone either way. Soft reboot or soft sequel. While not a direct sequel to the Burton/Schumacher films it seemed to be leave the door open to be loosely connected to them. Same with Superman really. The script certainly seemed to be about a Batman and Superman who were a little older and well estableshed instead of new in their careers so I don't think it would have worked as a full on reboot. As an "ending" it wasn't bad but I just don't think it was a very good "new beggining" to those characters.

I don't think The Peterson/Walker/Goldsman version will ever be made but who knows.

You said it better than I did!

A Batman/Superman movie has to have Joker and Lex teaming up, with a few other villains on the side.

We're done with Joker for a while in Batman films. I think it should be someone else of his villains.

You said it better than I did!

icon14.gif
Not to say I didn't like parts of it but I think a different approach needed to be taken depending on what the future intentions were.

If Superman Returns had worked out and didn't end up rebooted BvsS may have worked as a team between Rouths Superman and Bales Batman. When I read the Goldsman draft I pictured Reeve and Keaton in my minds eye as well established heroes but that take would have been impossible at the time.

A Batman/Superman movie has to have Joker and Lex teaming up, with a few other villains on the side.

True. Maybe if they ever do it down the line it could happen but I don't expect the movie to be made in any form for a long time.

Hugo Strange, Bane, Metallo, Morgan Edge, Parasite are other villains I could see working in a movie like this. I'd probably save the big timers like Darkseid for a Justice League movie.

I feel like Zack Snyder should handle this movie depending on the success of his Superman movie. I only say this because we've Nolan and Goyer also handling this new movie, both of which who are responsible for the Nolanverse Batman films. Maybe Snyder could take over Batman after TDKR and instead of making a Batman 4 just combine the two characters. A Batman VS Superman or World's Finest movie has a better chance at being successful as opposed to a Justice League movie, and THEN after testing the waters I say they set up for JLA. He did wonders with "Watchmen" so I believe Snyder would do the Justice League justice (corny pun intended).

I guess since the WB loves Batman & Superman this would be the logical next step if people like the new Superman & it is a success

I think the title should be "Batman & Superman". Batman vs Superman sounds gimmicky, its not like they are enemies and only 1 can win.

Batman/Superman: World's Finest.

They should go with a fairly straightforward plot, like the one in the DCAU World's Finest. And at the end Bruce and Clark discuss other metahumans around the world and BAM! Perfect lead in to a JLA movie.

I won't agree with you guys that this will be better than JL. In some aspects, yes - in others, no.

A bunch of villains are mentioned. Lex Luthor and Metallo the most. But I think we must pick some "Batman bad guy" as well, who's NOT Joker. The threat must be big enough for our heroes to form a duo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"