• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Best Harry Potter Film.

I feel like they are getting better with each one.

Prisoner of Azkaban and then Order of the Phoenix

loved goblet of fire.
then phoenix,
chamber,
stone,
and thought prisoner of azkaban had a great visual vocabulary the script editors took to much out, and i was still getting used to richard harris not being in the cast. so at first viewing i thought it was rubbish, but now i have found some good in it.

Order of the Phoenix is the best one, and my favourite. It streamlined the plot and took the most bloated book and turned it into a faithful very tight film.

Order of the Phoenix is actually one of the tightest plots in the series. Unlike the other books, it only has one major subplot (Ron's quidditch). The rest is connected directly to the main narrative. And while it may be the longest, that is only because there is so much description of new settings and internal dialogue from Harry. But your comments about it being bloated could not be further from the truth. It is quite possibly the most streamlined plot in the series.

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Goblet of Fire

The first two stank, so I won't even bother ranking them. They belong in this discussion as much as Diamonds Are Forever belongs in a discussion about the best Sean Connery Bond film.

Of note, Order of the Phoenix is the only one of the five I consider to be better than the book.

Order of the Phoenix is actually one of the tightest plots in the series. Unlike the other books, it only has one major subplot (Ron's quidditch). The rest is connected directly to the main narrative. And while it may be the longest, that is only because there is so much description of new settings and internal dialogue from Harry. But your comments about it being bloated could not be further from the truth. It is quite possibly the most streamlined plot in the series.

Completely agree.

Completely agree.

Too many people just look at the length and assume it is impossible to faithfully adapt. They disregard the fact that the book is the only one without multiple (3 +) simultaneous subplots.

Too many people just look at the length and assume it is impossible to faithfully adapt. They disregard the fact that the book is the only one without multiple (3 +) simultaneous subplots.

the running time wasn't the problem. but if they would've added 5 more minutes to put: Lily in Snape's remember, a more emotional conversation between Dumbledore and Harry and some more hints about the prophecy, the movie would have been perfect.

the running time wasn't the problem. but if they would've added 5 more minutes to put: Lily in Snape's remember, a more emotional conversation between Dumbledore and Harry and some more hints about the prophecy, the movie would have been perfect.

Lily isn't in the memory? Didn't they cast a girl to play her though?

Also, how is Dumbledore and Harry's conversation? I find Gambon is often too mean to be Dumbledore...does he keep up the gruff act or actually show some empathy?

Lily isn't in the memory? Didn't they cast a girl to play her though?

Also, how is Dumbledore and Harry's conversation? I find Gambon is often too mean to be Dumbledore...does he keep up the gruff act or actually show some empathy?

he is fine this time, but the problem wasn't Gambon, it was the script or the edition. The conversation was too short and unemotional.

I hated the 3rd one and I love the 4th and 5th. I think that the 1st and 2nd were very well done but easily my least favorite. The flaws that the 5th had are minor and the really big one was the convo between harry and dumbledore, but what are you gonna do, hopefully we get a directors cut. I voted 5.

I hated the 3rd one and I love the 4th and 5th. I think that the 1st and 2nd were very well done but easily my least favorite. The flaws that the 5th had are minor and the really big one was the convo between harry and dumbledore, but what are you gonna do, hopefully we get a directors cut. I voted 5.

but when? I'm still waiting a directors cut of, at least, the first three movies.

but when? I'm still waiting a directors cut of, at least, the first three movies.

Apparently 40 minutes of the 5th were cut it in the offical thread for the movie.

he is fine this time, but the problem wasn't Gambon, it was the script or the edition. The conversation was too short and unemotional.

I sort of feel bad for Gambon in that regard. Radcliffe doesn't do emotion well, so it must've been entirely on his shoulders. I just wish he'd read the books in order to better understand it.

I sort of feel bad for Gambon in that regard. Radcliffe doesn't do emotion well, so it must've been entirely on his shoulders. I just wish he'd read the books in order to better understand it.

Radcliffe has improved greatly.

I like Goblet of Fire the best.

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Prisoner of Azkaban

Everyone loves PoA but it's definitley my least favorite.

The Goblet of fire and the Prisoner Of Azkaban were the best but voted for the goblet of fire....the fifth movie was the worst, but did have one great scene

Prisoner of Azkaban is the best (both book and movie), followed by Order of the Phoenix.

Prisoner of Azkaban has to be my favorite.
I loved the latest two, but POA is one of my favorite films ever.

For me the films improve each time so,

OotP - 9/10
GOF - 8/10
POA - 8/10
CoS - 7/10
PS - 6/10

I've only seen the newest one. And I hated it. It drug on and on and on.

I like Goblet of Fire the best.

1. Goblet of Fire
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Sorcerer's Stone
5. Prisoner of Azkaban

Everyone loves PoA but it's definitley my least favorite.

i'm right there with you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"