Best Zombie Movie....Ever

Cyrusbales said:
evil dead 2 is a zombie film, and is superior to evil dead one also! 28 days later is no way a zombie film, it just takes all the best bits from the living dead trilogy, and then ruins them.

You must be joking.

The deadites are not zombies. They are people possessed by evil spirits. The Evil Dead films are not zombie movies.

And 28 Days Later is a very good film. I'll take it over the rest of the horror garbage that's coming out these days.

Flexo said:
You must be joking.

The deadites are not zombies. They are people possessed by evil spirits. The Evil Dead films are not zombie movies.

And 28 Days Later is a very good film. I'll take it over the rest of the horror garbage that's coming out these days.

Zombie means re-animated corpse, which happens in evil dead 2! hence zombie movie. And 28 days later is grossly overrated(fair enuff, recent horror films do suck more than it), we have seen almost all the scenes in the living dead trilogy

Cyrusbales said:
Zombie means re-animated corpse, which happens in evil dead 2! hence zombie movie. And 28 days later is grossly overrated(fair enuff, recent horror films do suck more than it), we have seen almost all the scenes in the living dead trilogy

It's pretty much part of the definition that they are mindless, or at the very most capable of just basic, completely instinct driven reasoning. Just being undead does not mean something would be a zombie.

Leto Atrides said:
It's pretty much part of the definition that they are mindless, or at the very most capable of just basic, completely instinct driven reasoning. Just being undead does not mean something would be a zombie.

then that rules out land of the dead and day of the dead(to some extent) as zombie movies

The person doesn't have to be dead to be taken over by the spirit in the woods. In zombie movies, the victim dies and then is re-animated. In Evil Dead, victims are only possessed. They can shake the possession, or the spirit can use the human's form. Zombie victims can't revert back to humans.

Besides that, deadites can levitate and are destroyed by dismemberment. (Zombies will continue to live until the brain is destroyed.)

Flexo said:
The person doesn't have to be dead to be taken over by the spirit in the woods. In zombie movies, the victim dies and then is re-animated. In Evil Dead, victims are only possessed. They can shake the possession, or the spirit can use the human's form. Zombie victims can't revert back to humans.

Besides that, deadites can levitate and are destroyed by dismemberment. (Zombies will continue to live until the brain is destroyed.)

in evil dead 2, the woman is brought back from the dead, and the 'zombie gene' is passed via the bite! And if you dismember a zombie enuff, it is rendered dead.

Cyrusbales said:
in evil dead 2, the woman is brought back from the dead, and the 'zombie gene' is passed via the bite! And if you dismember a zombie enuff, it is rendered dead.

No, the person dies from the bite. They are then re-animated. Also, it is shown in Day and Land that the zombie lives until the brain is destroyed.

In Evil Dead, Ed doesn't die when the axe cleaves his head in two.

Flexo said:
No, the person dies from the bite. They are then re-animated. Also, it is shown in Day and Land that the zombie lives until the brain is destroyed.

In Evil Dead, Ed doesn't die when the axe cleaves his head in two.

the notion of zombie is not an exact sciene tho, different films change the rules slightly, Raimi classes Evil dead as a zombie film, as do many fans, so why not class it as one? But once again, WHY IS BRAINDEAD NOT HERE?

Shaun of the dead and 28 days later.

I've never been able to properly get into Dawn of the dead

I want to. But I can't. :(

Cyrusbales said:
then that rules out land of the dead and day of the dead(to some extent) as zombie movies

There's still a big difference between Bub and Deadites is all I'm saying.

Cyrusbales said:
the notion of zombie is not an exact sciene tho, different films change the rules slightly, Raimi classes Evil dead as a zombie film, as do many fans, so why not class it as one? But once again, WHY IS BRAINDEAD NOT HERE?

That's a bit of a cop out.

The deadites really don't have much in common with zombies. And if you are to include deadites as zombies, then you might as well call The Exorcist a zombie movie.

Flexo said:
The deadites really don't have much in common with zombies. And if you are to include deadites as zombies, then you might as well call The Exorcist a zombie movie.
I am in total agreement!......

Agreed --- I love the Evil Dead trilogy as much as anyone, but they ain't zombie movies.

Aaaand as far as that is concerned... I always had a fondness for Return of the Living Dead. The Tarman is just the most kickass zombie ever shown on film. ;)

Technically, they're not really zombies in "28 Days Later," but I guess the whole generalization of Infected and killing people goes in that genre. XD

How the hell is a crappy film like Shaun of the Dead winning this poll?

^ loved the remake, I've seen it with my friends like 15 times
But I still vote Night of the living Dead Original as the best, got it for free off of Google Video, Its now on my Ipod lol :)

The remake of Night of the Living Dead with Tony Todd is about is good an effort as I've seen.

Did you hear about "NOTLD 3d" coming out this year,
It seems they've gone and ****ed it up... big time!
Ben is WHITE!!!!

zanos said:
How the hell is a crappy film like Shaun of the Dead winning this poll?

Because Shaun of the Dead was funny, witty, and still treated the genre with respect. George Romero loved it for a reason...that reason is because it kicks serious ass.

WTFimVENOM said:
Did you hear about "NOTLD 3d" coming out this year,
It seems they've gone and ****ed it up... big time!
Ben is WHITE!!!!

I don't see that as being that much of a big deal. NotLD was notable for
not making a big deal out of having a black actor. They just picked him because they liked him for the part. It's a race-neutral role for the most part. You can find some racial undertones if you want, but they're not integral to the film.

Leto Atrides said:
I don't see that as being that much of a big deal. NotLD was notable for
not making a big deal out of having a black actor. They just picked him because they liked him for the part. It's a race-neutral role for the most part. You can find some racial undertones if you want, but they're not integral to the film.
Ok... if that didn't get you then how about this:
The story is almost completely different, with the only similarity being the characters names and the house, and the famous "The're coming to get you Barbera" line is delivered by way of TEXT MESSAGE
And its in 3d
LAME!

WTFimVENOM said:
Ok... if that didn't get you then how about this:
The story is almost completely different, with the only similarity being the characters names and the house, and the famous "The're coming to get you Barbera" line is delivered by way of TEXT MESSAGE
And its in 3d
LAME!

Okay, yeah, I'm with you then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"