Battle Royale

I would be okay with a 85/ 15% Brock/ Venom flick. What I prize in Raimi's films is it's ability to flesh out characters into something more than mere 'comic book heroes' or 'villains', and I know that by the end of this flick I'll be able to tell why Eddie is Venom. I really don't need to see the character all that much even in the film. It would add to the mystique if his appearance is huge and breathtaking rather than overused and watered down by lack of development.

As for Carnage? I prefer the Ultimate-inspired approach: Connors injects blood (maybe his altered blood after the accident that causes The Lizard, perhaps/ subsituted with Spider-Man's blood) with the 'alien life force' and mutates it; when it merges with Cassidy Carnage is formed rather than Venom. I'm looking forward to The Lizard and Carnage being in SM4...

EDIT: Maybe the thin look in Venom will also aid the continuity in appearance for Carnage...?

Meh, I'm not one cheering on a Spidey 4.

I absolutely HATE Carnage, IMO. He's like a bad, unoriginal ripoff of Venom. I never cared for him, and if they're going to focus on the symbiote, keep the focus on venom, not some crazed pedophile in a red suit who sounds like a second grader. I would rather the focus of 4 be on Lizard. :o

Elisha Cuthbert said:
I absolutely HATE Carnage, IMO. He's like a bad, unoriginal ripoff of Venom. I never cared for him, and if they're going to focus on the symbiote, keep the focus on venom, not some crazed pedophile in a red suit who sounds like a second grader. I would rather the focus of 4 be on Lizard. :o

I agree

Even if Carnage was ever used in the movies, which is extremely unlikely, he would have to be so watered down that he wouldn't be the character from the comics anyway. A supervillain who walks down the street slaughtering everyone he sees in a movie that has to sell action figures....not going to happen.

Iglius said:
Meh, I'm not one cheering on a Spidey 4.
Um, like it or not, it's gonna happen. Sony wants to make seven of these movies. I'd rather we keep the quality rather than throwing away all the good story ideas in one movie.

Elisha Cuthbert said:
Agreed as well...plus the Lizard has ties to Peter/Spider-Man and it would be a great story for Peter to have to fight his mentor and teacher. Carnage is a rip off of Venom and so is Toxin. There are tons of better classic villians out there that deserve screen time before a raping symbiote induced murdering psychopath.

Elisha Cuthbert said:

The very fact that Carnage exists is only because Venom was mishandled.

Venom, originally, was supposed to be an evil mirror image of Spidey. But now, Carnage is the evil mirror image of Venom. When Venom became popular, he became an anti-hero, and the time-honoured technique of making a bad guy less bad is by putting him up against even badder guys - i.e. Carnage.

Wow, I'm plesently surprised that alot of people agree with me on Carnage. That's why I hope the ending ChibiKiriyama posted doesn't happen, cause while it would be sweet to see Conners set up as someone Peter gets lots of help from, the possible set-up of Carnage would be stupid.

Elisha Cuthbert said:
Wow, I'm plesently surprised that alot of people agree with me on Carnage. That's why I hope the ending ChibiKiriyama posted doesn't happen, cause while it would be sweet to see Conners set up as someone Peter gets lots of help from, the possible set-up of Carnage would be stupid.

...Glad to be such the bearer of foreboding news, but I was just suggesting a possibility with a character I don't exactly enjoy to begin with...anyways, it's just him studying the symbiote. It could just as easily be used by someone else, or even Brock if they've altered the ending to add in his survival (though I doubt with as much development as Brock has gotten it will happen).

I hate to be, like, fanboy-ish about this, but I DO NOT WANT A SPIDEY 4.

Man.

Iglius said:
I hate to be, like, fanboy-ish about this, but I DO NOT WANT A SPIDEY 4.

Man.

There doesn't have to be. It could just as easily be a 'brain-teaser'. Raimi left one such ending in his Evil Dead trilogy that was never left resolved. It could just as easily be there to explain where it went after it slinks off Eddie.

Random thought-- its been discussed by many, but what would you guys have thought of Topher Grace as Peter Parker?

Iglius said:
Random thought-- its been discussed by many, but what would you guys have thought of Topher Grace as Peter Parker?

It's actually not that bad a prospect (or "was", if the "what-if" notion is being explored). Topher has the nerdy yet emotionally strong quality to him, and I think that if he weren't used as Venom and Tobey, for unforseen reasons, had left he would have made a great Peter Parker. I find his capacity and range of emotion greater than Maguire.

I'm hoping this role will get him more recognition. I know Spidey films don't exactly rake in the Oscars, but they are popular, and hopefully his name will get out there.

i dont think topher as peter parker would work, tobey has the face of peter parker, topher makes the perfect eddie brock though, he looks just like him.

Not this Topher as Parker crap again, he's EDDIE BROCK/VENOM. Suck it up people, he'll never be Spider-Man now--he's VENOM forever now.

Muhahaha...:D

Visionary said:
Not this Topher as Parker crap again, he's EDDIE BROCK/VENOM. Suck it up people, he'll never be Spider-Man now--he's VENOM forever now.

Muhahaha...:D

We're just musing a "what-if". When people start musing "what if Singer directed X3", "what if Nolan did Superman Returns" or "what if Dunst didn't play MJ" do you respond in the same fashion?

:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"