Batman vs Superman - World's Finest

As far as the "Caped Crusader" title, I'm not sure exactly why. I think it's that "The Caped Crusader" lacks the gravitas of "The Dark Knight" in my opinion.

I think The Caped Crusader works really well as a title for a Batman film that introduces Nightwing/Robin/Red Robin.

Why can't Wolfgang Petersen take up his World's Finest project again? He said he should do it after Troy. Was that film so bad that Warner Brothers did not trust him with a take on Batman vs. Superman?
Or is Petersen too much linked to Roland Emmeric and Michael Bay? I have a feeling he's thrown in the same group as them. Do Warner Brothers fear that it would be either a Bay-esque "blow up cars in a over the top car chase" action party, or an Emmerich-esque end of the world story, either "overblown natural disasters" or "larger than life alien attacks"?
I would like to see Petersen doing it. But there are other competent action directors out there: John McTiernan, James McTeigue, Tony Scott etc....

Last edited:
Lets be honest here, people will definitely see a film like this... for Batman. I couldn't think of why any people (Aside us comic fans) that would actually want to see a Superman film. I love Superman, but if I said that he's really intriguing, I'd be lying to myself.

Superman/Batman: World's Finest, or World's Finest: but not Batman vs. Superman! Besides, did anyone see the script from that film? Sure, it'll be fine as an elseworlds, but as a film? Hell no.

Lets be honest here, people will definitely see a film like this... for Batman. I couldn't think of why any people (Aside us comic fans) that would actually want to see a Superman film. I love Superman, but if I said that he's really intriguing, I'd be lying to myself.

I agree.

It's pointless to do a WF's film. You might just as well do another Batman instead.

If WB does a team film it makes more sense to pair Batman with intriguing characters like WW or Flash.

That said, forget a team-up. If WB is going to do a team film it has to be a full-on JL team-up. So WB can launch the other characters.

Superman does not need to be in JL. Only fanboys will notice/care. Not the GA. JL needs to be about WW and Flash and MM working off of Bats.

Last edited:
You can't do Justice League without Superman he's the natural born leader and more important to the team than Batman.

No Superman in a JLA film? You gentlemen do realize that the general audience will notice him missing? He's apart of the big three, after all.

You know? Batman... Wonder Woman... Superman.

According to a few sources, MoS seems like a promising reboot:

"Superman is a total badass in the action sequences. Snyder wasn't lying when said that Superman would be physical. Trust me, people are going to be amazed by Superman's feats."

Sounds to me that Superman will be relevant again after 2013.

No Superman in a JLA film? You gentlemen do realize that the general audience will notice him missing? He's apart of the big three, after all.

You know? Batman... Wonder Woman... Superman.

According to a few sources, MoS seems like a promising reboot:

"Superman is a total badass in the action sequences. Snyder wasn't lying when said that Superman would be physical. Trust me, people are going to be amazed by Superman's feats."

Sounds to me that Superman will be relevant again after 2013.

I'm just wondering about the MoS storyline though, the plot seems exactly the same as the first Superman film from the 70s, and I'd prefer watching the Chris Reeve version of the film than the one with the half-naked guy from Immortals. Then again, it probably would just be action, considering that's all that Snyder is good at. Chances are, there's going to be tons of Slow-mo in this film.

Weta is one of the effects houses and they said, while the action is intense, it is taking the backseat over character development and story. Snyder isn't a good writer, but he's a darn good director, and people shouldn't worry about Man of Steel, everything so far seems exquisite.

Weta is one of the effects houses and they said, while the action is intense, it is taking the backseat over character development and story. Snyder isn't a good writer, but he's a darn good director, and people shouldn't worry about Man of Steel, everything so far seems exquisite.

Exactly what I've heard. The action sequences and CGI/SFX actually take a backseat to the story and character development (The Nolans helped write the script after all).

Snyder is far from a Bay-ish director. Watchmen was one of the best CBMs ever made, Dawn of the Dead was a pretty damn good film, 300 was at least thrilling and inspirational (nowhere near a low-tier film) and Legends of the Guardians is severely underrated.

I agree.

It's pointless to do a WF's film. You might just as well do another Batman instead.

If WB does a team film it makes more sense to pair Batman with intriguing characters like WW or Flash.

That said, forget a team-up. If WB is going to do a team film it has to be a full-on JL team-up. So WB can launch the other characters.

Superman does not need to be in JL. Only fanboys will notice/care. Not the GA. JL needs to be about WW and Flash and MM working off of Bats.

[YT]5K-uwYdfZSg[/YT]

:dry:

Last edited:
That long-standing perception should change with MOS. Actually says quite a lot that in spite of having the all-star package of superpowers, Supes still isn't highly regarded in the public eye.

Once people see what he's capable of, in a modern context with our current tech -- he has the potential to be one of the most popular superheroes again. No one holds a candle to what he can provide for a blockbuster.

It's a matter of opinion that Batman is more interesting than Superman. I actually find Superman more interesting than Batman because he has the "nature vs nurture" question that's always there to be explored, and he actually has a duel identity--rather than Batman who has his Batman persona and then the "Bruce Wayne" mask.

But again, that is just my opinion.

But everyone knows that Superman is insanely popular. You only have to realize that the Superman and Batman centered animated movies sold well and the other heroes ones did not so much--ergo, why WB decided to only produce ones with Superman and Batman from now on, an admitted disappointment--to realize who the heavyweights are in the DCU.

I personally didn't like the story since it centered around Clark breaking up with Lois and then having a one night stand with his high school crush on the rebound. But maybe I'm crazy.

I'd love a Batman/Superman movie, but I'd like a JL movie even more.

Only trouble is they wouldn't have Hawkgirl in a JL movie. Sigh, I want the JL TV show line up.

I'd prefer watching the Chris Reeve version of the film than the one with the half-naked guy from Immortals.

That line is too funny. But ITA.

It's a shame the rush in which WB was forced to assemble a court-ordered Superman film prevented the studio from doing the normally months-long search for the best lead actor in a mega-film such as MOS. Defaulting to one of the runner-up actors from previous attempts is iffy/risky. But it is what it is.

Last edited:
supermanmov.jpg

I think the next Batman reboot would allow for the possibility of a WF film. Then again, if WB can make enough money with a lone Batman and a lone Superman, then why would they risk a team-up?

But if there is the possibility of carrying successfully two single franchises and a joint one, there is the risk worth taking.

But if there is the possibility of carrying successfully two single franchises and a joint one, there is the risk worth taking.

Isn't that why in the 80s and 90s the movie companies didn't want to pull Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Arnold Schwarzenegger together in a movie. They wanted each actor to have his own movie, double the movies, double the profits. I don't see WB wanting to put all their eggs in one basket. Now if the Avengers does REALLY well, maybe they'll decide to do it with the JL, doubtfull, but I'm still wishing for that day :woot:

The draw of any team film, WF or JL, is Bats.

The cost of any team film, WF or JL, is going to be way, way north of 200 million.

WB 's are not foolish. If they are going to spend that kind of money WB will do it in a way that best levarges their investment.

To whit, WF - hoping that the Batman allure rubs off on and maybe salvages/makes relevant Superman - or JL, the Batman allure not only works to try to salvage Superman but is there to launch Flash, WW, Aquaman and others.

Just saying and looking at all this from an ROI point of view - which is what the WB number crunchers will do.

Which door would you pick?

Last edited:
The draw of any team film, WF or JL, is Bats.

The cost of any team film, WF or JL, is going to be way, way north of 200 million.

WB 's are not foolish. If they are going to spend that kind of money WB will do it in a way that best levarges their investment.

To whit, WF - hoping that the Batman allure rubs off on and maybe salvages/makes relevant Superman - or JL, the Batman allure not only works to try to salvage Superman but is there to launch Flash, WW, Aquaman and others.

Just saying and looking at all this from an ROI point of view - which is what the WB number crunchers will do.

Which door would you pick?

This is exactly why I think a JL/WF film will not happen. I don't think its worth the investment if DC/WB can have separate viable franchises. It's the same mentality as splitting the last Harry Potter book into two films.

That presumes they can, in fact, have separate viable franchises, however. Until MoS comes out, we won't know.

With fans like you, Superman doesn't need haters.

With fans like you, Superman doesn't need haters.

I'm not a big Superman fan myself, but Superman/MoS doubters seem to forget that Smallville somehow survived as a 10 season show on a network.

At least the first few seasons of Smallville proved that Superman can still be relevant to modern audiences.

There's also Superman: Earth One which supposedly has enjoyed a lot of commercial success (I actually like Birthright better as an origin). The Earth One was apparently successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"