Best Comic-book movie of 2010?

Yall are crazy in here

Why b/c you enjoyed IM2 and I didn't? Yeah qualifies me for Bellevue.

BTW, I can't comment on the other movies b/c I have yet to see them. I've only seen the disappointing IM2. That was the most anticipated movie 2010 for me l (even more than Inception and Tron Legacy). So you can imagine how I felt after the end credits rolled opening weekend. Shame. And I was hoping to be proven wrong that the IM character and stories would have more juice in him than just the origin story. Oh well.

No, because all of 2010's comic movies were enjoyable, something that has lacked in the past couple of years. Has some in 2010 been better than others in 2010? Yes, but you all are trying to make it sound like a horrible year for comic movies.

Btw, Iron Man 2 > Inception > Tron Legacy

No, because all of 2010's comic movies were enjoyable, something that has lacked in the past couple of years. Has some in 2010 been better than others in 2010? Yes, but you all are trying to make it sound like a horrible year for comic movies.
You thought Jonah Hex was enjoyable...?

...Well I guess that answers my question.

I kid, I kid. :woot:

[YT]fwoqs08uVT8?[/YT]

Seriously though, TL was okay. But Inception blew IM2 out of the water. That movie was everything both IM movies weren't and I'm not trying to knock IM 1, b/c I enjoyed that movie as well.

I wanted to like IM2 b/c of the first one and the talent (or should I say wasted talent) involved in IM2. It just came off like a movie that five year olds will enjoy a lot more than the adults, imo. B/c my nephews can't get enough of it.

Last edited:
You thought Jonah Hex was enjoyable...?
I never read the comic and I hate Megan Fox, but I still found it entertaining. Go figure.
...Well I guess that answers my question.

I kid, I kid. :woot:
I'm not knocking Inception or Tron Legacy, but Iron Man 2 was just better than them all around.
[YT]fwoqs08uVT8?[/YT]

Seriously though, TL was okay. But Inception blew IM2 out of the water. That movie was everything both IM movies weren't and I'm not trying to knock IM 1, b/c I enjoyed that movie as well.

I wanted to like IM2 b/c of the first one and the talent (or should I say wasted talent) involved in IM2. It just came off like a movie that five year olds will enjoy a lot more than the adults, imo. B/c my nephews can't get enough of it.
And Inception just felt like an overrated movie that actually happened to be good, but nothing special.

I must have got a different copy as the IM1 blu-ray says 126 mins and the IM2 one says 119 mins, so sorry I was a minute out.

I wonder why the overseas version would be shorter? :huh:

Favreau also said that IM1 would be a 90 minute action movie but changed this considerably during production, probably saw the movie needed more breathing space, so why he didnt see it with IM2 (or wasnt allowed too) I dont know.

Also, funnily enough, I thought Rhodey's sub plot should also have been given more time and definately a bit more explanation also.

Yeah who knows why they didn't want IM2 to be longer. If they knew they were going to be adding in all those subplots, then they should've made it longer or just taken some out *cough*War Machine*cough*

Oh well, but for sure this was better than that campy ass Scott Pilgrim movie, the terrible Jonah Hex and the generic Red and Losers movies.

IM2 felt like F4 ROTSS to the first IM in comparsion. IMO, at least. I cannot bring myself to look at IM2 again. It's that weak. Favreau should've backed out on IM2 because of the short deadline. But I guess he thought he could pull a Raimi on Spidey 2.

Both Favraeu and Raimi (on Spidey 3) didn't learn from this if the studio won't give you enough breathing space to do what you want. Then walk away. It'll save you and the fans from a lot of disappointment. IMO.

Nonsense, IM2 and FF ROTSS shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

IM2's production was the same amount they had for IM1.

Apart from some unneeded subplots and characters, this movie was hardly a disappointment.

Iron Man 2 was one of the most underwhelming movies of the year.

I wonder why the overseas version would be shorter? :huh:

Not sure, but I believe some censorships are different here than the US, so maybe they just cut short scene's out or they listed the running time wrong.

Yeah who knows why they didn't want IM2 to be longer. If they knew they were going to be adding in all those subplots, then they should've made it longer or just taken some out *cough*War Machine*cough*

I think we all knew WM was coming so they had to include him, why they couldnt make the movie at least Hulk or Spiderman 3 length if they didnt want to be as long as TDK i'll just never know, it really brings the movie down.

Oh well, but for sure this was better than that campy ass Scott Pilgrim movie, the terrible Jonah Hex and the generic Red and Losers movies.

JH was terrible, but I found The Losers to be really enjoyable, and Scott Pilgrim, while not a movie for everyone, was for me as enjoyable as IM2. Kick-ass was just better than them all though for me, never saw Red.

JH was terrible, but I found The Losers to be really enjoyable, and Scott Pilgrim, while not a movie for everyone, was for me as enjoyable as IM2. Kick-ass was just better than them all though for me, never saw Red.

Losers was so stupid. I loved it :up:
Scott Pilgrim was awesome.
IM2 was great (saw it four times)
But I still say Kick-ass is the best of last year.

I heard Favs. was gonna give us a 30 minute extended cut....is this as true as SM3.1 and TIH's 70+ minute cut?:csad:

Marvel might do it when it gets released on tv.

I'm watching Iron Man 1 right now on the FX channel and there's a bunch of deleted scenes that have been added.

Hopefully they do that to TIH when they show it.

I'm watching Iron Man 1 right now on the FX channel and there's a bunch of deleted scenes that have been added.

Wtf I missed it :cmad:

Is it just the same deleted scenes or, new stuff? I know IM1 still had some cut footage.

I remember they did this with the first FF movie when it came on TV, wonder what all that is about?

Kick Ass, easily.
Chloe Grace Moretz did one of the best comic character interpretations with Hit-Girl.

Kick Ass, easily.
Chloe Grace Moretz did one of the best comic character interpretations with Hit-Girl.

Kick Ass, easily.

I remember they did this with the first FF movie when it came on TV, wonder what all that is about?

Sometimes, when a movie comes on tv, the extended version runs. For example, the HP movie on abc family.

If only they did that for spider-man 3 :o

Kick Ass, easily.

Not going to argue there, Moretz absolutely nailed Hit-Girl, she was spot on to a tee!

Sometimes, when a movie comes on tv, the extended version runs. For example, the HP movie on abc family.

If only they did that for spider-man 3 :o

If only they would just bring out the extended version of Spidey 3. But yeah, I do find it perculiar that sometimes when on TV some movies get the deleted scene's put back in.

If only they would just bring out the extended version of Spidey 3. But yeah, I do find it perculiar that sometimes when on TV some movies get the deleted scene's put back in.

Maybe they'll bring out SM3.1 when the reboot hits...ya never know.

But agreed. Why some of them don't get put on dvd, I'll never find out.

Maybe they'll bring out SM3.1 when the reboot hits...ya never know.

But agreed. Why some of them don't get put on dvd, I'll never find out.

Hopefully when the re-boot hits we will get full blu-ray releases of all the movie with extra's on all of them and hopefully Spiderman 3.1 as well, because I aint re-buying the current versions of Spidey 1 and 2 on BD.

Nonsense, IM2 and FF ROTSS shouldn't even be used in the same sentence.

IM2's production was the same amount they had for IM1.

Apart from some unneeded subplots and characters, this movie was hardly a disappointment.

In your opinion it wasn't. I bet you take anything Marvel Studios throw at you. And oh yeah. TIH wasn't that great either. It was decent nothing else.

Looking at the final and messy results of IM2 proved my point that maybe IM can't carry his own franchise. Favreau should've talked the studio into waiting one more year. So what if Cap. and Thor will get delayed one more year. If the studio won't play ball. Then screw them and leave. That would've proved to me that he had a lot more respect for the character. Instead of rushing the movie so Cap., Thor, and The Avengers movie would come out on time or sooner. That's sad b/c Favreau will be remembered (imo) for leaving IM on a sour note. And not with a bang like the first film. He goes down with the studio for being part of the reason why IM2 was such a mess, imo. And why I don't give a crap about IM3.

The choice of director (if interesting and better than Favreau) will get my interest in the third film. Right now I could care less about IM3. Bring on Cap. and Thor.

Last edited:
Hopefully when the re-boot hits we will get full blu-ray releases of all the movie with extra's on all of them and hopefully Spiderman 3.1 as well, because I aint re-buying the current versions of Spidey 1 and 2 on BD.

I would be down for another repurchase of SM3. :up:

yeah, that's the only reasons I only have SM3 on bluray...screw no special features. :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"