Best way to see Thor? 2D,3D or IMAX?

one4smoke

Civilian
Reaction score
IMAX 3D, RealD 3D or 2D?

And I'm sure some will say at home on DVD. lol

I'll get back to you in mid-May because I'm one of those "all of the above" fans. Opening day I'm going regular 3D. People are raving about the 3D on IMDB saying it's the best of the conversions that they've seen. That's good enough for me. Regardless, the story trumps visuals for me.

I think it depends on the individual One. I mean with some people you have the headaches so the 3D would be out. I know a lady who gets headaches from IMAX's sound systems and concerts so that has an effect too.

Talked to some folks who saw it in 3D, said it was barely noticeable.

2-D at a midnight showing opening day, for me.

a week after opening in English, hopefully in 2D.
Then, 4 days later, dubbed in 3D
Maybe in IMAX 3D the day after.

will tell you then what was the best option

Talked to some folks who saw it in 3D, said it was barely noticeable.

I thought it was used quite well to be honest, it's definitely noticeable and not a Clash of the Titans type rip off.

Last edited:
If I personally had a choice, I'd see the 2d first THEN the 3d and THEN the IMAX 3d.
But being so far from an IMAX screen and probably only getting the 3D that's not going to happen.

The 3D adds nice depth to the dialogue scenes and some landscape shots, but people who get headaches with the glasses and whatnot won't be missing much.

2-D IMAX.

Then 3D IMAX after if I want to see the movie again.

Not risking having anything taken away by subpar or even mediocre 3D. RUINED Clash of the Titans which wasn't that good anyway, so won't be making that mistake again.

I thought he 3D was fine, good in fact.

The end credits were amazing in 3D.

I saw it in 2D and I thought the Asgard scenes would give me a massive headache in 3D. But it was fine in 3D as well, didn't add much though really.

If I have the option on open night I'm going 2D because I just don't really care about 3D anymore, but it doesn't sound like the 3D is too badly done. Besides Avatar, I've never really gotten a whole lot out of the extra D nor the extra 4 or so bucks you have to pay.

I wouldn't recommend Real 3D, but that's not saying it was 'bad'. For me, R. 3D only got me spending more, and I'm not sure whether this was exclusive to R. 3D or just the way it was filmed - but some fight scenes were hard to follow, and there was a slight blur at times.

As I said - that might not have been the R. 3D's fault, but I'm not ruling that out.

I'd definitely suggest IMAX 3D, though - just because of the fact that it's IMAX. To witness Thor on that grand a scale is truly breath-taking.

Nevertheless, 2D doesn't disappoint - and you'll feel, more or less, the same feeling of hype and excitement after your viewing.

Yeah ran into that with Tron. Went to got see the Thor trailer at the beginning of it and it wasn't on the dang movie. Good thing I wanted to see Tron. lol

[edit: feel free to delete if this is redundant with 'best way to see thor' thread

IMAX 3D
Thursday, May 5th at Midnight
AMC Loews 34th Street 14

312 W. 34th St.

New York, NY

2D. I gave 3D a try with Green Hornet (mostly against my will) and it gave me a headache and made me nauseous half the time I wore the glasses.

i saw it in 3D to try a planned conversion out. but you get weird artifacts where parts of images that were made up don't sync with the other eyes view. it's like looking at a spot the difference in crosseyed view. the more action and overlaps the worse it gets so the frost giant scenes are bad. things that are static or not moving much are better even with camera movement and the cg stuff is in true 3D so that isn't a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"