Bennett and Petrelli with Regeneration?

Mrh7448

I am not a Side Kick
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread about this so thought I'd throw this up and see what people thought.

I'm starting to wonder if Bennett and Nathan will end up with Regeneration. I thought about this when "Adam" used his blood to heal Nathan and it came back when Mohinder used Claire's to heal Bennett.

Bennett was shot in the head, figure he was probably dead and yet Claire's blood allowed him to regenerate which puts me into mind that their regeneration acts as a virus taking over their own cells and replacing them with ones that will be able to constantly regenerate.

Just a thought.

As I said in the episode thread last week, when the healing blood that they were given dies off, hence why the body continually makes more blood, they would no longer have the regenerative abilities. This was even shown before when Nathan cut his hand when he punched the mirror in a previous ep.

As I said in the episode thread last week, when the healing blood that they were given dies off, hence why the body continually makes more blood, they would no longer have the regenerative abilities. This was even shown before when Nathan cut his hand when he punched the mirror in a previous ep.

Well that's the thing, the transplanted blood will never die, as it is self-healing. However, over time, it will be excreted in different ways (bleeding, hemorrhaging), and smaller amounts will be left. Donor blood doesn't reproduce.

My guess is that they will have enhanced healing for a while, but that will trickle away after a while.

Well that's the thing, the transplanted blood will never die, as it is self-healing. However, over time, it will be excreted in different ways (bleeding, hemorrhaging), and smaller amounts will be left. Donor blood doesn't reproduce.

My guess is that they will have enhanced healing for a while, but that will trickle away after a while.

Well that's the thing. This isn't your normal blood is it? The cells apparently regenerate themselves, it seems to me like it would act like a virus reproducing itself, but then again I'm no biologist.

Granted for story purposes they probably wouldn't want everyone to end up with regeneration.

biologically speaking i'm guessing that their bodies' white blood cells looked at adam's/clair's blood as antigens (foreign substances) and eventually killed them off.

Well that's the thing. This isn't your normal blood is it? The cells apparently regenerate themselves, it seems to me like it would act like a virus reproducing itself, but then again I'm no biologist.

Granted for story purposes they probably wouldn't want everyone to end up with regeneration.

But blood cells cannot reproduce. In this case, they can heal, but not reproduce. If we were talking bone marrow transplant with a viable donor, I can understand.

end of argument: the powers are non transferable (permanently atleast).

yes, the blood is regenerating... but we know, that a good shot to the head, will kill even a person with regeneration powers. So the blood may be useful in the short term... but I think in the long run, for someone to assume the power, they must have the proper brain chemistry to allow the power to work, and therefore can't be passed on permanently to a normal person (or hero without healing abilities)

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that the blood is self-healing. Claire's severed toe didn't regrow anything. I would think that if the blood (or any part of a healer's body) is separated from contact with the brain for a long time, it will lose its curative properties.

Or, it could be that Adam and Claire heal not because their cells themselves are self-healing, but because their body (or brain) continually produces a substance that causes them to heal. The blood would contain this substance, but a transfusion would contain only a limited amount, and it would run out after awhile.

Or Pete's blood heals because he has healing powers so that means blood along with it.

I don't think Peter's blood can automatically heal like Claire's and Adam's as others have stated.

Parkman can at first read thoughts with effort. Now he can project them and even make people do what he wants with mind control.

Pete can copy Parkman's powers and read thoughts with effort. Now he can project them and if he did it on someone else, maybe he can mind control.

Claire can heal. Now her blood can heal others.

You see where I am going with this? Like his mom said, "You've got the potential to be the most powerful of all of us." -ish... haven't seen that exchange in awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"