• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Age of Extinction Bay Replying to Weaving's Comments

Ha, yeah seriously. Don't offend Princess Artist or he'll make cgi explosions at you!

now that i reread this a few days later.

Weaving was simply saying he felt disconnected from the movie.

Yes Bay over reacted. But why is this a surprise from a *****ebag? He's reacted *****ebaggy before, especially towards fans.

He may have not intended for it to sound that way, but it did come off that way. It was just not the professional thing to do. You can have your opinions of the film whatever they are. This isn't about that. It's about the principal really of just knowing what to say and what not to say and with this and Cap - I'm really put off by the whole thing and unsure how anyone can back it up other than not liking the films and their view not dependent on only the business course of matters. If it was just this, yeah - maybe the quote was put out of place, but with this and then the next day (or previous, forgot) being Cap - something just doesn't sit right with me in the matters of why he's possibly doing this. Bale handled it professionally with 'Reign of Fire,' these just weren't tactful at all.

ADDING: Seriously put the notion of opinions on the films out of mind and thoughts on Bay and just focus on the business aspects, then compare Bale's more professional approach to Hugo's directly coming after two of his own films (which seems to say - in business terms - 'I want to be taken as a more serious actor now, so just forget those films I made').

Last edited:
Hey Michael Bay, you got Hugo Weaving for Megatron for 3 films instead of Frank Welker. Frank Welker ALWAYS does his work with a smile afterwards and is a consummate professional. Fans wanted Frank Welker. Peter Cullen wanted Frank Welker. YOU wanted Hugo Weaving. That's on you dude.

Personally, I stand by the fact that one of the biggest mistakes Bay made with the TF films was passing over Frank Welker as the voice of Megatron. Especially after seeing how Welker suitably updated the Megatron voice for 'Transformers: Prime'. Which I think would've sounded great in a live-action movie.

I don't think he did a bad job, but Weaving's voice was always kind off generic to me.

There's a big possibility for Galvatron to appear in TF4 so there's a big chance to hear Frank Welker again.

Frank Welker already does all the peripheral Transformers movie stuff as Megatron. He does the videogames and he also did the Universal Studios ride.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make it Weaving but I mean it was pointless. No one went to see that movie because of Hugo Weaving voicing a classic character. Hopefully he's learned his lesson in this case, but whatever.

Megatron's dead in the movies now but I mean . . . death never really seems to stop these characters.

Weaving - "Yeah I wasn't that involved and that job wasn't very meaningful"

Bay - "YOU TRAITOR, HOW DARE YOU! YOU UNGRATEFUL CRY BABY! I EXPECT LIFELONG LOYALTY BECAUSE I GAVE YOU SOME MONEY! THERE ARE STARVING KIDS IN AFRICA! BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

lol pretty much sums it up. Bay just can't handle any form of criticism. He takes it too personally.

Yes, but he does make a good point. Not against Weaving, necessarily, but in general.

Frank Welker already does all the peripheral Transformers movie stuff as Megatron. He does the videogames and he also did the Universal Studios ride.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to make it Weaving but I mean it was pointless. No one went to see that movie because of Hugo Weaving voicing a classic character. Hopefully he's learned his lesson in this case, but whatever.

Megatron's dead in the movies now but I mean . . . death never really seems to stop these characters.

This. The purpose of that casting was to have a name actor among the voice actors of the robots themselves. It wasn't because he was a better fit than welker.

No tact from Weaving regarding this or Red Skull by the looks of things, at any rate I wonder if he took Bay up on the donation challenge, put your money where your mouth is as the saying goes. ;)

Hmmm looks like some of the cast from the trilogy didn't have much respect for Michael Bay.

Eh, Bay is always gonna be the one you root against in pretty much any debate, just be default of being Bay. Even if he is in the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"