Smallville BEWARE Spoilers: 11.2 - DETECTIVE - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I love Stephanie Brown but you can't go wrong with Babs. On a side note, here's a Cat Staggs sketch of Clark from today's Comic Con:

5008908Q.jpg

Didio confirmed it just now at the SDCC DC New Wave panel: Barbara Gordon is replacing Stephine Brown as Nightwing on Smallville Season 11. He also said "If we're going to introduce guest characters into the Smallville universe, we want to introduce the most recognizable characters, like Barbara Gordon, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne." So does that mean Dick Grayson is going to be in the comic too? Great if he is, but as who?

Didio confirmed it just now at the SDCC DC New Wave panel: Barbara Gordon is replacing Stephine Brown as Nightwing on Smallville Season 11. He also said "If we're going to introduce guest characters into the Smallville universe, we want to introduce the most recognizable characters, like Barbara Gordon, Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne." So does that mean Dick Grayson is going to be in the comic too? Great if he is, but as who?

But they introduced various characters who aren't that recognizable: Mia Dearden(when Roy Harper is the more well known speedy), Barry Allen and Wally West is more known as Flash than Bart, Etc. Most superheroes weren't that well known until Shows like Smallville, Batman:Brave and the Bold,JLU did and according to Geoff Johns what they wanted to have happen? Especially since alot of readers were original Smallville fans.

Ya if they wanted to change to barb should just make her batgirl. But hopefully we ill get more out of bat family.

Well you got to remember when the show was on air. The writers/producers where only allowed to use charracterrs they had rights to. And others where off the table or had to be altered so they where not said character. So this barb thing is a different case.

Actually, I kinda thought that if there was a Smallville Barbara Gordon (or in this case another kind of Smallville Barbara Gordon), that she she wouldn't be Nightwing, nor even Batgirl either, but Oracle. That way, as Batman and Superman butt heads, so will her and Chloe at first. Of course, Bats and Supes become partners, and so will the gals as well.

Hey BTW, no one has asked this yet: what will Smallville Batman have in his arsenal? Will he have the Batmobile or somethign else (maybe he changes in the Wayne sportscar to draw rumors of what Bruce might be doing, then goes out into the night like Year One, or because its a normal car; like the old serials). Batarang? What about the Batcave? Or will he have something that he did have in the comics, but it was well known outside of the comic community, and will be treated as the main elements for this universe?

Last edited:
I am sure bqm wouldn't skimp out on bat gear. As for batcave that counts if we take a trip to gotham in the story.

I kind of hope he starts off as the Batman, vigilante/urban legend mostly interested in his parent's killer (simiilar to Bruce in Batman:Earth One, Year One and All Star Batman and Robin) and ends up thanks to meeting Clark and the gang turns into more like the Batman in Super Friends, Justice League, The Batman season 5 more like a superhero inspiring hope in Gotham and fear in criminals(see episodes like Run, Aqua, Siren and Bulletproof for an example of what I'm talking about or the first Superman/Batman teamup in some cartoons like The Batman).

Maybe he is Batman in the Smallville universe because he was bitten by one of those krypto bats of Lex's....so he's part krypto vampire. :p

kidding kidding :ninja:

so.....wait......Steph is NOT Nightwing now??? And it's Babs instead??

WTF?? :(

Yeah, DC did a last minute change. Big deal. Steph is awesome but you can't go wrong with Babs.

ahh.....that sucks......I was looking forward to Steph as Nightwing........:(

Ya oh well these things happen all the time in corp world and all. Would love to hear some comments from bqm on the change. And I still think would have been nice if they had change barbs to batgirl for the book too. But thaat probably would have been more work to do in little time they had.

Little blonde female teenboppers should not be associated with Batman.

No major loss.

Definitely Steph. She sucks.

DC removing her from this and New 52 was smart.

She's just unnecessary. Batman has enough kid sidekicks who are much better. He doesn't need another. He's not running a nursery.

In the latest Starkville House of El Podcast, BQM said "it's pretty much Nightwing and Batman on Clark's turf for 95% of the story", Gotham for a couple of scenes.

I guess not much Alfred :(

Well alfred isn't really needed if they are spending time in metropolis unless there is a bunch of bruce/babs not in costume scenes. Then alfred being there too makes sense. But maybe they will throw a alfred scene in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"