Batman Begins BEGINS Costume Sculpt...My work in progress

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Reaction score
Hope I'm posting this in the right section.....he'ya Snipe.:)

Keep in mind...it's still being ironed out.
Much has changed since these pics but...what the hell...

Here's a teaser for ya'..

Any and all Comments welcome.....just please keep it in regards to what you are seeing here. If you are not a fan of the Begins suit, feel free to also comment...Please do, but I'd like to keep this thread focussed on the accuracy rather than if the Begins suit is cool or not.

OK...enough blabbing....LOL
IM003102.jpg

IM003101.jpg

Sculpting with water clay......and this is really from the beginning
stages....All lines still need to be made crisp and angled properly not to mention here I was no where near getting the bat right for the emblem area.

I'm hoping to bring the latex cast piece to DC to show my buddies!!!

Enjoy!

David

Looks like CRAP, David!!! Trash it and start from scratch!!!!

Hehe, just messin.....looks great!!! From what I can see...it looks just about as accurate as it can get from the pictures that have been released.

looks awesome so far, bro. by the way...are you gonna do the whole costume, or just the chest piece and cowl??? if you do more, you should get rid of the cape clasps and have the cape connect in the middle.

Well now....it wouldn't be a Begins suit without the clasps would it? hehe

Anyway, I DID notice that there's a line that seperates the top of the abs from the ribs and you ended it on the side after the 3rd rib (right before it curves straight down). I'm looking at the same picture you were and I don't see that the line ends....from what I, myself, can see...the line keeps going all the way down to the belt. Anyway...maybe you saw something I didn't, but I'm just lettin' you know what I see.

David that is vicious. I like it man.

Thanks everyone!!!
Yes....I'm making the entire suit but will only have thes chest ready by next week...I hope!!!!

Originally posted by DorkyFresh
Well now....it wouldn't be a Begins suit without the clasps would it? hehe

Anyway, I DID notice that there's a line that seperates the top of the abs from the ribs and you ended it on the side after the 3rd rib (right before it curves straight down). I'm looking at the same picture you were and I don't see that the line ends....from what I, myself, can see...the line keeps going all the way down to the belt. Anyway...maybe you saw something I didn't, but I'm just lettin' you know what I see.

Yes, you're right. These pics were taken a few days ago...since then that line if I understood what you were talking about, and I think I did...:) is already there.
Those pics are of early stages...once details started being added in.

Thanks again everyone!
I love this suit and cant wait to finish it!!

David

W O W

that's all i can say.

i can't wait to see the completed suit.

It looks really good, David. How long does it take you to finish costume sculpts?

WOW, man, can´t wait to see the finished product!

As always, David, simply amazing...I can't wait to see the final product.

It's a nice color too ;)... don't paint it :D just look at that beautiful contrast with the black plastic bag!

I like it!

Keep up the good work David!

Woah.....thanks eveyrone!!!!!

:)

I'm glad you're happy with this sneek peek...LOL

Someone asked how long a sculpt like this takes??...well it depends on how often I work on it.....

For this one I need it cast up fast...real fast and I'm much quicker at sculpting with water clay then with Oil clays...so it was started last week...and better be done by this weekend!!!
A sculpt can take months..It took me about 9 months of on and off sculpting to make the Darkness head from Legend...I have a bunch of sculpts that still need to be completed like the DKR bust.

It'll all get done, sooner or later...I wish I had a 3rd arm sometimes....(insert joke here!!!LOL)

David

I've seen alot of your work on this site and i am VERY impressed, you are a truly talented man.

Also, are you making the cowl to go with it, or just using one of your other ones?

that kicks ass...

i wish i had the school to do something like that

Amazing work. Can't wait to see the finished product. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back