Dominic Purcell Up for The Incredible Hulk?

RedIsNotBlue said:
Nope its still in the script and casting stage and Nolan is wrapping up with the Prestige.
here's hoping that TIH is far away from that

Cracker Jack said:
I didn't mean to come off so rough Jamon. I understand your view and respect them. I disagree yes but Cracker jack doesn't hate anyone. Not even Wilhem and SOG

Oh no no, you didnt come off as rough at all CJ. Its just that we have totally differing views on a lot of things and discuss them for pages and pages with no end product.

I wasnt being funny or nothing like that, just trying to save us both some time.:)

I don't really respect AVE. But thinking about I don't think I hate anyone on here either.

RedIsNotBlue said:
I don't really respect AVE. But thinking about I don't think I hate anyone on here either.

YOu dont respect me. Oh well **** happens;)

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I wasnt being funny or nothing like that, just trying to save us both some time.:)

I'm just trying to give you some hope as we wait for news as to what exactely they are planning on doing. Things may not turn out as bad as they may seem. Beleive me Jamon, I'm not thrilled with everything we've heard. Far from it. I'm keeping up hope that they know not to make The Fantastic Incredible Hulk. :eek: :eek: :eek:

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
YOu dont respect me. Oh well **** happens;)

Yeah sorry its hard for me to respect anyone who states wrong figures to help their argument. :up:

Cracker Jack said:
I'm just trying to give you some hope as we wait for news as to what exactely they are planning on doing. Things may not turn out as bad as they may seem. Beleive me Jamon, I'm not thrilled with everything we've heard. Far from it. I'm keeping up hope that they know not to make The Fantastic Incredible Hulk. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fair enough i understand, but you can at least understand my skepticism. Since July 2003 i've wanted a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, as i loved it, but all i have heard for 3 years is 'less cgi,' 'different tone,' 'more action,' 'less drama,' All the things i liked about the first movie basically

Cracker Jack said:

Fair enough i understand, but you can at least understand my skepticism. Since July 2003 i've wanted a sequel to Ang Lee's Hulk, as i loved it, but all i have heard for 3 years is 'less cgi,' 'different tone,' 'more action,' 'less drama,' All the things i liked about the first movie basically

AVEITWITHJAMON said:

WOW a triple post. LOL Yes I understand and truth be told (Starwars quote) "I have a bad feeling about this. :D

Purcell is a terrible choice. Bana was too buffed out and himbo looking to begin with, now they're going with someone who's even further away from Bruce Banner, with the added crappiness of not have Bana's acting credibility (although yes he gained that mostly post-Hulk).

Get an actors actor not a big-guy actor.

Cracker Jack said:
WOW a triple post. LOL Yes I understand and truth be told (Starwars quote) "I have a bad feeling about this. :D

Tell me about it. On the other hand The Dark Knight, Iron Man, and especially Hellboy 2 all sound superb.

Has anyone concidered Purcellmay be playing the actual hulk creature. Not Bruce Banner. I thought the rumor was that he was playing the Hulk and all anyone talks about is him playing Bruce. Its already been mentioned he is a large guy. I havent read every post so I am simply curious.
:spidey:

dareddragon555 said:
Has anyone concidered Purcellmay be playing the actual hulk creature. Not Bruce Banner. I thought the rumor was that he was playing the Hulk and all anyone talks about is him playing Bruce. Its already been mentioned he is a large guy. I havent read every post so I am simply curious.
:spidey:
Yeah a few people have suggested it. But why cast a mediocre actor like him to play a role where he won't be seen? His voice is nothing outstanding, doing the same process as the first film will net a similarly good Hulk voice. He's not that tall, Bana is taller than him. Still far from a 7' height minimum required to imitate Hulk. I find it unlikely they'd use forced perspective..:confused:

Ions said:
Yeah a few people have suggested it. But why cast a mediocre actor like him to play a role where he won't be seen? His voice is nothing outstanding, doing the same process as the first film will net a similarly good Hulk voice. He's not that tall, Bana is taller than him. Still far from a 7' height minimum required to imitate Hulk. I find it unlikely they'd use forced perspective..:confused:

Hmm, well not everyone conciders him mediocre. Personaly I like how he portrays his character in Prison Break. Of course thats only my opinion. Is he a good choice for for Bruce Banner? I don't think so at all. However pulling off the rage that is the backbone of the Hulk, he just might be able to pull off. I dont think they would use his voice. As far as size, I would assume if they do use an actor instead of just CG, than perspective will be needed to get the Hulk's size. I was impressed with how Hyde was done in the L.E.G. Though then they wouldnt really need a different actor to play the Hulk. Well thanks for the impute. I know a lot of people are worried about the movie and I hope there is a lot more being thought about by the team in charge than it looks like. Either way they go, many people will still hate it. You'll never make a movie everyone likes. Everyone has different opinions. But it be nice if a good group of us were pleased with the sequal.

dareddragon555 said:
Hmm, well not everyone conciders him mediocre. Personaly I like how he portrays his character in Prison Break. Of course thats only my opinion. Is he a good choice for for Bruce Banner? I don't think so at all. However pulling off the rage that is the backbone of the Hulk, he just might be able to pull off. I dont think they would use his voice. As far as size, I would assume if they do use an actor instead of just CG, than perspective will be needed to get the Hulk's size. I was impressed with how Hyde was done in the L.E.G. Though then they wouldnt really need a different actor to play the Hulk. Well thanks for the impute. I know a lot of people are worried about the movie and I hope there is a lot more being thought about by the team in charge than it looks like. Either way they go, many people will still hate it. You'll never make a movie everyone likes. Everyone has different opinions. But it be nice if a good group of us were pleased with the sequal.

Well, essentially thats what i want, i may not find it as good as the first one but i hold the first movie in high regard. I just want the movie to be above average and then whos knows were we can go from there.

i feel kinda freaky all this drama over casting for banner/hulk got me wanting Bana so much more. I don't know why but all this talk just got me to see his face a lot in my head. Got me wanting to see him reprise that role he made come to life.

btw, the more i think about it The Hulk was a really good movie and i think really good for the people who saw it. A lot of people whom wouldn't have given a movie with that much skill & passion a chance watched it cause it had the hulk stamp. but, i don't remember people walking out. It was just unexpectedly complicated for many people. they left feeling confused, but i think in the long run it was good for them to have seen it. It's going to be a modern classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"