Best MCU Villain Thus far (Main Villains Only)?

1. Loki
2. Thanos
3. Hela

1. Thanos
2. Killmonger
3. Hela
4. Vulture
5. Loki
6. Ego
7. The Red Skull
8. The Winter Soldier
9. Mysterio
10. Zemo

Top 3

1. THANOS: head an shoulders above the rest but he also has the most build up and was essentially the main character of Infinity War.

2. HELA : for a one shot villain she combines menace, dark humour and charm more than any other villain. She's scary but also awesome at the same time.

3. ZEMO: compelling because he's just a guy with a plan, and he's so committed that he's not just willing to die, but dying is actually part of his plan.

Thanos, Loki, Ultron, and Zemo.
The rest are just forgettable.

1- Kingpin
2- Loki
3- Winter Soldier

Honest question for everyone putting Winter Soldier on their lists: why do you consider him a villain? Not trying to start an argument, I'm just legitimately curious. Because if Bucky is a villain in TWS, then you might as well also call Hawkeye a villain when he was under Loki's control in Avengers. I'd even go so far as to say that Nebula has been shown to be more villainous in the MCU than Winter Soldier (at least from GOTG 1, a little bit in Vol. 2 and her 2014 self in Endgame) and she's never brought up as much as he is in MCU villain conversations.

Honest question for everyone putting Winter Soldier on their lists: why do you consider him a villain? Not trying to start an argument, I'm just legitimately curious. Because if Bucky is a villain in TWS, then you might as well also call Hawkeye a villain when he was under Loki's control in Avengers. I'd even go so far as to say that Nebula has been shown to be more villainous in the MCU than Winter Soldier (at least from GOTG 1, a little bit in Vol. 2 and her 2014 self in Endgame) and she's never brought up as much as he is in MCU villain conversations.

I agree. Alexander Pierce is clearly the main villain of TWS even though he isn't the one throwing down with Cap and Friends.

Bucky is the main physical threat but he's ultimately just an unwilling tool of Pierce.

I mean, that is pretty much exactly why people call him a villain: because he's the one the hero fights. Which is more than a little incorrect. Same thing with Blonsky in TIH and arguably Ghost in Ant-Man 2.

Thanos was the best hands down. Shame they killed him.
Loki - has had the most development and up until Thanos was developed in IFW & EG was in the #1 spot. He had clear depth, and motivation, and desire to rule over people and be loved. Looking forward to seeing what the do with Alternate Loki.
Alexander Pierce - He amassed power in the shadows and used that power to influence how the world responded to issues. He was so well protected that even the good guys weren't sure about him until the end.

Zemo - Articulate, motivated, and cunning he managed to try to get the establishment to bring itself down. F&WS is only adding to his backstory. He's a grey area though because he was responding to tragedy caused wholly by Tony Stark and the Avengers. That includes the creation of Ultron which lead to the destruction of Sokovia. He started his quest as a means to hold super powered persons accountable prior to the Accords being developed, and there's a good chance he may have even been seen as a hero by the people of Sokovia. There's a real argument to be made that in AoU Tony is the real villain albeit by accident.

1 Thanos
2 Winter Soldier
3 Loki
4 Hela
5 Killmonger

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member