Best Villian?

Kronser

Civilian
Reaction score
there are many to choose from but my tow favourites are Goldfinger and Travelyan.

Goldfinger is the classic Bond villain. His scene with Bond on the golf course is one of the best in the franchise's history and his level of malevolonce is just incredible. He has the best Bond song named after him and also delivers the best line from any Bond villain when he tells 007, that the only thing he wants from him is that "i expect you to die"

Trevalyan(006) was a great villain for another reason. his knowledge of the 00 mind-set, procedure and weapons made him one of Bond's most threatening adversaries. He was like a mirror image of Bond, only with evil intentions.what also adds to his dynamic was that he and 007 used to be great friends and this works really well on screen. Crucially, the part was cast very well and sean bean is excellent in the role.

if i had to choose between the two i would plump for goldfinger, as he possesses all the hallmarks of a great Bond villain. While appearing to be polite, he is a cold blooded murderer. The man with the midas touch indeed. the best villain seen in the franchise, imo

any other thoughts on villains?

Kronser said:
there are many to choose from but my tow favourites are Goldfinger and Travelyan.

Goldfinger is the classic Bond villain. His scene with Bond on the golf course is one of the best in the franchise's history and his level of malevolonce is just incredible. He has the best Bond song named after him and also delivers the best line from any Bond villain when he tells 007, that the only thing he wants from him is that "i expect you to die"

Trevalyan(006) was a great villain for another reason. his knowledge of the 00 mind-set, procedure and weapons made him one of Bond's most threatening adversaries. He was like a mirror image of Bond, only with evil intentions.what also adds to his dynamic was that he and 007 used to be great friends and this works really well on screen. Crucially, the part was cast very well and sean bean is excellent in the role.

if i had to choose between the two i would plump for goldfinger, as he possesses all the hallmarks of a great Bond villain. While appearing to be polite, he is a cold blooded murderer. The man with the midas touch indeed. the best villain seen in the franchise, imo

any other thoughts on villains?

Yeah, I liked Alec for that reason also. The fact that he's had the same training as Bond really made it interesting. Here was a guy who could almost be Bonds equal. Grant in From Russia with Love is interesting too for this reason.

DAD was a travesty of a film IMO but the 1 thing I did like was Xao (post diamond explosion). Seemed like he had a lot of potential (in the classic James Bond villain vane) but then they went and killed him off in the very same film (?) WTF?!!!

Of course you have to mention the likes of Jaws , the guy with a metal claw for a hand from Live and Let Die and Oddjob; but the best villain for Bond, for me, will always be Blofeld. I wish they would bring him back as a recurring villain (as opposed to the forgettable, throwaway vilains they have used over the past few years) but I guess Austin Powers' Doctor Evil has left his mark.

Jaws was very remarquable in TSWLM and a memorable villain, but you know what happened to him in Moonraker??? I mean : he becomes a nice guy?!?!? He makes weird faces while fighting?!?!? He get kick easily by Bond and Chiles on the teleferic???? Anyway, Jaws is part of our classic villains like of course Oddjob and Goldfinger but I will vote for Max Zorin (Christopher Walken). He was really really mad about what he was doing!!! Alec Trevelyan in first place too.

I really liked Trevelyan. Had a history with Bond and all. Was really good stuff.

Does anyone agree with me to say that Kananga and Baron Samedi were freakin scary, meaning VERY good villains? I mean with the menacing Kananga who becomes crazy at the end and Baron Samedi with his psychotic laugh, they get a special place in my favorites.

Kamal Khan or Rosa Klebb

The early Blofeld, when we couldn't see his face, was probably the best villain. Alec Trevelyan was a good villain, but I don't think a Bond doppleganger should have been a scheming villain. I think it would have worked better with 006 as a henchman of an older, more mature villain, who would have been the opposite number of M.

Auric Goldfinger owns all Bond villains. He is the man as far as Bond villains go.

Defintely Goldfinger, he had the persona of a criminal genius that has been lost to cinema for decades. He also reminds me of Dr.Octopus in that they have a similar style of doing things.

batboy99 said:

here here!!

00.jpg

GIRL POWER!!
FAMKE RULZ!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"