Birds of Prey Birds of Prey General Discussion and Speculation

So, according to poster at Reddit..
Birds Of Prey is not for the faint hearted. According to spoilers at test screenings, it is a hard R - not just R for language ! - and is the bloodiest DC movie by far

source

EObb0oRWsAAKv1U.jpg

EObb1jSWkAA0Dft.jpg

EObb3CdWkAAzbQu.jpg

The cinematography and production design and look are fantastic. I love the way the film looks so far!

Smart. No need for a film like this to have a huge budget and barring a full on flop it will easily make money. If the Harley fans come out like they did for Suicide Squad it could actually make quite a bit of cash without being a huge blockbuster.

I mean what does a movie like this even warrant being over 100?

I mean what does a movie like this even warrant being over 100?
That is what I thought at least domestically.

I think being a comic derived IP expectations have gone up perhaps unreasonably.

Worldwide, I think a 250 million haul will perhaps be what is needed for WB to greenlight a sequel right away. Domestically I think crossing the 150 mill. mark will be enough. If it hits a total of over 400 domestic and worldwide combined I think that is maybe where expectations seem to me at least to fast track a sequel.

All together the bar was lower for John Wick (although not sure how marketing costs compare) and is a success so it will be interesting to see how things play out.

Last edited:
So they pulled out the big guns with the soundtrack trailer "produced by the suicide squad album team"

It looks awesome and I hope they haven't left it too late ànd timed it right for the targeted demo, is 3 weeks enough to drive the music fans and teens into theaters? If they can do that it's gonna be way more than 52M OW, they haven't really promoted this way yet.

It reminded me a little of Kick Ass for some reason

It’s a project where Margot makes to give other B to C list characters a chance to make it to the big screen and have their sequels or spin offs

Not sure why some BOP fans are disappointed about, you will get your costumes at the end of this film, and their own films later

Without Margot you get nothing for decades
I don't want Harley Quinn as prominent of a character as I think the character is in this.

I'd prefer they got them before the end, if they do.

I think Micromind meant pet projects that the performers are very keen to get off the ground and get it out of development hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"