Batman Begins BEGINS Costume Sculpt...My work in progress

Hey David, if possible can you design your suit without clasps, or will you have them on? I'm just curious about how it would look.

sage1047 said:
Hey David, if possible can you design your suit without clasps, or will you have them on? I'm just curious about how it would look.

Most likely better. ;)

Don't shoot me, but I happen to like the clasps. I don't think it deters from the suit.

Yeah, the clasps don't stand out to me and don't bother me anymore. But it would be nice to see the suit without them.

You got a point, I would also like to see a pic of all the suits David has made over the years, what his favorites are? and if he made any original ones...

Absoulutly awesome David. Best work yet, looks just like it. Continue the excellent work :)

I've heard the claps are used to ensure the cape can completely engulf Batman's frontside. They dont bother me any.

The cape clasps, cape clips dont really bother me anymore. Sure that first EW pic really freaked me out...they looked like a dress shirt collar but now....they sort of fit in with the whole look of this costume. Not bulky and rather subtle...I am fine with them.

Had they not been in B&R...it would be easier for most to accept them but let's face it....they really arnt that bad now. Hey, it's not like it has nipples or anything like that....LOL!!

Again, I really appreciate the kind words. Trust me, I'd love to make a suit for everyone but that just isnt possible. This is my personal costume and it will be my tribute to the film. I'm pleased with everything about this movie so far....the car, the actors...the suit......c'mon...Bale is Batman!!!!

The new suit IMO rocks!!!!!! I hope to do it justice!!!!

David

RockStarAxl said:
I just **** my pants. Wow that's amazing!!!!!

Thank you...that's quite the compliment!
I hope you have a set of clean undies to change into...LOL...

David

DAVIDYR1 said:
Trust me, I'd love to make a suit for everyone but that just isnt possible.

not with that attitude it aint. :p

The clasps aren't bad, but they are a symptom of the way the cape is done, which isn't as comic-like as it could be. And, they could be a little subtler, as it is they're big chunky triangles. But at least they aren't little bat-symbols.

What I wouldn't mind seeing it ONE clasp, small and black, in the centre below his neck, from which both sides of the cape would hang and fasten together. That would be comic-style and very logical.

Something like this toy (I've got one too, it's nifty)... you can see a round thing in the centre that looks like a clasp:

review_c3chem_6.jpg

lujho said:
The clasps aren't bad, but they are a symptom of the way the cape is done, which isn't as comic-like as it could be. And, they could be a little subtler, as it is they're big chunky triangles. But at least they aren't little bat-symbols.

What I wouldn't mind seeing it ONE clasp, small and black, in the centre below his neck, from which both sides of the cape would hang and fasten together. That would be comic-style and very logical.

Something like this toy (I've got one too, it's nifty)... you can see a round thing in the centre that looks like a clasp:

review_c3chem_6.jpg

The bat-logo on the chest could be the clasp too... :)

No, keep it simple, I think. I don't want the symbol to be attached to the cape in any way. The cape should obscure the symbol when it's allowed to hang down in front.

Of course, for most action scenes, the cape would be flippped behind his shoulders, and the symbol would be clearly visible

David, you cease to impress me.

Are you making the costume exactly like the Batman Begins suit, or are you adding some of your own "enhancements?"

Nice work mate!! :up::up::up:

Oh crap, I used the word "cease" in wrong context. I meant to say, "David, you never stop impressing me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"