Big Hero 6

Just as long as it's not set in the MCU.

Sounds a bit like Iron Giant, with a superhero bent

I likewise wonder if this is gonna be set in the MCU.

I'm looking forward to it since I watch every movie that is part of Disney's Animated Canon.

It's weird to think that this will be a part of the Disney canon.

Sunfire, Sunpyre & Silver Samurai I guess won't be able to be in this for obvious reasons.

They're not using that version of the team anyway.

D23 presentation info

They [the audience] were treated to a clip showing Hiro, the fourteen year-old hero, and his newfound sidekick robot BayMax, who has an unusual, inflatable design about a skinny, robotic endoskeleton.

Also in the cast of characters will be GoGo Tomago, Honey Lemon, Wasabi-No Ginger and Fred, known as Fredzilla in the comics. All of the “powers” on display come from technical and mech upgrades invented by Hiro.

Movie info

What if a group of genius kids came together to save their city … with a friendly robot in tow? That’s the premise behind Disney’s latest, Big Hero 6. According to Lasseter, it’s “inspired by the culture of Japan but mashed up with the culture of America.” That’s true right down to the name of the city where it takes place — San Frantokoyo.
Director Don Hall knew he wanted to combine his love of Disney animation with his love of comic books, so, of course he was excited to come across Big Hero 6. “It’s an underground Marvel comic about a Japanese superhero,” said Hall, who took the opportunity to create his own universe within a more obscure property. “I wanted a robot who we could fall in love with…a huggable robot,” he said, before introducing the audience to Baymax, a puffy-looking robot whose movements are modeled after baby penguins.
The hero of Big Hero 6, aptly named Hiro, is a 14-year-old tech genius who must assemble his own team when the designs for Micro-bots fall into the hands of a super villain. Armed with mechanical marbles, the team includes Gog, a bike messenger, Wasabi, a sushi chef, Honey Lemon, a glamorous chemist and part-time barista, Fred, a dude who just loves comics, and of course Baymax … repurposed into a warrior.
Concept art

GVrCp68.jpg

Promo art

sbh6-001.jpg

sbh6-000.jpg

sbh6-002.jpg

Last edited:
November 7, 2014 can't get here soon enough.

It's interesting but what's the setting about? Is it about an alternate reality where the Japanese and Americans worked together to build San Francisco or is it about the Americans loosing ww2 man in the high castle style?

Or am I over thinking this?

It's interesting but what's the setting about? Is it about an alternate reality where the Japanese and Americans worked together to build San Francisco or is it about the Americans loosing ww2 man in the high castle style?

Or am I over thinking this?

Probably the latter. :woot:

I can't remember the exact quote, but the name and setting is more of a representation of the merging of East and West, stylistically and culturally, within the movie.

Not to mention literally, with a western studio like Disney taking inspiration from Japanese anime.

Not to mention literally, with a western studio like Disney taking inspiration from Japanese anime.

That, too.

Man, when you put it like that, it makes me even more excited.

Dang it, ThePowerCosmic, why do you have to make the wait for this even harder for me? :cmad: :csad: :woot: :oldrazz:

That, too.

Man, when you put it like that, it makes me even more excited.

Dang it, ThePowerCosmic, why do you have to make the wait for this even harder for me? :cmad: :csad: :woot: :oldrazz:

It's hard for me too, so you're not alone! :woot:

I mean this is Marvel's first animated movie release in theaters. And to add, Disney's making it. So excited for the possibilities.

So is this movie really based on the Marvel universe? It looks terrific, and as a big anime fan I'm glad to see Disney paying homage to that art style.

I don't know if they're paying homage to the "art style" since this will be in CGI BUT I do appreciate that they're keeping the Japanese roots of the characters the same...with the minor difference that they've changed Tokyo to San Fransokyo, but I can live with that as long as Hiro keeps his shounen protag roots.

So is this movie really based on the Marvel universe? It looks terrific, and as a big anime fan I'm glad to see Disney paying homage to that art style.

Nah, I don't think it will be in the MCU if that's what you're asking. It will be Disney canon, though. So it'll be in the same universe as Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, etc.

Yeah, MCU is only for live action. Any animated Marvel films produced by Disney will be a part of Disney canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"