Best Film Villain of the 2000s?

I've only seen the first Saw, I was always pissed that they took a really interesting character and concept and did not even use it to its full potential...instead they decided to make a gorefest...because we all know those are sooo rare these days :whatever:

I agree with you. There could have been some terrific stories to tell, but instead they focus on the gory traps. The first saw was wonderful, but after that the series went to ****.
I gotta good villain to add to the list: Bill Nighy as both Viktor in Underworld and Davy Jones in PoC

1) Joker (The Dark Knight)
2) Bill The Butcher (Gangs Of New York)
3) Col. Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds)
4) Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men)
5) Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) / Alonzo Harris (Training Day)

Edit

Last edited:
Oh, the usuals: Joker, Landa, Chigurgh.

Daniel Plainview, whilst not really a villain, is certainly evil and scary, so deserves a mention.

The Na'vi
Joker
Voldemort
The Penguin from Batman Returns
Ra's Al Ghul

I agree with you. There could have been some terrific stories to tell, but instead they focus on the gory traps. The first saw was wonderful, but after that the series went to ****.
I gotta good villain to add to the list: Bill Nighy as both Viktor in Underworld and Davy Jones in PoC
Viktor is a heartless, evil bastard everytime he is on screen once you find out what he really is like, you just hate his freaking guts. He then acts like he did nothing wrong, especially about Sonja

as a Star Wars fans and as far as a act of a true villian, I think Palpatine has to take this one. Say what you will about the prequels(and belive me i have heard just about everything you can) Who else can claim to learn all from a master then kill him. Trick a entire galaxy into think ing your a innocent old man behind the scene, while removing and killing rivals in the process and gain ultimate power. Then engulf the galaxy in a war that kills millions and end it all with killing a entire group that reprsents good in the galaxy which paves the way for a empire that rules by fear.

I liked Joker alot in Dark KNight, but Palpatine I think out does him with his actions.

Also Chigurh was awesome and after watching the movie I walked home in silence and expected him to show up behind me with a cattle gun.

Bill the Butcher however would be my favorite as he is a complex villain and daniel Day Lewis really plaed him well.

as a Star Wars fans and as far as a act of a true villian, I think Palpatine has to take this one. Say what you will about the prequels(and belive me i have heard just about everything you can) Who else can claim to learn all from a master then kill him. Trick a entire galaxy into think ing your a innocent old man behind the scene, while removing and killing rivals in the process and gain ultimate power. Then engulf the galaxy in a war that kills millions and end it all with killing a entire group that reprsents good in the galaxy which paves the way for a empire that rules by fear.

I liked Joker alot in Dark KNight, but Palpatine I think out does him with his actions.

Also Chigurh was awesome and after watching the movie I walked home in silence and expected him to show up behind me with a cattle gun.

Bill the Butcher however would be my favorite as he is a complex villain and daniel Day Lewis really plaed him well.
I was just thinking this as i clicked the link, Palpatine should be on this list

The Joker
Chigurh
The Chairman (from Paprika)
Landa
The Puppeteer (from Ghost in the Shell, Solid State Society)
Samara (from The Ring)
Su-Yeon (from A Tale of Two Sisters)
Kagutaba (from The Curse)
EDIT: Forgot to add Bellatrix, particularly in Harry Potter 7a...poor, poor Dobby.

Last edited:
Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter films. I just re-watched the 5th movie and I have never wanted to stab a middle-aged woman so much in my life. Horrible creature

I can't agree with Palpatine as being one of the best. Yeah he ****ed **** up in Star Wars land but he's still a chode in my eyes...at least due to the prequels...which is the only version you can use in this thread since it's for the 2000's.

Besides Hans Landa Colonel Quaritch was a film villain of the last ten years that I really enjoyed watching.

1. Sarumon - LOTR
2. Joker - TDK
3. Hans Landa - Inglorius Basterds

1. Heath as The Joker
2. Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort
3. Ian McKellen as Magneto
4. The villains of The Lord of the Rings (I don’t really want LotR to take up 3 spots, and I can’t choose between Sauron, Saruman, and Gollum, so I’m cheating it.)
5. Bill Nighy as Davy Jones
6. Ian McDiarmid as Emperor Palpatine
7. Sergi Lopez as Capt. Vidal (Pan's Labyrinth)
8. Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix)
9. Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh
10. Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd

This is a great list of villains . Although my list would include,
Tobin Bell as Jigsaw (Saw 1-3)

This evil mother****er...
[YT]7TXyc1BmXTE[/YT]

The mother and that guy from "Animal Kingdom" were pretty scary.
Great Film:up:.

Should also mention Mr. Baek from Lady Vengeance, though of course Lee Geum-ja totally overshadows the film. And Lee Woo-jin from Oldboy.

Last edited:
Alfred Molina as Doc Ock.

Heath Ledger as The Joker.

Syndrome from The Incredibles.

Vincent from Collateral.

That's all I can think of for now.

The Joker, Syndrome, Yellow Basterd from Sin City and while I have't seen it mentioned yet, Sergie Lopez as Captain Vidal and Pans Labyrinth

the joker
doc ock
lex luthor (but millions of people will die,Billions - replies lex,thats nasty stuff!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"