Best way to see Thor? 2D,3D or IMAX?

I'll be seeing it in 2D. I would see it on Imax, but they only show it in 3D which is some ******** and why I'm glad Nolan didn't go for 3D for TDKR.

For cost reasons, because I'll be taking my sons, I'm going 2D to start with. The last 3D movie we went to was Megamind and that ended up being 50 bucks just for the tickets.

I saw it 2D. I actually was thinking to watch it the first time in 3D but decided against that. The second viewing will probably be in 2D also.

I saw it in 3d but wished I could have seen it in 2d. I think they changing focus of 3d spoils a lot of the set details for the occaisional wow moment.

Quality is everything; I watched it in poor quality 2D (the only 2D place within 100km, that didn't include areas where your car is stolen before you finish parking).

I'll try 3D during the week, at one of our more reputable cinemas...

At least you got to see it Bren! :D lol

Saw it in 2D then 3D. I'll probably see it another time in 2D, the 3D conversion isn't bad (as in Clash of the Titans) but the sunglasses effect was a bit annoying during the desert scenes (not bright enough) and the scenes on Jottunheim (too dark).

A friend caught a late showing and said he was annoyed it was only available to see in 3D. He mostly enjoyed the movie but said the format didn't appear to add anything at all. 'Does it ever?' I jokingly asked him.

I strongly advise you all to avoid watching in 3D. There was nothing, aside from the end credits, that gave it any reason to be in 3D. The quality of the effects was definitely more Clash of the Titans than Avatar. In fact, I consider it to be the worst 3D movie I've seen to date.

Save your cash, watch it in 2D.

At least you got to see it Bren! :D lol

I'm VERY proud of myself; I somehow (still not sure how) convinced my 60+year old parents to go watch it today - In 3D - and they loved it! My Dad (who drives a bloody Porsche, loves it but always answer's "it's nice") actually called me when they were walking out, to tell me how much fun they had watching it. It actually sounds like they enjoyed it more than I did!

Which means I reckon I'm forking out R160 (around U$24) for my Wife and I to watch it in 3D tomorrow :)

I saw it in 3D and it added nothing to the experience so go with 2D or IMAX if it is 2D.

I've never seen a movie in 3D, and I will be watching Thor again. So I'll just combine the two.

I'm getting the feeling that 2D is the way to go. Is this the general consensus? I'd like to avoid the extra fees for 3D for the entire family if it isn't worth it!

2-D IMO is always the way to go.

I saw it in 2D last friday... The Embassy wasnt offering 3D. It's a posh sort old school place. :cwink:

Has anyone seen this in IMAX 3d? or any reports of the IMAX 3d being any better then regular 3d?

I am stuck with IMAX 3d as my only option....

I'd prefer IMAX 2-d . I'll probably be seeing this more than once so I'll check out both options.

i saw it in 3d and i didn't like it that much.
first off, the movie wasn't shot in 3d and there are hardly any scenes that are 3d.
then the picture is not as clear cause you're looking through glasses.

i think imax is the way to go.

I saw it in 3d but wished I could have seen it in 2d. I think they changing focus of 3d spoils a lot of the set details for the occaisional wow moment.

Exactly right and now I know for sure. Even though it will take in less box office, I say see it in 2D. It's a great film but I've checked it out in both and it actually loses something in 3D. It's darker and some scene nuances are lost. I'd rather a crisp viewing then have things jump off the screen every once in a while. It was TOO DARK in 3D and amazing in 2D. Not even a tough call after checking it out in both.

I saw it in Real-D 3D. I thought it was a pretty good conversion. Obviously, the Asgard scenes benefitted the most from it.

Seeing it later...has anyone seen the movie in both XD and IMAX 3D?

This was the first 3D movie I've ever been to, wasn't planning on it, and it was a big waste IMO. The most value I got from the whole 3D thing was actually in the trailers beforehand (The Transformers & POTC trailers really popped!) but that's where the novelty ended.

The 3D glasses made the screen much darker in an already dark theater. Forget being able to see clearly in Asgard or Jottenheim or any night scenes; I was taking them off every few minutes just to remind myself what was going on, and in many scenes it was quite unnecessary to begin with.

I'm sorry I got duped into watching this in 3D, I don't think I'll ever do 3D movies again, such a rip. Now, IMAX I've never done either; that might be the way to go for the ultimate visual experience

Now that's another thing I didn't have problems with. The darkness some people are experiencing.
I had no problems, Even the dark scenes were easy to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"