Best Trilogy Movie Poll.

The original Star Wars trilogy. They are 3 of my favorite movies of all time.

The original star wars trilogy is the best there is.

its impact on cinema aside, they are a great set of films starting with the simple story of a farmboy becoming a hero, to the brilliant empire strikes back which shows us how sequels should be made. To return of the jedi which though to most the most flawed of the trilogy, brings a satisfying conclusion. Doesn't get better than that. Just on film making standards alone, it's the best.

Why do the recent cgi fests not top it in my mind? because of the writing mainly. I can't really remember any stand out lines from lotr except "give me the precious!"

While almost every line in star wars 4-6 is memorable and perfectly acted by the cast. My favorite scene of the whole thing is the end when Vader goads his son into battle. "Ah, a sister... so you have a twin sister. Obi-wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps she will..." "NEVER!"

Then woo hahhhh luke pwns him.

Star Wars, hands down
And there are a few choices up there that aren't gonna stay trilogies for much longer

Pirates of the Caribbean!

Shipwreck Cove or bust! ~just don't break the Code, else Keith Richards will shoot ya :cwink: ~

Star Wars OT is the next best. Return of the Jedi is my favorite from that particular lineup.

Lord of the Rings

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Spider-Man

Back to the Future

I would also include the Vengeance Trilogy.

All of these trilogies aren't even on the same level as Star Wars, LOTR, Godfather or Indiana Jones. :huh:

Easily Back to the Future.

More watchable than any other trilogy. Like ever.

It makes like fifty billion references to star wars for goodness sakes... bttf's good but if you can make heads or tails of what the heck kind of ending that was for the franchise, you're better than me.

isn't back to the future one of like the only true trilogies on that list?

ya know, a film that essentially tells the same story over a period three whole films, rather than two or three separate stories over the course of 3 movies (most of the time, the first film is made without any idea of whether a sequel is ever going to be produced or not).

lotr is like the only other one i can think of that is on that list.

the rest tell two/three separate stories of a bunch of characters which have little or no effect on the course of the other films.

star wars original trilogy, then star wars prequels, then Lord of the rings, then matrix, then spider-man

LOTR is the best movie trilogy ever made IMO. Even above Star Wars.
POTC
Indy
Spiderman
Star Wars(Original trilogy)

I do like Star Wars, and I am huge X-men fan, but X3 was bad.
But triloge wise Pirates I liked every film and found nothing wrong with them.

But most of those listed I like.

LOTR tops.

I'd probably say...

1. LOTR

2. Star Wars (4,5,6)

3. Pirates

4. Indiana Jones

and just to make it a top 5 list, Spider-Man. :o

Back to the Future. It is literally the only PERFECT trilogy I can think of.

at last count there were 5 american pie movies...

but yeh...

1. Bttf
2. SW ot
3. Indy
4. Die Hard
5. X-men

Lord of the Rings beats Star Wars for me, just because Return of the King was an improvement over the Two Towers, while with Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back was the pinnacle of the series, and Return of the Jedi did not really surpass it.

^Bingo! Ewoks beating the Empire? Miss me with that *****!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"