Big Brother 16 - Part 1

On his definition of mogul – “Almost having a million followers makes you a mogul … New York Magazine listed me as one of the most influential tweeters in New York City … What I say, people listen to.”

Please don't bring this creature back CBS. Please.

It all seems like a play at the cameras.

No, it clearly wasn't because he went back to his ridiculously fake, over the top, clapping right after that split second reaction. THAT was the play for the camera, not the shock.

He is though. If you try and bring up the fact that the cast was stupid, you're forgetting they cast stupid HGs EVERY YEAR. Dan was playing with complete idiots in BB10 and BB14. Last year we had a bunch of morons as well. Every single season people try and say its the dumbest cast of all time.

Derrick was never ever once considered to be nominated in a season where 4 people could go up most of the game. He had multiple final twos that no one ever caught on to (with Cody/Victoria/Frankie/Caleb). He won the comps he had to, but was smart enough to throw comps to avoid putting a target on himself. He had amazing jury management skills (Unlike Dan who was terrible at this in BB14 with Shane/Frank/Joe).

The only thing he lacked was the showmanship of a Dr. Will or Dan, but that isn't a big factor for me.

Dan is the one player to play in two games and never have a single vote cast against him. As for Dr. Will, yes, he was nominated, but his nominations were part of his game. Derrick is no where close to either. Derrick was able to control the season due to:

1) The Battle of the Block which made the notion of a minority alliance gaining some level of power nearly impossible, and

2) A VERY weak cast.

Derrick's game would fail in any other season.

I'd say Derrick is a top five player, but not all time best. I'd rank as follows:

1) Dan
2) Will
3) Hayden (played the same basic game as Derrick, had an alliance that was never exposed, but did it in a much smarter house)
4) Derrick

The BB12 house was not smart. You must have forgotten that cast. Ragan and Britney were more than happy to let a giant boys alliance get to the end and instead focused on *****ing about Rachel. I clearly remember fans whining about how dumb the HGs were that season for missing an obvious boys alliance in front of their eyes.

The BB12 house was not smart. You must have forgotten that cast. Ragan and Britney were more than happy to let a giant boys alliance get to the end and instead focused on *****ing about Rachel. I clearly remember fans whining about how dumb the HGs were that season for missing an obvious boys alliance in front of their eyes.

The HGs are dumb every season, but at least others were playing the game in BB12. In this game, everyone was on autopilot. It was the Battle of the Block. It totally diluted any chance of a minority alliance taking power, making a much easier game for Derrick. Plus Hayden played a better physical game. Derrick was pathetic at challenges (you can say it was by design, and that may be true, but it doesn't change the fact).

Nope. I am not going to rank him above Hayden. Not with this season, with these twists that guaranteed him the 500k if he played a half smart game. It is the same reason I will never rank Boston Rob in my top 5 Survivor players. Redemption Island may have been a beautifully played game by him, but only because the producers stacked the game in his favor and gave him a tribe too stupid to make a move.

An argument I've seen both work for and against Derricks game is the idea that he had a final 2 competitor up and give him the money. It's either the final testament to just who Derrick was blessed with playing against or a testament to his game play.

I do think BoB played a massive factor in (CBS) motivating the weak players to be nom'd though. Even though reNoms were all the more dangerous(see Devin). A season without BoB's and things would have perhaps gone differently. Put Rachel/Jeff/Jordan in a season with BoB's.

Congrads to Derrick for winning.

Glad Donny won AFP, for me he earned that the day he trumped the dark house comp and all it entailed. Pretty much the only HG with a brain in the face of an obvious alliance.

Victoria may be the greatest floater in BB I've yet seen. Again circumstantial but what she did and how far she made it and how little she won is definitely worth ranking. If only she could have pulled off a final win and solidify the game play for floating to second place.

Maybe next time, when someone tries to start an all girls' they will be met some sort of understanding. Instead of Christine and Amber.

Ironically, I think Devin creating the large 8(?) alliance early on was one of best things to happen to Derrick's game to set him on the path to win

It's all a matter of who they find more interesting which Frankie is compared to Cody. Plus they grilled Frankie on his lesbian comment which was nice. But it isn't any different then Zach and Donny getting guest spots on a soap opera.

It's all a matter of who they find more interesting which Frankie is compared to Cody. Plus they grilled Frankie on his lesbian comment which was nice. But it isn't any different then Zach and Donny getting guest spots on a soap opera.

LOL.....12 houseguests were invited for the soap gig. Frankie's got lost in the mail.

the soap's supervising producer Casey Kasprzyk, a longtime Big Brother fan who has also hired twelve other Big Brother houseguests for roles on the soap's Halloween episode. That roster includes BB16 players Amber, Zach, Cody, Caleb, Nicole, Hayden and Devin, plus past Big Brother favorites Brendon, Rachel, Elissa, Jeff and Jordan.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Brother-Donny-1087569.aspx

Exactly it all depends on week who they like/think are interesting.

It's funny how Zach tries to downplay his relationship with Frankie

“It was all strategy,” Zach told BuzzFeed News. “I never cuddle with men [in the outside world], but I’m playing a game for $500,000 — if someone wants to cuddle with me, why not? But it never went beyond cuddling. Hands didn’t travel … although Frankie kissed my neck and bit my ear a couple of times. Not saying I didn’t like it.”
For his part, Frankie said the affection was always reciprocated and those love bites were returned on more than one occasion — but he never actually believed something romantic could happen between him and Zach. “As a gay man, I never look at straight men as options, actually,” he told BuzzFeed News. “If you tell me you’re straight, good. Congratulations. I will flirt with you and have a fun time, but there’s no danger here and they all felt that.”
Zach said that their intimate relationship ended the instant he was evicted from the house, but according to Nicole that’s not entirely accurate. “Five minutes after Frankie walked into the jury house they were on top of each other,” she told BuzzFeedNews. “I didn’t know how Zach was going to act towards Frankie because it was no longer a game, but, oh my gosh, I think Zach’s really obsessed with Frankie.”
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwiese...6-questions-answered?utm_term=2nd56is#2byvep0

tumblr_mkbvs0wPPZ1qcps22o1_500.gif

1) The Battle of the Block which made the notion of a minority alliance gaining some level of power nearly impossible, and

While I still think Derrick could have won without BotB, the Botb definitely gave his alliance a huge advantage that the other side didn't have much of a chance to take a shot at them.

I really hope Big Brother cuts down on the twists in future years because the BotB and Team America were both duds this year(that being said I won't hold my breath)

Glad Donny won AFP, for me he earned that the day he trumped the dark house comp and all it entailed. Pretty much the only HG with a brain in the face of an obvious alliance.

To be honest the only good thing about Donnie winning is it wasn't Frankie winning. Something about Donnie rubs me the wrong way. He seems like one of those guys who feels that reality shows have integrity and everybody should play to his standards and if they don't that somehow makes them bad people. If it wasn't for the BotB twist and me wanting to see the main alliance take a hit I think I would have disliked Donnie more(but because he was on the other side I was hoping he somehow screwed up their plans). To me he just seemed to be really bitter

Last edited:
Frankie+Grande+Hollywood+Highland+Center+One+la-kDThET4gl.jpg

Geezus those Grandes got some good work, ill give them that

The only thing that looks different about him is his hair.

It is probably because he lost weight but he does not look like the Frankie we have spent the last 3 months watching.

That's true, his face does look fuller there.

That explains a lot about why he left in his most recent season. I remember people speculating about one of his friends being on their deathbed or something like that, but everytime I thought about that, doesn't it seem like something he would have been aware of/prepared for pre-season? If he had just learned about his HIV status from blood tests he took for the show, that makes a lot more sense why he left without so much as a word to the others.

So apparently Zack and Victoria have been spotted together a lot recently and people on tumblr are acting like the notion of the two of them dating is the best thing to happen in the history of the world.

Stop shipping real life people, Tumblr, it's creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"