Best Comic Book movie of the summer?

^That is interesting, especially as not many people seemed to see KA2 based on the BO numbers.

But yeah, this is another example of how wrong the critics were with those two movies. They have been way off too many times this summer for me, and I normally agree with them on the majority of movies.

^That is interesting, especially as not many people seemed to see KA2 based on the BO numbers.

But yeah, this is another example of how wrong the critics were with those two movies. They have been way off too many times this summer for me, and I normally agree with them on the majority of movies.

What do you mean they were wrong? :huh:

I don't think critics were wrong with those two. I haven't seen Kick-Ass 2 yet but I will someday. But the critics were right with Man of Steel. Its obviously liked by the general audience because of the action.

Alot of people like those two flicks and disagreed with the low critic rating.

Oh yes. But that doesn't mean they ere wrong necessarily. I mean, are they right only when people like what they like?

I don't think critics were wrong with those two. I haven't seen Kick-Ass 2 yet but I will someday. But the critics were right with Man of Steel. Its obviously liked by the general audience because of the action.

:doh: At least watch a movie before you say the critics were right.

I know alot of people who loved MOS for reasons other then action. I have my problems with it as well. But it had a strong reception from alot of fans and audiences.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Most people really liked KA2, besides critics everything is usually positive. Worst thing I've seen said alot is it's not as good as the first but still good.
Oh yes. But that doesn't mean they ere wrong necessarily. I mean, are they right only when people like what they like?

Can't be wrong about an opinion, but a majority of viewers opinions against critics def shows for something. Kick-Ass 2 and Man Of Steel got A- and B+ Cinema scores, much better then their RT critic scores. Who should you listen to as a viewer when it comes to seeing a film? The audience a film is made for or critics? If you liked a film someone said sucked you would probably say they were wrong.

I disagreed with a heck of alot of critics opinions on KA2, as did a majority of audiences. So Yeah Im gonna say they judged it unfairly and were way too harsh on it.

Last edited:
I know alot of people who loved MOS for reasons other then action. I have my problems with it as well. But it had a strong reception from alot of fans and audiences.

And yet I've seen from sites and even in this site, that the lukewarm word of mouth and the critical response of the movie caused the movie to collapse after the big opening weekend.

LOL. Obviously, for some people thats the case! When I happened to like a movie that the critics didn't like or if it got a RT rating lower than 60%, I usually don't say "the critics got it wrong" "don't listen to the critics".

Last edited:
And yet I've seen from sites and even in this site, that the lukewarm word of mouth and the critical response of the movie caused the movie to collapse after the big opening weekend.

Yeah, third highest grossing movie of the year domestic and fifth WW for a non sequel. Really did horrible compared to the other blockbusters of the summer haha.

I didn't say that. Even a film grossed more than 1 billion, it doesn't mean the critical response from the audience is automatically positive. With Man of Steel, I feel like response for that movie is mixed. X3 even got a B+ audience consensus in X3 in Yahoo Movies before but that didn't stop the press/sites to say that people weren't that pleased with that movie.

LOL. Obviously, for some people thats the case! When I happened to like a movie that the critics didn't like or if it got a RT rating lower than 60%, I usually don't say "the critics got it wrong" "don't listen to the critics".

No you just say critics are not wrong without even seeing a film. You wanna debate if they were right about KA2? Go see the film and debate it in the KA2 thread. You have no argument otherwise.
I didn't say that. Even a film grossed more than 1 billion, it doesn't mean the critical response from the audience is automatically positive. With Man of Steel, I feel like response for that movie is mixed. X3 even got a B+ audience consensus in X3 in Yahoo Movies before but that didn't stop the press/sites to say that people weren't that pleased with that movie.

I've seen more positive from MOS. So what if the press says that. I've seen you argue that the GA likes X3 more then a few times so I have no idea where your going with this. You wanna discredit sites and cinemascores feel right ahead. I've argued this bs enough with you in other threads.

I've seen more positive from MOS. So what if the press says that. I've seen you argue that the GA likes X3 more then a few times so I have no idea where your going with this. You wanna discredit sites and cinemascores feel right ahead. I've argued this bs enough with you in other threads.

I've said that the GA didn't hate X3 but I never said the that film was received very well. It just wasn't Hated by the GA like some posters here said before. And you were using Yahoo Movies as an evidence that MOS was really well-liked and a lot of superhero films are well-liked in that site including X3.

And you keep arguing with this bs with me, because you keep replying on my posts. Something tells me that you do it just for the sake of it.

The critics were well of with both KA2 (honestly, go see it, its a good sequel) and MOS. I dont think MOS was liked just because of its action either. It had some really good character scene's for me, and it got characters like Superman, Lois, Perry, Ma Kent and Jor-El pretty damn spot on.

I thought the story was emotional at the right points as well. Many people say the action was a little too much in MOS and I am inclined to agree. So no, I dont think people liked MOS just because of the action.

So, looks like we will have no clear winner for CBM of 2013 until after Thor 2 comes out, MOS and The Wolverine are neck and neck for the summer CBM's.

Man Of Steel easy. The wolverine was so boring I couldn't make it through the movie. I quit halfway through.

Nope. TW has come back again and its all even, I dont think there is going to be any clear winner, it doesnt seem that way anyway.

Once Thor 2 is out I will do a best CBM movie of 2013 poll and we will see what wins then. All the others should be out on BD by then, with the exception of KA2 maybe, which I still believe should have gotten more votes.

Personally I consider MOS the best this year so far, so for me it does deserve to win, but it hasnt anyway, its still neck and neck between it and The Wolverine.

Where's the Lone Ranger?:nono:

I rank 'em,

The Wolverine
Iron Man 3
The Lone Ranger
Man Of Steel

And as I've said before,Star Trek Into Darkness was my favorite of the summer.I'd agree with the consensus that there really wasn't a breakout favorite among CB movies this year.Each was lacking in some way or other,but they were all enjoyable to some extent.

Yep, at the moment its looking like it'll be the winner until Thor 2 comes out, i'm surprised, MOS looked it was going to run away with it near the beginning.

What do you mean by the beginning?

Well a lot of people thought MOS was gonna be the best CBM of the summer 2013 and The Wolverine as the worst. But for me, I expected the opposite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"