Batman Begins BEGINS Costume Sculpt...My work in progress

Ok, this looks great DAVID. Your sculpt has really increased my interest in the BB suit. I may even go so far as to say that i now like the BB suit more since viewing your sculpt.

Would you be so kind as to discribe the entire process you go through to create such a masterpiece because i have an interest in knowing have these suits are put together...

By the way, will you be able to wear this when its finished?....

Thanks once again bros'!

I am documenting ALL the stages of this costume as it is being made and yes, more will be shown as I get closer to completing it.

Will this be wearable??....You bet!

David

Originally posted by DAVIDYR1
Thanks once again bros'!

I am documenting ALL the stages of this costume as it is being made and yes, more will be shown as I get closer to completing it.

Will this be wearable??....You bet!

David

It's not heavy at all?

When do we see the nect pics?....

Do you need an apprentice, someone to fetch the coffee...

Ok let's see....

Will it be flexible ? Yes...not like the movie one but pretty flexible still.

Is it heavy? Right now, yes...it's a clay sculpture. The finished piece will weigh 5-8 lbs.

Next pics?...I dont know, once I'm comfortable showing it all I guess..:)

Do I need someone to get me coffee??...No I need an apprentice. Basically I need a SideKick....a Robin....uhh, actually I need 3 of them but you get the idea. :)

David

DAVID, could you do me a favor regarding this suit?

Paint it dark grey with a black emblem, a black cowl, a black cape, black gloves, and black boots.

I CAN DREAM :up:.

That's not a bad idea arachnid-kid. We would be able to see the contrast between the movie BB suit and David's. :)

Originally posted by arachnid-kid
DAVID, could you do me a favor regarding this suit?

Paint it dark grey with a black emblem, a black cowl, a black cape, black gloves, and black boots.

I CAN DREAM :up:.

Not only will I do one like that but I plan to do a grey bluish/black version too....comic book style....

I really love the Begins suit and will really enjoy working it with all these different possibilities.

Thanks for all the support folks! It's quite humbling.
:)

David

Originally posted by DAVIDYR1
Not only will I do one like that but I plan to do a grey bluish/black version too....comic book style....

You rule :up:.

Also, let me add a big thanks not only for yeveryones support but also to those who arn't really into the new suit. I appreciate that you've still chimed in to share your thoughts on the sculpt all the while not letting this get into yet 'another' thread where we get into how the suit sucks VS how cool it is!!!
Keeping it real!!!! ....and I really appreciate this from all of you!
Thanks bros'

David

Nice, David, very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Very nice david!! Up to this point it is almost exactly what I saw in person!!! I give it three err two thumbs up.

I would love to find someone locally that I could apprentice with to learn how to do this. I've done a lot of theatrical make-up and I'm considered very good at it but I've never created a long lasting prosthetic like that.

Usually, it's just a quick plaster-of-paris mold and straight liquid rubber (it's late and I'm pulling a brain cramp for the name of liquid rubber!). I pour the rubber in and let it cure over the course of a few days. The finished peice is good for a little while but then it starts to shrink and harden.

I'd love to learn the proper way to do this. The right molding materials and the proper way to creat a foam rubber appliance.

David.. my respect for what you do is immeasurable.

you know what would really be a cool project David(dont take this suggestion seriously)is if you tweaked the Begins suit and made it into a Robin suit so we could get an idea of what the Robin suit might look like if he shows up in a sequel.(by tweaked,i mean instead of the bat symbol,add an R to the left pec and make a face mask instead of a cowl, paint it red and green,add the Forever cape,and maybe make a different belt)

that would be interesting to see(but like i said,dont take this suggestion seriously,its just an idea i just had)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"