Best Harry Potter Movie?

Secret_Riddle

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is not a thread like this:). sorry if there is.

Anyway, some of you may not like Harry Potter but any movie fan will give them credit for being good movies. I love them. They are my favourite books and I am always first in line for the movies.

Which Harry potter movie is your favourite?

1. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
A great origin story. It feels exactly like the books but is a little bit too childish to be considered the best. Got to love the two faces scene though.

2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
This is my second favourite Harry potter movie as it is relatively dark and is very faithful to the book. I also prefered the way Hogwarts looked in this as opposed to the third and fourth one. The basilisk was amazing and made the movie for me.

3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
I know this will probably win because a lot of people like it but I think Alfonso Cauron experimented a bit to much with his own vision and it ended up hurting the Potter feel and over all is probably more on par with the quality of the first one (not bad just not my favourite). I'm not so sure about the new Hogwarts layout. I also didnt like the direction Williams took the music in.

4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
In my opinion this is the best Potter movie. (Beats chamber of secrets by a hair) The directing is tight and Hogwarts looks like a mix between the dark and macabre Hogwarts of the third one and the more faithful to the books Hogwarts of Chamber of Secrets. I also like how Newell used more vibrant blues in this movie as opposed to the third one which always appeared to be grey and dreary, he sort of merged the feels of the first two and the third. Voldemort was great too. My one complaint however is that the music is not the best...Nicholas Hooper who is scoring movie 5 should stick with John Williams original themes in my opinion instead of making all new material like Patrick Doyle did for number 4.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Can't wait for Order of the Phoenix. :D

I prefer Goblet--then again, it is my favorite book so far, so I might be kinda biased.

haha Goblets more popular then i expected. I love it too. It didnt really get anything wrong:D

Goblet had everthing. Great beggining. Great level of teen angst. Great climax. Great cliff hanger. My vote gets Goblet of fire easily.

in this order:

1 Prisoner of Azkeban
2 Goblet of Fire
3 Philosopher's Stone
4 Chamber of Secrets

up until last week I'd have said Goblet of Fire was my fave, but I saw it again recently and it really didn't hold up very well on a third viewing. I'd have to say Prisoner of Azkeban is consistently much better.

I feel the franchise has gotten better with each film, so Goblet of Fire. Dunno if there's been another franchise to do that already 4 deep. Hopefully 5 extends the streak.

Prisoner of Azkaban.

Visually, the film is stunning. Exactly what I always imagined a Potter movie to look like. Had some beautiful camera shots and to me, is by far the best looking movie out of the seres. It's probably the worst adapted, but yet I love the movie due to the style, the craft and the direction.

5 looks like it could be the best. And yah i agree i cant think of many franchises that have gotten better after two movies. Usually third and fourth movies are terrible.

OtepApe said:
Prisoner of Azkaban.

Visually, the film is stunning. Exactly what I always imagined a Potter movie to look like. Had some beautiful camera shots and to me, is by far the best looking movie out of the seres. It's probably the worst adapted, but yet I love the movie due to the style, the craft and the direction.

I really love the beginning and the end (the whole shrieking shack, werewolf, dementor ending). It was well directed too ill give it that, and i loved the wide angled shots. I often felt like a lot of stuff was unneccesarily cut though so i noticed it more while watching the movie. In number four they cut stuff that wasnt as important to the plot so it flowed better i think.

Prisoner of Azkaban.

Had I not seen this twice yesterday, I'd probably choose Chamber of Secrets. I only meant to watch the first few scenes, but I couldn't turn it off as I was drawn into it. The cinematography is beautiful. I hate the shrunken head, Dan's crying scene, the skinny werewolf and the lack of faithfulness to the book, but apart from those, everything seem to flow in together smoothly, unlike Goblet. The score is my favourite out of the four and the direction is perfect, very artsy. Gambon is more Dumbledore here than in Goblet. There is tons of Snape, so that plays a part in making it my favourite in the series. I agree, it's the worst adapted, but as a movie, it's perfect. It's a pity it doesn't swing both ways, for lack of a better term.

Goblet of Fire. But Im guess that whan the 7th movie comes out that will be the end all be all of the Potter movies.

PowersOfMind said:
Goblet of Fire. But Im guess that whan the 7th movie comes out that will be the end all be all of the Potter movies.

well yah because there will only be 7 books to make movies from.:oldrazz:

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Prisoner of Azkaban.

Had I not seen this twice yesterday, I'd probably choose Chamber of Secrets. I only meant to watch the first few scenes, but I couldn't turn it off as I was drawn into it. The cinematography is beautiful. I hate the shrunken head, Dan's crying scene, the skinny werewolf and the lack of faithfulness to the book, but apart from those, everything seem to flow in together smoothly, unlike Goblet. The score is my favourite out of the four and the direction is perfect, very artsy. Gambon is more Dumbledore here than in Goblet. There is tons of Snape, so that plays a part in making it my favourite in the series. I agree, it's the worst adapted, but as a movie, it's perfect. It's a pity it doesn't swing both ways, for lack of a better term.

very good points :D

I always loved the first one, the third one I really like because it was real dark. And the fourth one was very strong I thought.

Goblet of Fire is my favorite followed by Chamber of Secrets, then Prisoner of Azkaban, and Philosophers Stone being last.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.

All great movies, but POA was my favorite.
Goblet of Fire, IMO, didn't become the ultimate shizniz until Voldemort got his full body and went wild on Potter. It was one of my favorite scenes of all-time.

Warhammer said:
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone.

All great movies, but POA was my favorite.
Goblet of Fire, IMO, didn't become the ultimate shizniz until Voldemort got his full body and went wild on Potter. It was one of my favorite scenes of all-time.

i think that may be the best scene in all of the potter movies :D

Secret_Riddle said:
i think that may be the best scene in all of the potter movies :D

Seconded. :up: :up:
Goblet comes on tonight on HBO and I am going to blast the volume when that scene comes on.

Warhammer said:
Seconded. :up: :up:
Goblet comes on tonight on HBO and I am going to blast the volume when that scene comes on.

Lmfao it played twice on November 18 (the one year anniversary of its release) on the movie network. It was pretty sick:ninja:

Goblet for me, but that's only until I see Order of the Phoenix. :)

I liked Prisoner of Azkaban, but I felt the ending was somewhat anti-climatic. Goblet of Fire gets my top pick.

I feel its too close to call between Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire. They both had evenly kool battle scenes (voldemort, Basilisk). The snake gave a real freaky feeling, but four was probably better all around. I feel 3 was messed up. too many flaws, Jamaican shrunken head on the Knight Bus, how the director messed up the layout of the Hogwarts grounds (wtf's with that bridge thing?) and i didnt find lupin as a werewolf really gave the same freaky feeling that the basilisk did in the second. 1 was really good too. I vote for four.

yah you know what im going to say that goblet of fire is the better movie. you guys are reminding me of a lot of the stuff i missed :D I still do think chamber is a better movie then prisoner of azkaban though:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"