Batmania: 1989

Batman 89 rocks. All the little kids who weren't there for 89 and saw it on the big screen don't know what they're talkin' about, they just see something shiny and new and bite down on it.

I see no mention of it, but people were actually cutting the Bat-logo into their hair.

I forgot they were cutting the logo into their hair. Remember when Jim Carrey did his Joker impersonation on In living color? It wasn't bad, little did he know that someday he would be a villian in a Batman movie.

Geez, I watched the featurette on the Batman '89 dvd and it showed video from the premiere, there was like 500 people there!

Touching how Bob Kane's wife said as they turned the corner in the limo and saw everything and everyone at the premiere, he teared up and said: is this all for what I created?

I just watched 89 again the other night, man is it great. I miss going to see it in the theater, I use to go every weekend.

I just remembered when I went to see 89 for the first time the theater handed out little ordering forms for toys etc, I knew I could buy the toys at the store but I ordered Batman.

I remember in my theater they had a city scape above the concession stand and above the city scape they put a Batman logo to be the bat signal, it was awesome.

I think they had bat symbols hanging from the ceiling aswell. The theater I saw it in has a huge screen, it was so cool.

I was sad the day I went and found out Batman was no longer in that theater, instead they had the Abyss playing.

Batman 89- Batmania what a time watched the movie 5 times. the video .... i lost count!!!
The cerial, the cups, t-shirts, toys, logos, books! So much Batman items!
Great memories!

The Ceb-Man!!!

Batman 89 will remain my all-time favorite Bat-flick, if only for the memories. Over the years they have gotten blurry, but they're still there. Batmania was a big part of my childhood and I will always remember a time when BATMAN WAS KING!

I was only 7 at the time but i remember in my local paper a family of mine managed to get in the local newspaper because of his 'Batman' haircut.

He had the bat symbol shaved into the back of his head! I dunno if my mum kept the newspaper.

I'll dig around...

I think my mum bought me some Batman pyjamas lol

1989 was the year of Bat!:up:

*oops* just read the posts about the bat hair above

When I got the Anthology, I told myself I wasn't going to watch the Prince videos but, I got curious, it's been so long since I'd seen them.

I watched them like one watching a freak show or car accident. What garbage. I still would've liked it better if they'd have just let the soundtrack be the score and that's it.

But, WB wanted a WB artist on there so, oh well. It does kind of fit during the museum scene as the Joker dances around destroying the paintings.

I love 89. I never watched features on a dvd twice before but, with the new dvd I had to.

When I watched the B89 special features, I really forgot how much hype this film really had. Everybody was wearing Batman stuff. This was even BIGGER than Spider-man or Spider-man 2 ever got, even though in the end Spider-man made more.........

Cain said:
No not at all, anyway here are my ratings

Batman The Movie 3/5
Batman 4/5
Batman Returns 4.5/5
Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm 5/5
Batman Forever 3/5
Batman & Robin 1/5
Batman Begins 4/5

Batman The Movie 3/5
Batman 5/5
Batman Returns 3/5
Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm 4/5
Batman Forever 4/5
Batman & Robin 1/5
Batman Begins 5/5

Milkman95 said:
This was even BIGGER than Spider-man or Spider-man 2 ever got, even though in the end Spider-man made more.........

Batman has made more so far. A LOT more. Spider-man did better in theatres, but not in total.

If you're talking video sales, it did have a 13-year head start.

Batman *****
Batman Returns *****
Batman Forever ***
Batman & Robin *
Batman Begins *****

I love 89, I got the soundtrack yesterday at Sam Goody. The score not the Prince garbage.

I like the BB score but at times it just sounds like sound effects and the same sound on a loop. There's just not that much to it. The second ST needs to have more to it.

i remember i was 8 i had the batman costume the movie on VHS and i turned all the lights off in the house and pretended i was in the batcave and watched the movie. was awesome.

My nephew is around the age now and he said Batman Begins was boring and shut it off.

well begins is a more mature movie so ho probroly wouldn't understand alot of it, he might lik eit if you jump to the chapter where bruce gets all his gadgets from Fox and watch from there. and if all else fails, little kids love the shumaker films (at least they'd better, since there the reason the turned out the way they did)

pwl4life said:
well begins is a more mature movie so ho probroly wouldn't understand alot of it, he might lik eit if you jump to the chapter where bruce gets all his gadgets from Fox and watch from there. and if all else fails, little kids love the shumaker films (at least they'd better, since there the reason the turned out the way they did)

i dunno Joker burns a guy alive, talks to his corpse. People drop dead in the resturaunt. the joker gasses people in the streets of gotham. Theres sexuality in batman he beds her in the movie. the joker deforms his girlfriends face then she comits suicide. its mature and there was a lot going on in it that kept my eyes glued to the screen when i was his age.

He said Begins was boring and didnt care about it.

well he's 8, he wouldn't understand what character development,back story, or plot devices are, all he probroly likes about movie is flash and action, by mature I meant that it takes a good hour until we finally see Batman, in 89 he's there right off the bat so naturaly 89 would hold his attention better.

My kids liked "Begins". And they're 6 & 9. Then again, when my youngest was two, his mom & I decided to let him choose his own Halloween costume (He was Spider-Man the year before; my choice) & on his own he picked Batman. So he's something of a fan. My 9-year-old, on the other hand, was put off the character by the new animated series. I took him to "Begins" to get that nasty taste out of his mouth.

My nephew's 9, I didn't take him to see it 'cause I was afraid he'd freak out at the Batman Scarecrow scene when Batman's all scary, and there are certain things he doesn't like but, when I bought it he watched it and loved it. He was glued to the screen. I think he's getting out of that squeamish phase.

My other nephews saw it with me at the theater and they loved it, they're older though. I told all of them before hand that you don't see Batman right away, so they wouldn't get anxious but they understood and they loved it all.

They really like 89 but they haven't seen it in years. My youngest hasn't seen it at all I don't think, I'm going to have to bring over the dvd of 89 someday. I think he'll love it.

It's such a great movie.

Sauron said:
When I got the Anthology, I told myself I wasn't going to watch the Prince videos but, I got curious, it's been so long since I'd seen them.

I watched them like one watching a freak show or car accident. What garbage. I still would've liked it better if they'd have just let the soundtrack be the score and that's it.

But, WB wanted a WB artist on there so, oh well. It does kind of fit during the museum scene as the Joker dances around destroying the paintings.

I love 89. I never watched features on a dvd twice before but, with the new dvd I had to.

I dont remember the hype for this movie cause I was still in my dads balls at this point in time, but even a baby sperm knows that Prince is awesome.

Cain said:
No not at all, anyway here are my ratings

Batman The Movie 3/5
Batman 4/5
Batman Returns 4.5/5
Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm 5/5
Batman Forever 3/5
Batman & Robin 1/5
Batman Begins 4/5

Since this post I have seen the first 3 movies in one sitting back to back. So my appreciation of Batman Forever has actually increased. They did a better job of tying it to the first 2 movies than I initially thought back when it was still in theaters. So I would actually now bump the score up by 1 point making it a 4/5.

UltimateJustin said:
I dont remember the hype for this movie cause I was still in my dads balls at this point in time, but even a baby sperm knows that Prince is awesome.
Shows how young you are. Prince sucks. Has no place in Batman, WB just wanted a WB artist in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"