Best Harry Potter Movie?

I also like how dobby and winky's part was cut out and compensated for quite nicely. They only cut out stuff that I found irratating which was great (Hermoine making the hats for the house elves). Tasks were done perfectly.

Seeing as I have only read "The Philosopher's Stone" and I have only seen "Sorcerer's Stone" and "Goblet of Fire"...I have to say Goblet.

To me, it DID have everything, as another poster said above. The Voldemort vs. Potter scene was beyond teriffic, and Ralph Fiennes is just kickass anyways. (Watch "Schindler's List".)

I'm highly awaiting "Order of the Phoenix" for 2 reasons: 1)I've become a bit of a fan of the books and films now, and the OotP trailer makes it look much darker (the way I like most of my films) and 2) I'm awaiting a certain fate of Dumbledore...

CAH

C.A.H. said:
Seeing as I have only read "The Philosopher's Stone" and I have only seen "Sorcerer's Stone" and "Goblet of Fire"...I have to say Goblet.

To me, it DID have everything, as another poster said above. The Voldemort vs. Potter scene was beyond teriffic, and Ralph Fiennes is just kickass anyways. (Watch "Schindler's List".)

I'm highly awaiting "Order of the Phoenix" for 2 reasons: 1)I've become a bit of a fan of the books and films now, and the OotP trailer makes it look much darker (the way I like most of my films) and 2) I'm awaiting a certain fate of Dumbledore...

CAH

you shoud see the other 2 movies. theyr'e great:D.

and yah order of the phoenix is a much darker book but to see dumbeldores fate you'll have to wait until movie 6 im afraid :ninja: but in order of the phoenix there is another major character who meets their doom.

yah dude, the second movie is really great too. Spare your eyes the unpleasantness of watching the third movie though.

Third movies not bad. imo its really good I just dont like it as much as 2 or 4.

the_trooper said:
I also like how dobby and winky's part was cut out and compensated for quite nicely. They only cut out stuff that I found irratating which was great (Hermoine making the hats for the house elves). Tasks were done perfectly.

yah im glad they cut those parts too.

azkaban was the best book and i think it was reflected on screen

Prisoner of Azkaban for me. Goblet of Fire was great. Maybe even better than POA, but it was a bit too...bleak for me. POA seemed to have a better mix of drama and lightheartedness.

I think POF was the best book, but to me Goblet of Fire was the best movie.

Goblet of Fire was the best book and movie imo:up:

the_trooper said:
I feel its too close to call between Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire. They both had evenly kool battle scenes (voldemort, Basilisk). The snake gave a real freaky feeling, but four was probably better all around. I feel 3 was messed up. too many flaws, Jamaican shrunken head on the Knight Bus, how the director messed up the layout of the Hogwarts grounds (wtf's with that bridge thing?) and i didnt find lupin as a werewolf really gave the same freaky feeling that the basilisk did in the second. 1 was really good too. I vote for four.
He actually fixed the layout of Hogwarts. Columbus was the one who messed it up to start with.

Well i mean it all depends what layout you like better. The columbus layout is by the book. The Cauron layout takes more liberties and is a bit more realistic. I prefer the Columbus layout but i can understand how lots of people like the Cauron layout. In the books Hagrids hut isnt on a hill and there is no wooden bridge.

Secret_Riddle said:
Well i mean it all depends what layout you like better. The columbus layout is by the book. The Cauron layout takes more liberties and is a bit more realistic. I prefer the Columbus layout but i can understand how lots of people like the Cauron layout. In the books Hagrids hut isnt on a hill and there is no wooden bridge.
No, Cuaron actually fixed the layout, making it closer to the book especially Hargid's hut and the location the womping willow. Watch the special features on the DVD, they talk about it.

ill check it out but the book never mentions a bridge and a hill down to hagrids. unless they spoke with rowling to get a better description.

Prisoner of Azkaban, although Goblet of Fire was immensely entertaining as well. The first two films stunk.

I voted for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

the third one, i actually cared for the characters in it.

I was listening to commentaries on the third one last night and it sort of sounded like Cauron was sometimes split on rather to go with his vision or stick with what Columbus had established. It seems he stuck more with his vision though.

You're making it sound like it's a bad thing. If I'm not mistaken, Rowling made Alfonso and the crew a quick drawing of the map, showing where's what in her world, that she did in just a few minutes, so I think the layout in the movie is, as they say, just right and makes perfect sense, unlike the first two. If you ask me, the Whomping Willow being that near to the school in the second movie doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as it was where Lupin had to go to get to where he could isolate himself from other people due to his werewolf persona. Surely help would've arrived sooner for Snape when he was tricked into going inside the tree and almost getting killed by a fully grown werewolf if the tree was instead stationed just barely outside of the school rather than where it is in the books, like far, far away from the school in an isolated area where students don't frequent?

Mr Lex Luthor said:
You're making it sound like it's a bad thing. If I'm not mistaken, Rowling made Alfonso and the crew a quick drawing of the map, showing where's what in her world, that she did in just a few minutes, so I think the layout in the movie is, as they say, just right and makes perfect sense, unlike the first two. If you ask me, the Whomping Willow being that near to the school in the second movie doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as it was where Lupin had to go to get to where he could isolate himself from other people due to his werewolf persona. Surely help would've arrived sooner for Snape when he was tricked into going inside the tree and almost getting killed by a fully grown werewolf if the tree was instead stationed just barely outside of the school rather than where it is in the books, like far, far away from the school in an isolated area where students don't frequent?

i didnt mean to make it seem like a bad thing. I like the third movies layout just as much as the first 2 movies layouts. And yah your right for the third movie they did recieve a map saying where everything was so its all correct but Alfonso cauron decided what geographical features would be present such as a hill going down to Hagrids hut. It was shot in glencoe, Scotland for that reason, they wanted the grounds to look much more artistic and less bland like in the first two. the whomping willow was much better located in the third movie. it looked better too, in the second movie it was like a machine.

Lighthouse said:
I liked Prisoner of Azkaban, but I felt the ending was somewhat anti-climatic.
I felt the same way. Honestly its my least favorite, but still good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"