Best Sci-fi movie of the 21st century (so far)

Yeah Star Trek really didn't have much science. Or exposition for that matter.

Moon. Definitely Moon.

I forgot about A.I. That's one of my favorite sci fi films.

In the 20th century.

^Again, like Transformers I didnt think they would get many votes so left them out, same with John Carter.

From the list, Avatar – sue me! Not on the list, Revenge of the Sith – sue me again! :D

Children of Men is good but overrated by many.

Director's Cut :p

Star Wars episodes II and III are also missing.

The Directors cut was released in 92. The Final Cut was released in 2007, but the difference between the DC and FC are minimal. But again the film was released in 82, no point having it here.

I voted for Children of Men, which is pretty much perfect, but as soon as I clicked the vote button, I remembered Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (other), which is about as good. Minority Report and Inception are really close to those two. I also love Moon, and Soderbergh's highly underrated remake of Solaris.

Other.

Oshii's Innocence.

Inception , Solaris , Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Moon , all come in second.

Wow, this poll is a fine reminder that we've had a lot of great sci-fi movies in this young century. Sci-fi's probably the genre that's continued to thrive the most, and been the most consistent. I was having a hard time choosing between Moon, Minority Report, and Inception, but then I thought of WALL▪E, and I have to go with that (which is to say, "Other"). Moon would probably be my #2. Source Code is damn good too.

Children of Men, followed closely by Moon.

It's much less cryptic than Tarkovsky's version (and there's nothing wrong with it , the whole idea behind the story is the difficulty of understanding and cohabiting with an entity we simply cant grasp , Solaris). Soderbergh choses another angle , the human relationship and the reaction to the consequences. The pacing is great , and that is what i call a very beautiful film. The framing is breathtaking during the whole time. It just fells transcendental , like the story. And Natascha McElhone never looked better !

I can't believe I forgot about WALL-E. That's gotta be near the top.

I'm gonna go with Inception but Children of Men, Moon, and District 9 are considered among the best in my list as well.

we have it under superhero movie.

Children of Men
Inception
District 9

I wouldn't classify The Road and Book of Eli as sci-fi movies.

Book of Eli is most definitely not Sci-Fi. But I vote for Star Trek 2009. Die hard Trekkie for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"