Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

Nothing we have seen from Birds of Prey matches the inaccuracy of Marvel Studios' Spider-man films, for example.

Well MCU Spiderman main character is Spiderman. Birds of Prey main character is Harley Quinn. Doesn’t get more inaccurate than that....

I mean who the F wanted to see a joker origin movie and expect it to make a billion right?

Well MCU Spiderman main character is Spiderman. Birds of Prey main character is Harley Quinn. Doesn’t get more inaccurate than that....

“Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn”.

She’s the only named in the title mate. The Birds of Prey team is in this movie, but the movie is about Harley.

This was always a Harley vehicle with the BOP as supporting characters. It was never claimed to be anything else at any point in it’s production.

It’s not as though Huntress and Canary will have no lines or arc.

Honestly, people are behaving ridiculously about this. They won’t be happy until the whole plot is lined out for them and then they’ll complain they’ve been shown too much.

Thinks that’s why people are complaining. Canary Huntress etc should be headlining their movie not being support characters to Harley Quinn.

Thinks that’s why people are complaining. Canary Huntress etc should be headlining their movie not being support characters to Harley Quinn.
I don't think people know much about Huntress and Black Canary that much to care about them (this movie will introduce them), they don't have the name recognition that Harley has, plus Harley Quinn character is way more popular than Huntress or Black Canary, only fans are complaining.

I don't think people know much about Huntress and Black Canary that much to care about them (this movie will introduce them), they don't have the name recognition that Harley has, plus Harley Quinn character is way more popular than Huntress or Black Canary, only fans are complaining.

Exactly. Harley is the draw to bring in the audience and, hopefully, people will like Huntress and Black Canary and they'll become more popular.

Margot Robbie could have done her little Mad Love story (she’s got collaborators on that if she wants to go ahead), but instead she chose to bring BOP with her, and hardcore fans are going mad at her.

Instead she should have just stick to Mad Love and her little solo adventures, Suicide Squad with Gunn and co, and break her way into Reeves’ Batman, and let BOP and Ivy etc rot in WB’s library.

People actually believe the WB suits will wake up one day and pump out a BOP movie in the next 30 years? CW is where they belong clearly, in the suits’ minds, and I’ve lost count how many Canaries they have and killed.

They haven’t even pumped out a Batgirl movie, in general audiences’ eyes, who the heck is Black Canary? Huntress? Some Halloween cosplay girls?

I have to wonder if Harley will show up in Pattinson's film like in a post credits scene

Never liked Harley Quinn. Didn't like Robbie's Quinn even though I don't mind Robbie.

Generally I'm interested in any superhero'y films but the trailer did nothing for me. Just a big meh until shh members turn up that genuinely enjoyed it and I'll give it a shot when I can rent it.

Wasn't interested in the Joker film either. Still not but agai , will wait for home release.

Yeah...but Marvel didn't do a "Guardians of the Galaxy: and the emancipation of the Mighty Thor". They sold the characters and made people want them. DC has more recognizable and loved characters here, and they seem scared to pull that trigger.

Yeah...but Marvel didn't do a "Guardians of the Galaxy: and the emancipation of the Mighty Thor". They sold the characters and made people want them. DC has more recognizable and loved characters here, and they seem scared to pull that trigger.
WB green-lighted Harley Quinn movie with Margot Robbie as the Producer, she thought it would be better to have some more female cast members, so she decided to introduce BoP characters in this story.

This movie project was never intended to be all about "Birds of Prey" team as "Guardians Of Galaxy" was a movie about a team of misfits called by that name.

Margot Robbie could have done her little Mad Love story (she’s got collaborators on that if she wants to go ahead), but instead she chose to bring BOP with her, and hardcore fans are going mad at her.

Instead she should have just stick to Mad Love and her little solo adventures, Suicide Squad with Gunn and co, and break her way into Reeves’ Batman, and let BOP and Ivy etc rot in WB’s library.

People actually believe the WB suits will wake up one day and pump out a BOP movie in the next 30 years? CW is where they belong clearly, in the suits’ minds, and I’ve lost count how many Canaries they have and killed.

They haven’t even pumped out a Batgirl movie, in general audiences’ eyes, who the heck is Black Canary? Huntress? Some Halloween cosplay girls?

Yeah obviously WB thinks of the BOP as TV characters. If Margot was able to use the GCS, the BOP would never have been seen in outside of TV.

Yeah obviously WB thinks of the BOP as TV characters. If Margot was able to use the GCS, the BOP would never have been seen in outside of TV.
I think there was a separate BoP movie in consideration when Ben Affleck was still attached to do a solo Batman movie, after Ben Affleck dropped out, Matt Reeves has been given the freedom to use whatever characters he wants to use from Batman's rouge gallery, and this could be one of the reasons why that BoP (and Batgirl, Nightwing, Deathstroke) was cancelled.

Harley's movie was however, still given a go ahead signal as it will lead into "The Suicide Squad" (soft-boot)

Given Ewan's comments about how this movie take a good, hard look at misogyny, someone should do a supercut of BOP and Bombshell. Just because it would be funny to see Harley it Roger Ailes in the face with a mallet.

Hopefully we'll get a Harley-less BOP film as a sequel

For Birds of Prey I have to wonder if we will get a deeper look into Gotham as far as the city goes? But mainly I just want to know how they will address Bruce Wayne/Batman and or if he will even be mentioned at all in this film?

Thought Batman is missing or something in BOP.

I think there was a separate BoP movie in consideration when Ben Affleck was still attached to do a solo Batman movie, after Ben Affleck dropped out, Matt Reeves has been given the freedom to use whatever characters he wants to use from Batman's rouge gallery, and this could be one of the reasons why that BoP (and Batgirl, Nightwing, Deathstroke) was cancelled.

Harley's movie was however, still given a go ahead signal as it will lead into "The Suicide Squad" (soft-boot)

Uh... No to there being an exact plan to connect things. Correct me if I'm wrong but to sum things up:
*I think there was a lot of talk surrounding Ben Affleck's Batman 2016-2017 but I don't think a BoP movie was ever seriously rumored or considered.

*After Fall-2016 release of Suicide Squad, a direct follow-up wasn't going to happen for a while so David Ayer by the end of that year began planning for a Gotham City Sirens movie. After the Justice League misfire about a year later (amid questions regarding the sale to AT&T) WB became more disorganized and this film went by the wayside in mid-2018 when Margot Robbie ultimately decided to go for a recently written script by Christina Hodson over that or a Rom-Com movie with Joker (Joker could've been stand-alone as well if not for Joaquin Phoenix movie).

*Late 2018, BOP was tweaked to include Black Mask over Penguin and removed Batgirl (who was originally going to be included after Whedon's take scrapped early 2018) and the film became more Harley centered as Christina Hodson began in later 2018 a script for Batgirl as well.

*On a totally separate thread of events, Suicide Squad 2 never really seriously seemed to be picking up steam until James Gunn got involved the 2nd half of last year then went from a hard reboot to a softer one since... Harley I don't believe was even going to be involved originally as this kind of took shape totally separate from BOP and by all indications will be PG-13 while BOP is planned for an R unless something changes...

*Batgirl by Christina Hodson also seems to have lost steam as far as a solo outing goes at least until the re-worked Batman movie by Matt Reeves comes out. That being said, if BOP a major success I can see movies as a follow-up to this coming out in the future in their own little niche corner...

So yeah, I think WB is just not worried about connecting the dots just yet but are containing Batman related properties moreso.

Separate development doesn't mean they cannot connect those (BoP and The SS), had they proceeded with Gavin O'Connors' Suicide Squad, Harley would have been part of it, maybe Affleck too had Matt Reeves shown any interest in continuing with Affleck.

Fpr example, Shazam had totally independent and separate development but they did manage to tie it to DCEU.

Separate development doesn't mean they cannot connect those (BoP and The SS), had they proceeded with Gavin O'Connors' Suicide Squad, Harley would have been part of it, maybe Affleck too had Matt Reeves shown any interest in continuing with Affleck.

Fpr example, Shazam had totally independent and separate development but they did manage to tie it to DCEU.
An exact plan to connect those I don't think has settled yet not so much that it isn't possible is what I meant.

A inferenced connection by having Harley showup moreso than a direct one storywise I think pertaining to SS and BOP. 2 separate roads of development and perhaps different ratings I think make direct storyline connections moreso on James Gunn to implement and I think that partially depends on BOP's reception so loose inferences with no real direct acknowledgements are still a strong possibility.

Pretty good chance to see Zoe in GCS or even a cameo in BOP now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"