The Dark Knight Batmen Begin

Hi,

I dont know what the Nolans (the writer brother and Chris, the director) are doing with these Bat imposters. Of all the plot elements I've heard about, The Dark Knight seems to make sense......but these bat imposters are confusing......what purpose do they serve in the story? I have no idea. this is the one plot element I've heard about that makes me think "I hope Nolan knows what he's doing....cause now the plot does sound weird"

There's a gang meet between Scarecrow's group and some Eastern European drug dealers. A group of vigilantes come in with guns trying to break it up, they mess it up, they get gassed, set on by dogs etc. The tumbler flies into the garage from the next level up, but that's just a distraction. Batman glides down the center of the garage from the roof, landing on the white van. There's a fight, some of them try to escape in the van, Batman clings on with his funky gauntlet as it speeds down the ramp

I hope and think that's the opening sequence . . . open up w/ some action, and basically show that Batman is hot on the trail of Scarecrow after his escape in Begins :up:

The idea of Bat wannabes emulating Batman is actually cool and kind of fresh. I just hope it blends well with the rest of the story and that they don't lose focus on the main plot which should be The Batman vs the Joker, with Two-Face as a cool subplot.
But I like the idea of Batman having groupies who put everyone themselves included in danger.

Maybe the Joker himself should have groupies too (like Manson and his "family" or something), I mean these guys are the Rock Stars of Gotham after all.

Hi,

I dont know what the Nolans (the writer brother and Chris, the director) are doing with these Bat imposters. Of all the plot elements I've heard about, The Dark Knight seems to make sense......but these bat imposters are confusing......what purpose do they serve in the story? I have no idea. this is the one plot element I've heard about that makes me think "I hope Nolan knows what he's doing....cause now the plot does sound weird"

If you are looking for the basis of the Batman Impostors in the comic book realm, look to Joker's second appearance in Batman # 2... it picks up right at the end of Batman # 1, and the impostors idea is in there. I've written about it before on the AMH thread, look there for more info or read the issue yourself.

Apparently one of the Batmen gets hung, that's scary, maybe to send a message to the real one.
I wouldn't pick Gotham to spend my vacations.

I still think that shot is everyone rounded up after Batman busted the drug deal and put the fake vigilantes in their place.

That would make that picture the only "behind the scenes" one, besides these guys don't look like they are having a nice cup of tea or a donut, they look stressed, like hostages or something.
in another photo bale is reading over script pages, in another someone's holding a light meter

in another photo bale is reading over script pages, in another someone's holding a light meter
How do you know it's not a Joker's ransom letter and a Bat-light meter ?

Just kidding, thank you, I didn't see it, I was to focused on the Joker pics. Specially the one where he looks like a scary religious fanatic (are there any other kind ?)having some weird epiphany.

I am beginning to suspect this movie might take from some additional source material that we haven't considered yet. There were also a fake Batman in Batman and Son # 1, Batman 664... from Grant Morrison's run - plus we have the possibility of a venom spitting Batman (which was also during Morrison's run).

I am beginning to suspect this movie might take from some additional source material that we haven't considered yet. There were also a fake Batman in Batman and Son # 1, Batman 664... from Grant Morrison's run - plus we have the possibility of a venom spitting Batman (which was also during Morrison's run).
Cool, so between Batman # 2 like you said previously and this there's like a history of fake Batmen, I like that more and more, and apparently from the latest news these impostors are unleashed by the Joker to discredit the real Batman. Interesting plot point that is linked directly to the Joker. This is gonna be good.

That new spoiler thread just grenaded every theory in here.

Yup, you saw that coming, but what's up with old crow then ? An alliance with the Joker ?

Perhaps...he could be dealing drugs with some of jokers henchies?

The problem with that new spoiler is the vigilantes working for the Joker sort of goes against what is in the sides.

Perhaps...he could be dealing drugs with some of jokers henchies?
Yeah, that would be cool. I like the idea of a Joker/scarecrow alliance. Isn't there supposed to be a scene where Crow gas Joker with his fear toxin ? Like in Knightfall or something ?

The problem with that new spoiler is the vigilantes working for the Joker sort of goes against what is in the sides.
Yeah, it's all very confusing but kind of exciting too. I still wonder what's up with the guy holding the gun, and also Batman seems to have some sort of device in his hand.

Everyone should be watching AMH, the very FIRST report was that he was playing a fake Batman that is nearly beaten to death.... This has been rectoned with Riddler theories, etc. But the first report speculated he was a fake Batman.

And if you really believe the theory that the fake Batmen are in fact villians... like they start as good guys and the twist is they are actually bat guys... well that would play even better for those of you who believe the quotes AMH begins as a good guy but by the end is bad... or something along those lines.

Whatever the case watch AMH, it appears he might be TWO characters and that is part of the twist... a fake Batman and someone at Wayne Enterprises, and he is likely who Reese thinks Batman really is.... and who he tries to reveal on Engel's program.... however it's all very speculative.

But when the first report said Liam Nesson was Ra's then they told us he was Duncard and casted someone named Ken Watanbe as Ra's... we all turned a blind eye. More often than not the first report is accurate.

I'm really not liking the whole fake Batmen thing, but I really need to read Batman #2 to have a better understanding on this. I hope AMH is not a pseudo Batman.

Mysterio prompted me to re-read all the AMH stuff, and really this is what both me and him found as the most realistic and obvious answer - it was reported, it makes sense with what he has really said, etc. We've both analyzed it pretty well and reached the same results - entirely separate from one another, and then we compared.

The fake Batman also has roots in Grant Morrison's run with Sons of Batman, and Batman #664.

However we are all assuming in the film he more than likely draws from Joker's second appearance in Batman # 2... but I have a feeling the twist may be different - in the comics, fake Batman is working with the mob, and actually has a strong hatred against the freaks and even police who get in his way... in film, I am betting they simply got the concept there, and may make their own twist or just make them legit since they are taking a fresh new look on escalation.

Would this still be a 200 million dollar surprise? Yeah if AMH is someone we see working at Wayne throughout the film, and the leader of the fake Batmen is someone we see interacting and getting in the way in other scenes - and towards the end they are revealed to be one in the same. This would also put AMH throughout the whole film as well. At least back on the cast call sheets we have, sides, pics, etc.

Maybe its kind of like the dark knight returns, they could be committing acts of vigilantism in his honor ala the sons of batman. But of course i don't expect the full blown mutants thing or them being affiliated with one of the other gangs, maybe its just kind of a nod to the films name sake.

poison ivy should be in a sequel. i already mapped out her entire origin in my head.

Mysterio prompted me to re-read all the AMH stuff, and really this is what both me and him found as the most realistic and obvious answer - it was reported, it makes sense with what he has really said, etc. We've both analyzed it pretty well and reached the same results - entirely separate from one another, and then we compared.

The fake Batman also has roots in Grant Morrison's run with Sons of Batman, and Batman #664.

However we are all assuming in the film he more than likely draws from Joker's second appearance in Batman # 2... but I have a feeling the twist may be different - in the comics, fake Batman is working with the mob, and actually has a strong hatred against the freaks and even police who get in his way... in film, I am betting they simply got the concept there, and may make their own twist or just make them legit since they are taking a fresh new look on escalation.

Would this still be a 200 million dollar surprise? Yeah if AMH is someone we see working at Wayne throughout the film, and the leader of the fake Batmen is someone we see interacting and getting in the way in other scenes - and towards the end they are revealed to be one in the same. This would also put AMH throughout the whole film as well. At least back on the cast call sheets we have, sides, pics, etc.
Interesting theory, would that put AMH in league with the Joker since the Batmen are now supposed to work for him ? I gotta reread Batman # 2, I had forgotten about the fake Batman, thanks for the reminder.

Maybe its kind of like the dark knight returns, they could be committing acts of vigilantism in his honor ala the sons of batman. But of course i don't expect the full blown mutants thing or them being affiliated with one of the other gangs, maybe its just kind of a nod to the films name sake.
Aren't the fake batmen now reported to be working for the Joker. He also apparently hangs one of them to send a message to the Batman. At first I was surprised by that news but then I remembered he was the Joker. And I still wonder what is Scarecrow's part in all this ? But the most important question is will I be able to wait another 11 months for all the answers ?

poison ivy should be in a sequel. i already mapped out her entire origin in my head.
Please do share. Anyway, She's due for a reboot after the Schumacher fiasco. My casting choice, Jessica Biel or Ziyi Zhang, why not make her asian, she could kick Batman's ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"