Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

Maybe that's the cause of Reeves taking a long time to get the script done, to get his version of these characters in so he establish them first before letting them show up in other franchises.

Despite having characters from Suicide Squad (Harley and Joker) and following up on plot lines from said movie, BoP is not connected to it in anyway and exists in a different timeline altogether

These statements are always lol worthy

To the people wondering why Batgirl/Babs isn't in the movie, Sue Kroll said they weren't allowed to use her because of the solo movie. The same came probably be said for GCS considering Selina is in Batman and Pamela will probably show up as well.
All Bat-characters should be in same universe, (the one with Harley Quinn, if you ask me) Matt Reeves has been given the keys to Batman and his characters at wrong time, if WB was so interested in having another solo Batman continuity, they should have just killed Ben Affleck's Batman in a battle with Steppenwolf in Justice League movie and blown up Gotham City along with rest of characters like Harley, and Commissioner Gordon (written by Whedon and shot it cheaply)

Why are they wasting money on Harley Quinn and BoP movie and that James Gunn's TSS movie ? I get it, The real deal is with Matt Reeves's Bat movies. I'm sure Jett would approve.

I'm more interested in Reeves' version at this point than stuff tied to the misbegotten DCEU.

I'm more interested in Reeves' version at this point than stuff tied to the misbegotten DCEU.
I think many are and that's not a good thing for DCEU, just end it, if WB are going to sabotage it like this.

I wanted to see a full fledged DCEU, why I can't get it ?

I just want to know how they explain where Batman and Commissioner Gordon are. Of all Gothamites, Gordon should be around there.

Does the movie even take place in Gotham?
This can go on a ground level so it doesnt need gordon around or even have him mentioned as long as they focus fully on the gangster world.

Despite having characters from Suicide Squad (Harley and Joker) and following up on plot lines from said movie, BoP is not connected to it in anyway and exists in a different timeline altogether

These statements are always lol worthy

Its a freaking weird thing but i can see it getting fixed after Reeves batman and connect it somewhat with that universe.
Changing things slightly and so on...but yeah the thing is a mess in terms of a timeline or universe.

All Bat-characters should be in same universe, (the one with Harley Quinn, if you ask me) Matt Reeves has been given the keys to Batman and his characters at wrong time, if WB was so interested in having another solo Batman continuity, they should have just killed Ben Affleck's Batman in a battle with Steppenwolf in Justice League movie and blown up Gotham City along with rest of characters like Harley, and Commissioner Gordon (written by Whedon and shot it cheaply)

Why are they wasting money on Harley Quinn and BoP movie and that James Gunn's TSS movie ? I get it, The real deal is with Matt Reeves's Bat movies. I'm sure Jett would approve.

I think many are and that's not a good thing for DCEU, just end it, if WB are going to sabotage it like this.

I wanted to see a full fledged DCEU, why I can't get it ?

Well, WB was desperate in competing with Marvel and hired Zack Snyder to create a full universe...somehow however not getting the memo that he will use a Dark Knight returns batman that he wants to kill at one point.
Lack of oversight and focus on getting as much money as possible got us into a rather problematic state right now.

But to be fair, Gunn is a good filmmaker and Robbie gets people into seats...so putting money on that isnt the worst idea from a financial standpoint...that we have a complete mess in terms of universes is at the moment not a priority to fix for them.
At first they want to see what sticks...after Reeves Batman i assume we get a clearer direction...i hope.

Or it isnt and they just havent told us what they are thinking. We as fans tend to overthink things ;)

Birds of Prey fan-art poster. :up:
ELgqwP9W4AQbZpQ.jpg

It's a teaser, not trailer, better than the last one.... but to really get fans interested, just show the Black Mask and Harley's Hyena in action, and some more character interactions, particularly featuring other characters who are not Harley Quinn.

Jesus. Good or not, I'll be there opening night. :hehe:

Same.

I like that it's not looking like a typical superhero movie, that is.. with Super-powers, comic accurate costumes, Capes and Masks (protagonists with masks, not villains).

And I like that this movie has a small scope, I'm a bit tired of World ending scenarios, hi-tech SciFi and Magic. This movie has some street-level action, is the main appeal to me.

Well, it's a low budget, small scale movie and they have deliberately stayed away from comic book accurate costumes, in favor of everyday clothes.

But,

* John Wick director Chad Stahelski is directing some action sequences (who is also doing the same thing for Black Widow, I bet people are interested in BW movie, so why not this too ?)

* Matthew Libatique is the Cinematographer for this movie, he was Oscar-nominated for Black Swan, and was cinematographer for Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and Venom.

* Visual effects coordinator Aaron Cornwall who did vfx for Aquaman is the special effects coordinator for Birds Of Prey. (also worked on Ant-Man and the Wasp.)

* Daniel Pemberton is the music composer for BoP, who worked on movies like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

* WETA Digital is doing vfx effects for some scenes of the movie.

* Script is by Christina Hodson, who wrote script for Bumblebee, and BOP test screening reports have been positive so far.

So, not bad , Eh ? Maybe it will be entertaining little movie ?

Last edited:
Every single thing I see about this movie makes me less interested.

Right there with you. I keep watching little snippets of this when they pop up, hoping something will wow me, but I see Harley and the Indeterminate Ladies without Costumes, and I just shrug. I like Robbie as Quinn, but that's all this has going for it. Everything else has me very meh.

Dude this movie has two of the most brutal and sadistic DC villains ever for the first time in this.(Roman Sionis/Black Mask and Viktor Zasaz)

Which is one of the reasons it will be R rated, and everyone is just stuck on costumes, smh.

Dude this movie has two of the most brutal and sadistic DC villains ever for the first time in this.(Roman Sionis/Black Mask and Viktor Zasaz)

Which is one of the reasons it will be R rated, and everyone is just stuck on costumes, smh.

I guess you didn't see Batman Begins or Gotham.

Gotham is not a movie and Nolan's BB didn't have much screentime for him, plus it was Nolan's take on the character.

Yep...since they called it...you know...Birds of Prey.

I don't get it. In the comics, these women's costumes change frequently. This movie just presents another version of that, and even then their looks obviously take inspiration from the comics.

Anyway, I am only liking this movie the more of it I see. The cast and crew seem like such a cohesive and joyful group, and the film itself looks fun and unique, yet still a superhero story on a more grounded level, as Gotham stuff tends to be anyway.

It looks like a blast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"