Best Moments in Movies...

2001: a space odyssey

when johnathon strauss's the blue danube starts playing and we see the earth from space and the spinning spaceship, almost brings a tear to the eye.

If I would have to take a stab in the dark at everyone's favorite moment in one of my all time top films it would be....

The boulder following Indiana Jones.

The spirits coming out of the ark of the covenant.

The final lightning and watch tower sequence from BTFI.

The final escape from Jurrassic Park sequence (the main portion of the 'museum')

yup, i have seen the movie TONS of times and even though i KNOW marty makes it home, i still have white knuckles during that scene :up:

The end of B89 the slow camera take up the building to reveal gothams protector standing cape billowing in the wind and that unforgetable bell toll. sometimes i pop the dvd in just to see it, awesome.

Moses parting the red sea in the Ten Commandments

The blind man seeing for the first time in Jesus of Nazareth

The man who wouldn’t let go giving CPR to that woman who willingly drown herself in the abyss

"Charlton Heston" finding out that of the planet apes is in fact the earth itself

Spiderman saving those people on the train in S2

Superman in grief when he lost LL and flew to turn back the time

Diamondhead enlighten most of you morons of the superhero hypes LOL

Gandalf falling through Moria battling the Balrog in LOTR The Two Towers

Nightcrawler's Whitehouse attack in X2

Luka vs. Vader at end of ROTJ

Dark Phoenix vs. Xavier in X3

The Sixth Sense twist

T-Rex catches Raptor in its mouth to save the day.

-Jurassic Park finale

:D good one!

I love jurassic park.

Whatever happened to original thought in movies? Spielberg needs to revolutionize cinema again.

I'd say in the past 10 years only a few movies have had really groundbreaking moments to be honest.

1.Neo bends and dodges bullets in the matrix.
2.Spider-man fights Doc Ock on an elevated train.
3.Obi Wan and Anakin face off against each other.
4.Jack Sparrow arrives in Port Royal
5.You Shall Not Pass- Fellowship of the ring.

I seriously think those are the only moments that rival all the ouus and ahhs of films like Raiders of the lost ark, the empire strikes back, and Jurassic Park.

This scene may be controversial, but it still creeps me out to this very day.

The birthday home video in the film 'Signs' and the alien walking across the screen.

I think a large part of that has to do with the hard work Shyamalan must have put into making that home video seem authentic, just like any other ordinary home video that you probably have or see with your family and then have that 'world'/that 'view' twisted and completely turned on it's head is really unsettling.

Imo, our first glance of aliens may be something as natural and as random as a home video tape and catching it by accident.

The opening scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark
"I am your father"
Jake Lamotta vs Sugar Ray
"I'm Batman"
Ezekiel 25:17
"Roads...where we're going, we don't need roads"
The first appearance of the T-Rex in Jurassic Park

And my personal favorite:

ET_Moon.jpg

This scene may be controversial, but it still creeps me out to this very day.

The birthday home video in the film 'Signs' and the alien walking across the screen.

I think a large part of that has to do with the hard work Shyamalan must have put into making that home video seem authentic, just like any other ordinary home video that you probably have or see with your family and then have that 'world'/that 'view' twisted and completely turned on it's head is really unsettling.

Imo, our first glance of aliens may be something as natural and as random as a home video tape and catching it by accident.

I completely agree, it gets me every time. It's so simple too...

Any time I want to give my friends a good laugh I act like the alien walking across the screen with it's very fluid and graceful movements.

i remember me and the entire audience getting scared ****less by that scene, which is funny considering it really is JUST an alien walking past an alley. the only other scary part in that movie is when they see the dark figure on the roof at night, other then that the movie was stinky.

i remember me and the entire audience getting scared ****less by that scene, which is funny considering it really is JUST an alien walking past an alley. the only other scary part in that movie is when they see the dark figure on the roof at night, other then that the movie was stinky.
Since when do movies have an odor?

T-Rex breaks out of its Paddock-Jurassic Park
That whole scene makes me feel like I'm 7 again, watching it for the first time in the theatre.

Twist and Shout in Ferris Bueller is a pretty great moment.

Independence Day: The scene when the "attacker ships" start firing at the military base. Back in 96, that was high tech.

Vader turning on the Emperor saving Luke in Jedi

HP: OOtP...harry beating Voldemorts possesion...

Superbad...McLovin gets laid...."I got a boooooner"

One of the most touching scenes for me is in Poltergeist. It was the scene where Carrie Ann's mother is at the bottom of the stairs and she feels her daughter move through her. If you haven't seen the movie, I suggest it. But that scene gets me everytime I see it.

Another one is at the end of Saving Private Ryan, when the older Private Ryan turns to his wife and asks if he was a good man. That scene gets me to tears.

- Spider-Man 3 - "Hey Parker..."
- Transformers - "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings..."
- Live Free or Die Hard - the scene where John jumps on the plane. the coolest scene ever.

And who can't forget.....

This...is...

SPARTAAA!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back