Greatest American Hero greenlit by ABC (garbage)

Can we fix the title for this thread, as it seems to be the actual thread for the show now. A bit... biased if you will.

Can we fix the title for this thread, as it seems to be the actual thread for the show now. A bit... biased if you will.

How about, Greatest American Hero greenlit by ABC (garbage?)

With talk of the GAH being an Indian, hope it isn't the actress who played Mindy in the Mindy Project.

She has good comedic timing as the straight man so I wonder how funny this will be.

It didn't occur to me she would be avaliable after New Girl ended its run. Good choice.

Well, now I'm interested. Love Hannah Simone.

As iffy as the concept is (I was not a particularly ardent fan of the original) it's a good casting decision.

I would imagine, just due to the fact that this doesn't appear to be a straight-forward remake with some new younger guy playing Katt's role, that the door is open for some sort of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ending at some point down the line.

yeah it feels like more like the aliens who gave Ralph the suit back in the 80s came back to Earth and gave the girl the 'suit' to me if that is what it is, then I am so on board, plus I bet Hannah will look good in said suit ;).

I would imagine, just due to the fact that this doesn't appear to be a straight-forward remake with some new younger guy playing Katt's role, that the door is open for some sort of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ending at some point down the line.

Well if it is a straight-forward remake the "new younger guy" would be Hannah Simone's character.

Wow. ABC is just cleaning house before they even get any furniture in.

Midseason, perhaps? That's how the original series started.

Apparently, Hannah Simone was none too thrilled by today's news, and is encouraging her base to get ABC to reconsider: https://twitter.com/HannahSimone/status/995087308717092870

We just found out that network tv isn't ready for the first brown female superhero on tv. The Greatest American Hero won't be on @ABCNetwork this fall.. and our hearts are broken. This would have been history making and so empowering for young girls around the world. Get loud RT

She does make a point. Other than Black Lightning and Luke Cage, how many other superhero series have a non-Caucasian lead?

Just when you think the networks are ready to move forward they knock out or back a bunch of shows. This and Wayward Sisters were two female-led series that had good potential and they are cutting them off before even trying to air them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"