Best Film Villain of the 2000s?

A couple that have not been mentioned.
The Neighborhood Watch Alliance - Hot Fuzz
Rattlesnake Jake - Rango

My favorite has to go to Alonzo Harris from Training Day. I've never been happier when a villain bought it. Although, I will say Captain Vidal, Pan's Labrynth, and Col. Landa, Inglorious Basterds, are also played to perfection as pure, scum of the Earth.

^ Good one. I though he was great too. I hope he'll play another good villain again some day.

Last edited:
Once again Best Villain of the 2000s: :hoboj:
Or is it just best performance of the 2000s?

Best villain of the 2000s is Voldemort.

Best performance is Heath as Joker IMO.

I think this guy is one of the best screen villans of the 2000s...definitely has the best haircut anyway...

"No...no...no...no....no! You need to go now...

Do you see any Teletubbies around here? Do you see a slender plastic tag clippd to my shirt with my name printed on it?
Do you see a little Asian child with a blank expression sitting outside in a mechanical helicopter that shakes when you put quarters in it? No? Well, that's what you see at a toy store, and you're in here shopping for an infant named Jeb. One of us has made a gross error, and wasted the other person's valuable time..."

Unbreakable made the top ten list of superhero films in Time magazine that was discussed in that thread the other month, and given the amount of discussion on it in there, I would still say it was underrated. I mean, there was one poster in particular, one who usually goes into discussions on these types of things in depth, and he did not put it on his top fifeteen(i think it was) list of sh films, i mean, he did not even mention the film at all, as was if he dare not even speak it's name.... I wonder why?
Maybe not used to seeing SamLJ in the super-villan role or something? :cwink:

Last edited:
voldemort
the joker
gollum
davy jones
rattlesnake jake

in no particular order.

The Joker, for me.
But I will always have a soft spot for Syndrome and Voldemort.

Vincent-Collateral
The Joker

I'm just listings some. There's definitely more.

chigurh.jpg

Anton Chigurh from 'No Country for Old Men' is the only film villain that has given me nightmares as a grown adult. I've dreamt several times this guy is chasing me down a dark alley. He's unstoppable like the Terminator and while he's flesh and blood, he has even less of a soul.

Also [BLACKOUT]he wins. No happy Hollywood ending here.[/BLACKOUT]

The most iconic were probably Joker, the Saw doll, the guy from No Country for Old Men, Voldemort, Sauron's Eye, Magneto and Davy Jones.

Not sure if i would consider Gollum a villain.

Gollum, Anton chigur, silva from skyfall, The joker, Loki, Davy Jones, Sam from trick r treat...

And George bush as played by josh Brolin :o

For me it's Voldemort, Barbossa, Nuada Silverlance, Joker/Two-Face (depends on my mood, I like them both equally), Davy Jones, Kronen in that order. I hated Cutler Beckett plenty, but he didn't have as much flare as the guys I mention. If we're going past 2010, Bane and Silva.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of the ideas here.

I'd probably have #1 The Joker and #2 Anton Chigurh.

One villain that I don't think I've seen yet is Jason Isaacs as Colonel Tavington in The Patriot. That was one villain that did his job very well. I really hated him in the movie.

1. Darth Sidious

Darth-Sidious-darth-sidious-25452229-1280-544.jpg

2. The Joker

batman-the-joker.jpg

3. Sauron

Sauron.jpg

4. Voldemort

Lordvoldemort.jpg

5. Saruman

Saruman_staff.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread