Smallville BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

For anyone who got the fifth issue of Season 11: the back, like the other issues, had a little extra, this time focusing a bit on the Batsuit. One aspect I kinda dug in the original ideas was the idea of giving the ears on the cowl an actual bat ear look. I think that would've made it more on its own and badass.

Can we have some pics?

Can we have some pics?

We'll see. I would have to scan the page somehow w/o ruining the book.

BTW...

smallville_8_cov_02.jpg

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #8
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by CHRISCROSS and MARC DEERING
Cover by MICO SUAYAN
On sale DECEMBER 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
• The first time in print for these digital-first adventures!
• The “Detective” epic reaches its heartpounding conclusion!
• BATMAN and GREEN ARROW versus a Prankster-controlled MISTER FREEZE!
• SUPERMAN versus PRANKSTER for the fate of METROPOLIS!

BQM said the reason Clark doesn't look like Tom in the print covers is because of some legal issues. So before people start complaining again, they should keep that in mind. It's not the artists to blame here.

BQM said the reason Clark doesn't look like Tom in the print covers is because of some legal issues. So before people start complaining again, they should keep that in mind. It's not the artists to blame here.

Did he explain it furer? That odd. Why in digital but not print?

Link?

Awesome cover nonetheless.

I guess this refers to using actors likenesses on Smallville covers. Also, that cover with Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, and Nightwing is awesome. I hope Batman and Nightwing join the SV Justice League.

Would someone please posts some good pics of Supman from the latest issue?

Wow. I worshiped Welling for ten years and was bitterly disappointed by how he let us down with the finale but that is just a new low. I've lost a lot of respect for him.

What does he have to do with them not being able to use his likeness for the covers? Maybe it's something on the DC department, why would he not allow them to do it? Money? Come on. The thing I hate so bad about internet fans is their ******ed habit to jump to conclusions and search for anything they can use as an excuse to criticize everything they can possibly think of. This situation has nothing to do with actors' approval/refusal - Cat Staggs' digital covers always have Tom's likeness. How do you explain that? Tom refused to have his face on the print covers but not on the digital? Give me a break.

It's only for the print covers, who cares. Such a trivial matter.

Let's get to the important stuff, great issue this:

SRACO.png

dRSaT.png

Ytmuk.png

kJ43O.png

xnkd3h.png

cd0v1.png

9whtg.png

vxRqX.png

ueOui.png

01FuF.png

Last edited:
I didn't read this yet, but going from what images were posting here, is it me or did Superman "create" the bat-signal?

Yes it was his doing, which is why it doesn't look so perfect I guess, although it doesn't say how he did it.

There's no beam of light.

In our newest chapter of Season 11:

Green Arrow races out of Stryker's, confirming Chloe's report that not only did Superman and Batman break Manheim out of prison, but that Batman has a hovercraft that's invisible to radar: the Batwing. Ollie suggests to himself to make further investments.

Nightwing is sorry for losing Manheim, but Bruce (his mask is off, revealing that underneath he has headgear and grey makeup only on the mouth area, not the eyes) is giving a creepy smile (from Barbara's POV). Barb also points out hairline fractures all over Bruce's body before mentioning the tracking device Bats planted on Superman. Bruce jokes that Supes must like him, because he didn't throw him into space.

In the sky, Superman says he's sorry to be using extreme measures on Manheim. Manheim doesn't know anything, but Superman points out he's lying, and knows his better half will have a talk to him over this. Just then, in front of the Batwing, Manheim falls from above before Superman catches him below. Manheim spills the beans: Intergang wanted to protect themselves from the invasion (S10: Finale), Manheim decided against it but offered Joe Chill to help them. But now, Chill is off the grid, rumored to be in FBI custody. Superman grabs the tracking device and asks Batman if he catched that. The Batwing storms off, Superman takes that as a yes.

Watchtower: Chloe jokes with Ollie over getting beat up by a 19-20 year old girl, mentioning that the Wonder Twins are a call away. The talk leads to encrypted e-mails Ollie's been getting, and while there is a pattern, Chloe says he wont' like where it leads.

Daily Planet: Superman helps Lois find him in the sky by sparking his heat vision. After the talk over what he did to Manheim, Lois confirms Chill is in FBI custody. As for Toyman being a suspect, the answer is no, but Lois learns that an Oswald Loomis did try to visit Toyman dozens of times before turning away. Superman wants to talk with Batman again, and has a way into contacting him.

Leviathan: a supply ship docked in Metropolis is (an) HQ for Batman and Nightwing, where inside they are getting medical treatment. Bruce mentions his woman at Interpol liasing with the FBI, and has found Chill's location: Suicide Slums. Barb jokes about how Superman figured out who Batman was, and Bruce jokes about maybe she could be Superman's Supergirl. Barb points out how she'll hate it like she hated the name "Batgirl", as well as the fact that Superman has or had a Supergirl. The cameras pick up something and Bruce decides to head out alone, while Barb is in the Hub, when he looks outside to see what it is: the Bat-Signal.

TO BE CONTINUED

It's only for the print covers, who cares. Such a trivial matter.

Let's get to the important stuff, great issue this:

SRACO.png

dRSaT.png

Ytmuk.png

kJ43O.png

xnkd3h.png

cd0v1.png

9whtg.png

vxRqX.png

ueOui.png

01FuF.png

This art is great. The artist really captured the actors appearances in these images.

I hope Bruce evens up the playing field by uncovering Sups identity before this episode ends.

I hope Bruce evens up the playing field by uncovering Sups identity before this episode ends.

Issue 6 does state:
The Dark Knight comes to Metropolis and runs afoul of...Clark Kent?

So it must be the next part next friday. I wonder how will Batman be in conflict with Clark, going by how the solicits are saying.

like how the boat is named Leviathan(Batman Inc fans know what I'm talking about)

Jamal Igle draws Chloe like a witch, lol. I'm hoping next friday's doesn't end with a massive cliffhanger >_>

it will end.......WITH EVERYONE DYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........what?.....wrong topic.......nevermind :funny:

Has Clark flown into the sun yet to burn off the radiation?

Okay, finally had time to do this. Here we go: in our newest chapter of Season 11:

Batman arrives to where Superman's bat signal is located. Superman reveals that he knows he and Nightwing found Chill's safe house (pointing out how even he can do things Batman does) and that Chill's cut a deal from the feds, something Batman hates because it isn't justice, to which Superman responds that that's not their job to determine, but to make sure justice exists. Because Batman is in Superman's city, and Superman won't have a one-man army tearing down the slums, Superman offers a joint investigation: they protect Chill from Intergang, and also find out about the weapons. Batman agrees, and they shake hands; they're teaming up.

Lexcorp: Lex watches the security footage, remarking that not only does Batman and Nightwing fight dirty, but that Batman actually hurt Superman. He then gets an unexpected meeting with Ollie, telling him about the codes in his inbox; that he's harassing him, and then he leaves, telling Lex that he is wasting his time. Lex, telling the truth, notices the time stamps and has an idea.

Suicide Slums: Superman/Batman are making small talk (Luthor tagging Supes, and him not wanting to draw attention to Batman's hub, thus explaining the bat signal) while watching the building Chill is in. Batman sneaks away from Superman and makes it inside where Chill is in his room, before Superman superspeeds in front of him before he opens the door. Inside, they find Joe Chill: an older man now, in a wheelchair and on a breathing respirator.

Back at Lexcorp: Lex wakes up in the middle of the night and heads back down to the executive level of the building and on the computer doing the codes Ollie was talking about while Otis watches; but it isn't really Lex, it's Tess controlling Lex while the real Lex is asleep.

Back at the Slums: Chill talks about how he made mistakes when he was young, and killed alot of people either for himself or for other people. Batman screams that he killed his parents, and stole his life, but Chill can only say that he is sorry. But Batman kicks him to the wall, but Superman saves the weaken man, and knocks Batman back, ordering him to stand down. Superman gets to the point: they want to stop the advanced weaponary Intergang has, and they want to know where a man named Loomis is. But he is far closer than they think: Loomis aka The Prankster appears at the door. Batman throws his batarangs, but they are destroyed by Mister Freeze. Batman tells Superman to get ready, as Freeze tells Batman that he should've told his friend (Superman) that "cold kills everything."

TO BE CONTINUED

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"