Best Marvel trilogy ?

Thor's Ultimate Trilogy

MV5BMjMyNDkzMzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcxODg5MjI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BMjMxNjY2MDU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY1MTUwNTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTc5MDE2ODcwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2NzQ2NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I know i'm bending the rules here but still it's my 2 cents on the subject.
To me this trilogy perfectly incapsulate Thor's journey. There's a through line for the character in these 3 movies.

Ragnarok
- Loses his father, Mjolnir, his eye and Asgard.
- Discovers the power within.
- Beginning of Loki's redemption.
- Thor learns that Asgard isn't really a place but where his people stand.
- Thor is crowned king of the remaining asgardians.
- Thanos ominously appears before Thor and his people.

Infinity War
- Thanos kills half of the remaining asgardians including Loki and Heimdall.
- Loki's redemption is complete.
- Thor wants revenge for the death of his people, family and friends.
- Realizes that his innate power isn't enough and decides to create a weapon capable of taking out Thanos.
- Makes new friends which help him in his mission while he's still processing everything that happened.
- Triumphantly arrives on Earth, turns the tide of the battle, manages to mortally wound Thanos but Thor's hubris takes the better of him.
- Thanos, while barely alive, is able to use the Gauntlet and kill half of the population in the universe.

End Game
- Thor can't really process properly everything that just happened.
- They find Thanos and in an act of pure rage and desperation Thor takes him out in a pointless act of revenge.
- The remaining asgardians have relocated to Earth.
- Thor is now in a deep state of depression by witnessing and not being able to cope with an unsurmountable amount of loss and guilt.
- His friends manage to pull him from the brink by giving his existence a purpose.
- Thor manages to meet his mother and get some well deserved and very important time with someone he loves.
- He's now ready to rebuild himself back up again and play a part in a team effort.
- A scarred but still very much worthy Thor faces ghosts from the past in a final confrontation with Thanos.
- King Thor abdicates the throne in order to forge his own path and not something he was destined to do.

3 movies that follows the overarching theme of others great trilogies. 2 first strong showings capped with a third movie that never reaches the highs of what was established previously.

Thor's Ultimate Trilogy

MV5BMjMyNDkzMzI1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcxODg5MjI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BMjMxNjY2MDU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY1MTUwNTM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
MV5BMTc5MDE2ODcwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI2NzQ2NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

To me this trilogy perfectly incapsulate Thor's journey. There's a through line for the character in these 3 movies.

Ragnarok

Infinity War
- Realizes that his innate power isn't enough and decides to create a weapon capable of taking out Thanos.
- Makes new friends which help him in his mission while he's still processing everything that happened.
- Triumphantly arrives on Earth, turns the tide of the battle, manages to mortally wound Thanos but Thor's hubris takes the better of him.
- Thanos, while barely alive, is able to use the Gauntlet and kill half of the population in the universe.

End Game
- They find Thanos and in an act of pure rage and desperation Thor takes him out in a pointless act of revenge.
- Thor is now in a deep state of depression by witnessing and not being able to cope with an unsurmountable amount of loss and guilt.
- His friends manage to pull him from the brink by giving his existence a purpose.
- Thor manages to meet his mother and get some well deserved and very important time with someone he loves.
- He's now ready to rebuild himself back up again and play a part in a team effort.
- A scarred but still very much worthy Thor faces ghosts from the past in a final confrontation with Thanos.
- King Thor abdicates the throne in order to forge his own path and not something he was destined to do.

3 movies that follows the overarching theme of others great trilogies. 2 first strong showings capped with a third movie that never reaches the highs of what was established previously.

LOL. You's is a cheater.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great 3 movies though for 1 of my 2 favorite Marvel characters (Having read Norse mythology from age 9 or so, I can't quite decide between him and Dr Strange)
Great choices. ;)

tumblr_p9vxo4KELt1xvafv4o1_540.gif

Thor's Ultimate Trilogy

Ragnarok

Infinity War

End Game

Interesting. It is certainly arguable that Thor undergoes more meaningful character development in Ragnarok and Endgame than in all his previous films ( I always felt that his change of heart in "Thor" was very forced).

Cap Trilogy is not only my favorite Marvel Trilogy but CBM Trilogy.

Cap Trilogy is not only my favorite Marvel Trilogy but CBM Trilogy.

For my fav CBM, I'd have to go with Nolan's Batman. Absolutely LOVED BB. Really liked TDK a whole lot and it sort of fell off some in TDKR. Not a good trend.

CA, on the other hand, came on really strong in the last 2 movies (and I liked the first one). A much better trend.

After rethinking, it's a lot closer than I thought....hmmmmmm.....

I think in the end for me it comes down to the actual character and his relationships. I like the TDKT. But personally, even after the story, action, etc., the Cap with Peggy, Bucky, Falcon, Natasha, Tony even the Steve talking to Wanda in CW interactions is why I like it better. Johnson and the Russos not only made Cap likeable despite him being a "goody goody" but also one of the best heroes in the genre.

Thor's Ultimate Trilogy

Ragnarok

Infinity War

End Game

It's a great arc over three films. The only thing missing is that Thor wasn't really given his full due in the Endgame climax.

It's a great arc over three films. The only thing missing is that Thor wasn't really given his full due in the Endgame climax.

Agreed, but HammerDown's is a sneaky cheater...gollum....he might even be a Bagginses.

Voted for the Iron Man trilogy.
Cap has the most entertaining 3, but they don't feel like they tell his complete story.
Iron Man 1-3 feels like a complete 3 part piece. We're introduced to Tony as a carefree narcissist, have him start to build and rely on a suit of armour, then end with a more cautious man that learns to not have to lean so much on his protheses. They're all about Tony's relationship with his armour.
To boot, I don't think there's a real stinker in the bunch.
Iron Man 1 is widely agreed to be a solid film.
Iron Man 2 has its faults, but it's got a lot going for it. It's the closest we get to Demon in a bottle, introduces War Machine and Black Widow, and feels like a natural progression from the first film. The villains, while under utilised are some of the best in phase 1. If anything, it just needed more of them.
Not everyone is into Iron Man 3, but I would argue it's actually the best of the bunch. Having Tony interact with regular people is a great bit that humanizes him. The Ptsd from the rising theats becomes a huge part of his development from this point moving forward. It has the best and most creative action scenes of the trilogy, and it was nice to see him fight bad guys that weren't in mech suits. Trevor worked for me.

Thor's Ultimate Trilogy

I can see it . Bonus for the posters even looking like they belong together.

Voted for the Iron Man trilogy.
Cap has the most entertaining 3, but they don't feel like they tell his complete story.
Iron Man 1-3 feels like a complete 3 part piece. We're introduced to Tony as a carefree narcissist, have him start to build and rely on a suit of armour, then end with a more cautious man that learns to not have to lean so much on his protheses. They're all about Tony's relationship with his armour.
To boot, I don't think there's a real stinker in the bunch.
Iron Man 1 is widely agreed to be a solid film.
Iron Man 2 has its faults, but it's got a lot going for it. It's the closest we get to Demon in a bottle, introduces War Machine and Black Widow, and feels like a natural progression from the first film. The villains, while under utilised are some of the best in phase 1. If anything, it just needed more of them.
Not everyone is into Iron Man 3, but I would argue it's actually the best of the bunch. Having Tony interact with regular people is a great bit that humanizes him. The Ptsd from the rising theats becomes a huge part of his development from this point moving forward. It has the best and most creative action scenes of the trilogy, and it was nice to see him fight bad guys that weren't in mech suits. Trevor worked for me.

I can see it . Bonus for the posters even looking like they belong together.

Interesting. The way I see it CA and IM follow similar paths (you know.....the same old Marvel method that everyone is obviously so jealous about).

Steve starts out as the skinny kid who will....even if he really can't. Through his dogged determination, he becomes CA, is intentionally handicapped at first, but breaks away (again through his force of will) and becomes an honest to god hero. He's given a second chance (the man out of time) and confronts his past in Bucky and Peggy. In TWS we see the core of who he is in spite of challenges that could have taken a real toll on a lesser person. This continues in CW where both he and IM take different paths. In essence, he's confronting his present, but always remains the decent, honest man.

Neither his nor Tony's arc is really complete until A:EG.

And, I was just joking about the similar storylines. There, for sure, are some similarities, but the 2 stories are very different.

I'd forgotten about the "Thor" trilogy. I laugh every time I see HammerDown's take on that.

my top favorite marvel Trilogy's
#1 the Avengers
#2 Captain American
#3 iron man
#4 spider -man Tobey Maguire
#5 thor trilogy even thou i don't have third one yet!
#6 x-men the original
#7 x-men younger version

my top favorite marvel Trilogy's
#1 the Avengers
#2 Captain American
#3 iron man
#4 spider -man Tobey Maguire
#5 thor trilogy even thou i don't have third one yet!
#6 x-men the original
#7 x-men younger version

Avengers....hmmmm.....interesting. I hadn't considered that. I was focused more on individuals. Probably because those were the choices given and I need an upgrade in the creativity department. HammerDown has definitely got a big edge on me there....you evidently do too. :argh:

Interesting. The way I see it CA and IM follow similar paths (you know.....the same old Marvel method that everyone is obviously so jealous about).

Steve starts out as the skinny kid who will....even if he really can't. Through his dogged determination, he becomes CA, is intentionally handicapped at first, but breaks away (again through his force of will) and becomes an honest to god hero. He's given a second chance (the man out of time) and confronts his past in Bucky and Peggy. In TWS we see the core of who he is in spite of challenges that could have taken a real toll on a lesser person. This continues in CW where both he and IM take different paths. In essence, he's confronting his present, but always remains the decent, honest man.

Neither his nor Tony's arc is really complete until A:EG.

And, I was just joking about the similar storylines. There, for sure, are some similarities, but the 2 stories are very different..

While I'd say Iron man's trilogy is about his relationship with his armour, ('Why he built it- IM1' 'Who owns it- IM2' 'Who he is without it- IM3') Caps trilogy is about his relationship with Bucky ('Who's Bucky- CATFA', 'What happened to Bucky- CATWS', 'What are we gonna do about Bucky- CACW')
Only CATFA isn't really about Bucky, because they didn't know that was going to be such a large focus of the sequels. Cap has to question what he's fighting for and who he's fighting against, but he never really changes.
Civil War doesn't feel like and ending to me, because it ends with Cap on the run, sending a "no hard feelings" note to tony and about to break out a bunch of people from a high security prison. It feels like a big cliff hanger.
IM3 ends with Tony Blowing up his suits, getting his chest apparatus surgically removed, and throwing it off the cliff where his house used to be, then driving off into the Sunset.
Sure he builds more suits afterwards- he relapses, the film establishes he has a problem. But for the time being, it feels like an end to the character. If they just retired Iron Man right there, It would've been a better send off than most characters get.
I prefer the Captain America movies, I just think the Iron Man ones have a slight edge in feeling complete as a trilogy. More coherent theme, clearer character arc, more solid ending.

While I'd say Iron man's trilogy is about his relationship with his armour, ('Why he built it- IM1' 'Who owns it- IM2' 'Who he is without it- IM3') Caps trilogy is about his relationship with Bucky ('Who's Bucky- CATFA', 'What happened to Bucky- CATWS', 'What are we gonna do about Bucky- CACW')
Only CATFA isn't really about Bucky, because they didn't know that was going to be such a large focus of the sequels. Cap has to question what he's fighting for and who he's fighting against, but he never really changes.
Civil War doesn't feel like and ending to me, because it ends with Cap on the run, sending a "no hard feelings" note to tony and about to break out a bunch of people from a high security prison. It feels like a big cliff hanger.
IM3 ends with Tony Blowing up his suits, getting his chest apparatus surgically removed, and throwing it off the cliff where his house used to be, then driving off into the Sunset.
Sure he builds more suits afterwards- he relapses, the film establishes he has a problem. But for the time being, it feels like an end to the character. If they just retired Iron Man right there, It would've been a better send off than most characters get.
I prefer the Captain America movies, I just think the Iron Man ones have a slight edge in feeling complete as a trilogy. More coherent theme, clearer character arc, more solid ending.

IF you ended it right there, yeah, for sure, there's more closure (although I wouldn't have liked that ending). I was thinking more along the lines of the best trilogy and felt that, truly, we needed IW and EG to complete their arcs. Who knows, we could get them back at some point. I don't think as main characters and we probably won't, but I could see a Secret Wars scenario where they pop back in.

On overall quality, I'd say Captain America has the best trilogy. In terms of completion of character arcs within their trilogies, I'd say Iron Man has a more self-contained, finished story arc for his trilogy.

I still also count Marvels Howard the duck & I also count ghost rider the hulk moves & the hell boys movies as marvel movies. shoot i recently brought Jennifer garner Electra. I also would count the fanatic four movies! even the 2015 reboot!! i know lot of people didn't liked it but i enjoyed it. i also count 2004 the original fanatic four both movies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"