Batmania: 1989

co2 said:
Hey! I still have my Batman Forever coffee mug from McDonalds. I have Batman but I love that thing.

Your mom uses them for company?! Classy! ;)

LOL, yup. there are very nice glasses, my mom was surprised how nice they were when we got them in '95. there cool. i will get some pics of my whole set later.:)

My first job when I was sixteen was at Six Flags which was the same time the movie opened. Six flags is owned by Warners, and believe me, they promoted it like CRAZY. There were gifts shops out there that were all just Batman with maybe some Superman stuff thrown in. They even had the Batman stunt show which was really cool. I think one of the Six Flags now has a Batman Begins stuntshow too. I expect that if you go to Six Flags next year it will be wall to wall Superman

All this talk about 89 has gotten me so pumped for the SE dvd! I can't wait! I'm getting that and Forever. And ofcourse BB. I know some of you probably hate BF but, I just like seeing Robin finally being put in the movies and it's better than what followed and it's still the Robin suit. The change in B&R was uncalled for, just a Nightwing ripoff, they should've just made him NW or as Shumacher says "Nighthawk", dumbass. What a moron.

^I have the Batman: The Animated Series Mcdonalds toys that my cousins gave me when I was 3.

Funny that the fact that Batmania had a good effect on the arcade scene hasn’t been mentioned yet. I remember the awesome pinball game. Which I found a flyer for

http://www.bmigaming.com/Flyers/batman-dataeast-flyer-pg1.jpg

Most importantly I remember Atari’s excellent Batman arcade game. One of the best movie based video games I’ve ever played and a Chuck E. Cheese’s landmark back in the day.

arcade.jpg

batman.png

arcade1.jpg

arcade2.jpg

batmanarc7.gif

Check the following addy to see an excellent flyer for the arcade game

http://www.arcadeflyers.net/flyers/atari/11024701.jpg

ha! This thread is awesome!

more images

batman.gif

batmanarc6.gif

[font=&quot]
batmanarc5.gif

batmanarc4.gif

batmanarc2.gif
[/font]

co2 said:
They even had the Batman stunt show which was really cool. I think one of the Six Flags now has a Batman Begins stuntshow too.

Yeah that stunt show was alright. Seeing the Batmobile in action was the **** :up:

They had one for Batman Forever as well but it wasn't as good. I remember the guy who played Batman's cape was very short. It didn't go past his waist LMAO

Haven't been to six flags in quite a few years. Had no idea they had a Batman Begins show. One thing I'll say though the Batman themed rides were the best in the entire park. The Chiller and Batman: The Ride were excellent.

They still play the Danny Elfman Batman theme on the Batman themed rollercosters at Six Flags. Or at least at Six Flags New England in Mass.

Cain said:
I remember the guy who played Batman's cape was very short.

There was a short guy that actually played Batman's cape?! How does that work exactly? Does he hang onto Batman's neck from behind his back?
kidding ;)

HarleenQuinzel90 said:
They still play the Danny Elfman Batman theme on the Batman themed rollercosters at Six Flags. Or at least at Six Flags New England in Mass.

They do that here at Six Flags over Texas too. That Mr. Freeze ride kicks some major tail! The Batman ride is cool too. They have the Batmobile from the Burton films out in front. I'm sure it's the leftover from the old stuntshow though. I should have gotten a pic with that last time.

co2 said:
There was a short guy that actually played Batman's cape?! How does that work exactly? Does he hang onto Batman's neck from behind his back?
kidding ;)

ha ha ha ha :up:

This thread is so great, we have to keep it going! As for that thing about the little guy playing the cape, I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Hey Cain good signature, Aparo was one of the best and my fave, I had a sig for him for awhile too.

I can't wait for Tuesday!!!

oh man, awsome videogame pics! i wish there was somewhere online where you could play this game. did they ever have this game available to play on a supernintendo or a sega or soemthing way back when? or is there a way you can play this B89 game online?? i so want to play it!

that arcade game was everywhere...very popular. anybody else have that batwing toy?

I think this year we will have "Supes mania" and "Kong mania", but that's just me. Two American Icons returning to the big screen should generate some buzz.

I wouldnt be to sure

Like i have said earlier, the american public in the last several years have really started to lose interest in big movies...therefor not as much as marketing craze and huge anticpation

Excel said:
anybody else have that batwing toy?

i have both the Kenner Batwing and 2 of the Toy Biz Batwings (ones loose and missing the cockpit, the other is MIB).

IM000790.jpg

Mr. Freeze said:
I wouldnt be to sure

Like i have said earlier, the american public in the last several years have really started to lose interest in big movies...therefor not as much as marketing craze and huge anticpation

Yeah, the movie biz seems to be declining which is too bad considering it is the age of comic book movies. The rest of the world may not be getting into movies as much but I'm loving it.

That is kinda why this thread is so fun. It's "remember when?".

SHADOWBAT69 said:
i have both the Kenner Batwing and 2 of the Toy Biz Batwings (ones loose and missing the cockpit, the other is MIB).

IM000790.jpg
I remember that gold box, I miss those toys.

Sauron said:
This thread is so great, we have to keep it going! As for that thing about the little guy playing the cape, I was thinking the same thing. LOL

Hey Cain good signature, Aparo was one of the best and my fave, I had a sig for him for awhile too.

I can't wait for Tuesday!!!

Thanks man, I feel that I should keep his name up there so people won't forget about him. I mean he's one of the people who helped reinvent Batman after the 60's, the man is a legend for that alone. A Lonely Place Of Dying was the first comic story arc that I ever read. Him & George Perez were the first comic artists who I knew by name. I followed their work for many years after that story arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"